Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

7 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I do believe agents become free at the end of the month, not the end of the Stanley Cup play.

Starts July 1st each year. Each team has the ability to sign their own RFA's and UFAs beforehand of course.

9 hours ago, BlueKross said:

I do believe agents become free at the end of the month, not the end of the Stanley Cup play.

But, lots of action can happen in June, before free agency opens (e.g. Subban-Weber/Hall-Larsson)

11 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Yes. But trade action will start before that, especially for the RFAs.

24 minutes ago, Neech said:

The rumour of Gostisbehere for Shaw and/or Byron has got to be too good to be true, we'd surely have to add something significant. 

Its like ea sports trading. 5 thirdliners for one top 4 dman. 

5 hours ago, Neech said:

The rumour of Gostisbehere for Shaw and/or Byron has got to be too good to be true, we'd surely have to add something significant. 

It's coming from a TFP guy (a sketchy site when it comes to rumours) and is seconded by the TFP guy whose crusade a year ago was swearing up and down that the Habs and Kings had never discussed a Pacioretty trade at the draft...and we all know that Pacioretty himself had said he'd talked about a contract with the Kings at that time but that he didn't have enough time to make a decision.  Until it comes from someone semi-reliable, I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-11 at 3:30 PM, Neech said:

I would take Byron out add Petry  and our 2nd round pick, I think that gets it done. They need Forward and RD help. Shaw and Petry gives them that. 

Shaw + Petry + 2nd round pick 

For

Gostisbehere 

Then we go and sign Karlsson and Gardiner. Our D would then look like this next year 

Gostisbehere  - Weber

Gardiner  - Karlsson 

Mete  -  Kulak

I am ok with not adding a forward after trading Shaw and letting the rookies battle it out for that spot.

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Shaw and Petry and a pick is a huge overpayment. 

Our cap space could not sign both Gardiner and karlsson

Agree on both counts.

50 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Shaw and Petry and a pick is a huge overpayment. 

Our cap space could not sign both Gardiner and karlsson

I don't think its a huge over payment. We end up saving cap space in this trade.  Instead of a 2nd round pick then just Shaw and petry. Replacing Petry for Karlsson is a upgrade and Shaw isn't a huge loss but you're saving in cap space.

This lets you sign both Karlsson and Gardiner.  And gives us the best D core we have had in years and up grades our pp in a big way. We could have 2 top units out for our pp. Something we have never had.

26 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I don't think its a huge over payment. We end up saving cap space in this trade.  Instead of a 2nd round pick then just Shaw and petry. Replacing Petry for Karlsson is a upgrade and Shaw isn't a huge loss but you're saving in cap space.

This lets you sign both Karlsson and Gardiner.  And gives us the best D core we have had in years and up grades our pp in a big way. We could have 2 top units out for our pp. Something we have never had.

Shaw and Petry is Still a huge overpayment.... 

You massively undervalue Petry, which was a theme last year in your trade proposals including him too. 

You also assume that we can sign both of those guys, which is by no means a guarantee. 

And you want PP units with 2 defencemen on each?  When nearly every good PP in the league has 1 d and 4 forwards.

None of this makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Shaw and Petry is Still a huge overpayment.... 

You massively undervalue Petry, which was a theme last year in your trade proposals including him too. 

You also assume that we can sign both of those guys, which is by no means a guarantee. 

And you want PP units with 2 defencemen on each?  When nearly every good PP in the league has 1 d and 4 forwards.

None of this makes sense. 

I am not undervalue petry. I think gostisbehere is better then petry and a petry for gostisbehere trade isn't enough to get it done. Maybe you're overvaluing petry. 

I just think that if we do sign Karlsson then petry could be used as a trade piece to improve other areas. 

• Upvote 1

The only way it works is if the cap maxes out (it won't), Gardiner and Karlsson both sign for less than market value (they won't), and Molson is totally cool with burying $7 675 000 in Laval‬ (the likeliest of three, and yet still really unlikely.)

We'd be running a 22 man roster, every minor injury would become a major inconvenience, and the Habs would take a reduced cap hit the year afterwards if Kotkaniemi hits his performance bonuses.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

This lets you sign both Karlsson and Gardiner.

Your living in lollipop land to even propose signing the top 2 d-men free agents...you know how unlikely that is, better chance Mete scores 50g next year? :nuts:

I will stick with hoping for a Jake Bean-type of younger upgrade on left side, for a Pick/Prospect+Shaw, Lehkonen or Byron.

• Upvote 1

I think everybody should be pulling for a free asset who just happens to own multiple Norris trophies and is the best Dman in the NHL when healthy (karlsson). His recent injury set backs should/ could drive his asking price down which would make it even more ideal.

I dont want Gardiner at all personally and would rather see more young D given minutes and am  perfectly content letting Mete mature next to Weber.

Getting Gostisbere would effectively make Petry expendable (agree) but I fully believe o e of those 3 can play the left side.

5 hours ago, Metallica said:

Report today is SJ going to offer him 8/88.

Sounds just about right. If Montreal matches, does he come to Montreal and/or does somebody out bid that ?  OR THAT IS acceptable and he never becomes free agent?

8 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Sounds just about right. If Montreal matches, does he come to Montreal and/or does somebody out bid that ?  OR THAT IS acceptable and he never becomes free agent?

If Montreal matches a deal like that, it would be $12.57m/yr for 7 years, as they can only offer a 7 year deal. Which is idiotic for a player not named McDavid.

The key behind the rumours is that Karlsson specifically wants to play close to Ottawa. If he’s only out for money, then yes, the Habs will be hard pressed to sign him to anything resembling a realistic deal.