Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

That's funny. I posted that earlier on the Souray thread that he would go to a team like the Oilers or Blues. Bingo i was right.

Perhaps i should open my own rumor site like EK.

That's funny. I posted that earlier on the Souray thread that he would go to a team like the Oilers or Blues. Bingo i was right.

Do it Chris! I'd read them :clap::clap:

Ok shorthanded. Here you go. I have no sources but do not be surprised if Ryder and D man get moved to free up spots for youngsters.

I'm thiunking a pick or prospect coming back.

I know the arguement about him being the habs best goal scorer, so you guys don't need to point it out, i know.

You heard it here first.

Ok shorthanded. Here you go. I have no sources but do not be surprised if Ryder and D man get moved to free up spots for youngsters.

I'm thiunking a pick or prospect coming back.

I know the arguement about him being the habs best goal scorer, so you guys don't need to point it out, i know.

You heard it here first.

come on Chris! You can do better than that! That's pretty much the same rumour everyone has already mentioned. I'll give you credit though, everyone else says we're gonna get a warm body back for Ryder, not a prospect or pick... Let's see if this is done by end of training camp...

I'd like to see Mike Johnson back in Montreal - but I can picture him joining the Islanders or Oilers (both teams in desperate need of a forward).

I don't know why Gainey didn't care to re-sign him, he did a pretty good job on the third line last season. Always worked hard and reached double digits in goals along with 30-some points.

I'd like to see Mike Johnson back in Montreal - but I can picture him joining the Islanders or Oilers (both teams in desperate need of a forward).

I don't know why Gainey didn't care to re-sign him, he did a pretty good job on the third line last season. Always worked hard and reached double digits in goals along with 30-some points.

From how I understand it Johnson wanted more then a 1 year contract and thats all the Habs were prepared to offer. I for one would have loved to see him back. A player that did enjoy playing in Montreal and was a pretty decent forchecker and for the most part played with heart when he was out there.

Unlike Souray he will be a player I truly miss.

Danny Markov would be an amazing pickup. The guy's got the heart of Bouillon but actually has some size to go with it. I've never seen anyone block more shots than him. Absolutely fearless, decent mobility and likes to dish out hits.

Danny Markov would be an amazing pickup. The guy's got the heart of Bouillon but actually has some size to go with it. I've never seen anyone block more shots than him. Absolutely fearless, decent mobility and likes to dish out hits.

According to Casiey (sp) Campbell last year during a Habs game on CBC he already plays for us <_<

But I agree I would also like him on the team.

Edited by Habsfan24

Here's Ek again.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8618

Regarding Peca interest be Montreal: "Montreal is still waiting on a possible deal to get Marleau. That deal is not happening tomorrow, but could happen soon. Peca may be gone before Montreal finds out which way the winds blow out west."

Here we go again.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

According to Casiey (sp) Campbell last year during a Habs game on CBC he already plays for us <_<

But I agree I would also like him on the team.

What would Markov cost? If any Eklund rumors were true I would be beside myself if we added Selanne and Markov. A move like that would justify ticket price hike and I would purchase Center ice and actually look forward to watching the games. Gainey needs to understand that he should do whatever it takes to bring in Teemu. Not just for Koivu but the marketing and excitement he would bring ahhhhhh man just the thought of that toothless fairy wearing the CH makes me want to celebrate with JOY!!!!!!!!

Here's Ek again.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8618

Regarding Peca interest be Montreal: "Montreal is still waiting on a possible deal to get Marleau. That deal is not happening tomorrow, but could happen soon. Peca may be gone before Montreal finds out which way the winds blow out west."

Here we go again.

Peca.... :puke:

He's the only guy I've seen take a slapshot to the face and keep standing and playing. I'd love him on our team.

Souray just had a record season. He has almost no chance of repeating it - no one ever has. He just had a career, historical season and isn't taking advantage of it. There is no way he can improve his stock upon what he's set it at this season. Unless, of course, he repeats these numbers but does it with an even +/- which will NEVER happen.

Yup! 66 goals in his entire career and 26 of them last year. Makes him a $2-2.5 million man, not $5M +

I think the Ryder + dman for a prospect/pick is pretty good.

Habs have way too many good, talented young d knocking hard on the door. Maybe time for two of O'Byrne, Valentenko and Biron to come up. Move Streit to D so each rook can play with a vet (Hamrlik, Streit, whoever stays between Cube/Dandy).

Plus next years draft is rumoured to be deep, isn't it? And next years UFA market...wait, why bother with the UFA market?

We have no one in the system to instantly replace Ryder. If we are going to trade him, we would be upgrading him, not adding prospects to a system that's already full to the brim.

Hey Chris, we could use your first two initials like EK. Except yours would have the GREATEST of respect "CH" :hockey: :hlogo:

Sorry shorthanded, i only see Ryder and a D 1 of (bouillon, Streit or Gorges, Dandy being moved. I would love to predict more but i don't see it happening. I think this is pretty close to the opening day roster.

I wish i couls open up a site insaneavsfan, i would charge 99cents a month. I don't need everyone to join, just a million, then i could retire.

BTH, i don't agree about know one in the system to replace Ryder, Kovalev in that spot is making 4.5 mill to put up some numbers. (I know he won't but).

Lats had 18 goals i think, in limited roles and playing with the 4th line alot, paired with Koivu all year may fetch him 30 goals.

Getting a high pick as aposed to a player is good for the future, free up space for the youth, and really not hurt the youth.

He's the only guy I've seen take a slapshot to the face and keep standing and playing. I'd love him on our team.

thats ######ing great, any footage of that? Man i laughed when i read that.

Read today that Detroit is interested in Kovalev, on a forum. Dunno where he read it, probably Eklund

thats ######ing great, any footage of that? Man i laughed when i read that.

Read today that Detroit is interested in Kovalev, on a forum. Dunno where he read it, probably Eklund

truth be told, that might not be the worst destination for him... they have the depth to cover for him and he'd probably be a great fit on their lower lines.

that being said, I highly doubt it.

Edited by simonus

Sorry shorthanded, i only see Ryder and a D 1 of (bouillon, Streit or Gorges, Dandy being moved. I would love to predict more but i don't see it happening. I think this is pretty close to the opening day roster.

I wish i couls open up a site insaneavsfan, i would charge 99cents a month. I don't need everyone to join, just a million, then i could retire.

BTH, i don't agree about know one in the system to replace Ryder, Kovalev in that spot is making 4.5 mill to put up some numbers. (I know he won't but).

Lats had 18 goals i think, in limited roles and playing with the 4th line alot, paired with Koivu all year may fetch him 30 goals.

Getting a high pick as aposed to a player is good for the future, free up space for the youth, and really not hurt the youth.

You only need 100,000.

By the end of the year you would have $1.2M from "monthly revenue"

When it starts...I'll pitch in with my "sources" as well ...for a partnership of course :lol:

3 way deal with San Jose?? ;)

I don't care if it is a 15 way trade...as long as Marleau is in, and Kovy or Ryder is out.