Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Im surprised that nobodys posted about Ek saying were trying to get Jussi Jokinen.

:hlogo:

I do not understand this desire to rid the team of Ryder. With the thinking of people on this board a past player like Steve Shutt would have had a hard time being accepted. I am not saying Ryder is a Steve Shutt only that Shutt had the opportunity to play with a great player and benefited from LaFleur to score as many goals as he did.

I do not understand this desire to rid the team of Ryder. With the thinking of people on this board a past player like Steve Shutt would have had a hard time being accepted. I am not saying Ryder is a Steve Shutt only that Shutt had the opportunity to play with a great player and benefited from LaFleur to score as many goals as he did.

Shutt played the game for the love of the game. When his contract was up he signed another one.

Can you say any of that about Ryder?

I agree with you about giving Ryder a chance ...ship him off to some other team with a star and let him benefit from him and get his inflated stats.

Bye, Bye...see ya later Michael

As for saying Shutt was a direct result of Lafleur.... Shame on you!

Scotty Bowman would kick your arse for even thinking that!

Edited by Habitforming

Mainly because Ek says a lot of things....

That is the main reason. Another reason is because we don't want it to happen and by talking about it we might actually jinx it and make it come true.

I think we have 3-4 Jussi's waiting for a shot, so why bother.

You only need 100,000.

By the end of the year you would have $1.2M from "monthly revenue"

When it starts...I'll pitch in with my "sources" as well ...for a partnership of course :lol:

Btw, just for your information a banana told me yesterday that he heard from a coconut that his palmtree leaf said his cousing the maple leaf were going to sign Arron Asham to a 3 yeardeal worth alot.

Shutt played the game for the love of the game. When his contract was up he signed another one.

Can you say any of that about Ryder?

I agree with you about giving Ryder a chance ...ship him off to some other team with a star and let him benefit from him and get his inflated stats.

Bye, Bye...see ya later Michael

As for saying Shutt was a direct result of Lafleur.... Shame on you!

Scotty Bowman would kick your arse for even thinking that!

I do not think so!!!

Btw, just for your information a banana told me yesterday that he heard from a coconut that his palmtree leaf said his cousing the maple leaf were going to sign Arron Asham to a 3 yeardeal worth alot.

hahahahaha good one.

Unfortunately I would not recomend that banana as he has been totally unreliable in the past. What upset me was when his cousin Rebecca Raspberry told him the pinapple knew Yashin was going to sign somewhere for league minimum as he feels guilty robbing Fort Knox Long Island for all that loot in his latest heist. The Ottawa robbery was bad enough but the Long Island one really made him sad. I should have know never to trust a damn Banana or Pinapple! :rolleyes:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

You're bang on that some people on this board would probably have loathed Steve Shutt ('one dimensional,' 'doesn't backcheck enough,' blahablahblah). I also suspect that they would have wanted Larry Robinson strung up from yardarm because he wasn't always sturdy in his own end and was prone to the occasional high-risk pass. A few of those, and this 'addition by subtraction' crowd would have wanted him run out of town on a rail. 'His offensive game and physical presence are undermined by his defensive lapses blahblahblahblah.'

It's not that Ryder's a bad player. He's a good player. But that's what makes him tradable - he has value to other teams, and unlike much of our roster, his ceiling seems clear (30 goals). No one wants to deal young players with sky-high potential (although Lord knows, this board tends to anoint every decent prospect as the second coming of Howie Morenz - remember the fervour around here over 'future superstars' like Garon, Balej, the 'other' Hossa, Jan Bulis, etc., etc.?). Still, I'd certainly trade Ryder over, say, Higgins or even Kostityn. And the reason for wanting to trade him is that we clearly need a major upgrade, especially at C. Ryder is one of our few more 'veteran' assets likely to tempt other GMs (at least as part of a package). Plus he's a pain in the arse to sign.

So it's not - or shouldn't be - about 'addition by subtraction.' (The only time that lunatic math makes sense is with overpaid absolute disasters like Samsonov or Theodore). Trading Ryder should be about upgrading the overall talent level. He's the most obvious bait we have in the quest for guys like Marleau. That's all.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

What about Chris Simon for some muscle? I've always liked that dude, and we need a police man that can play.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! First, i'd rather he not play here in terms of his play. Fairly washed up. Second, if we weren't gonna bring in Bertuzzi because of his temper and the chance that he might freak and break someone's head again, we should think twice (heck, ten times!) about Simon...

Isn't Chris Simon still suspended for like, 10 more games to start next season anyways?

not sure, probably. for me, as a rule, any guy who's gonna cause more of a media frenzy around the team than their already is (and not a good media frenzy, a la crosby, but the bad kind) should be avoided UNLESS what he brings on the ice is so good we won't be able to get it some other way. To me, chris simon is not worth the distraction he'll bring. The press here already LOOKS for scandals, and makes them up when there are none, or when there's just a whiff of something. No need to feed the wolves.

You're bang on that some people on this board would probably have loathed Steve Shutt ('one dimensional,' 'doesn't backcheck enough,' blahablahblah). I also suspect that they would have wanted Larry Robinson strung up from yardarm because he wasn't always sturdy in his own end and was prone to the occasional high-risk pass. A few of those, and this 'addition by subtraction' crowd would have wanted him run out of town on a rail. 'His offensive game and physical presence are undermined by his defensive lapses blahblahblahblah.'

Yeah, but Robinson was once a +120. That puts him in a class all by himself with Bobby Orr. His defensive game couldn't have been that bad or he wouldn't have dominated the league that season (and yes, it's impossible to get a +/- of 120 without dominating).

Anyways, Chris Simon is useless. Zherdev is a younger Kovalev.

thats ######ing great, any footage of that? Man i laughed when i read that.

Read today that Detroit is interested in Kovalev, on a forum. Dunno where he read it, probably Eklund

I looked for it, to no avail. I think it was when he played for tha Laffs. Man, I really would love having this guy... I think I'm more anxious about him than I was with Smyth or Briere (likely cuz I knew we couldn't get them).

yeah i couldnt find it myself either....so the Laffs had a great D and they let it slip.

They'd rather have 1) slow, 2) weak/fearful, and 3) overpriced

Edited by lazy26

Kubina was probably the Leafs worst signing. He backfired big time last season, the only started to play some decent hockey was near the end of the season. Either way, not even close to the 5M$ value he signed at. And to think, I was hoping the Habs were going to snag him that UFA season.

Gill was dependable as long as he wasn't the last guy in the Leafs' defensive zone. He's a terrible skater and an even worse back skater.