Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Would be great for us to get him and swing a deal for Marleau, giving them other d-men.

Ha ha, yeah right. Turn off your NHL 07 while at work, Ecklund.

I think I'll call Ecklund and tell him I'm (mumble mumble) who is the special (harrumph harrumph) to the GM and tell him the most insane rumours, just to see if he'll print them. I'll do the same thing for every team until he catches on.

The Brisebois signing has me wondering if BOb is going to trade. If this particular rumour is true and we get Linden then I'll be that much more suspicious.

Thank god Linden signed with Vancouver. I definitely did not want him back!!!

The Brisebois signing has me wondering if BOb is going to trade. If this particular rumour is true and we get Linden then I'll be that much more suspicious.

good thing it didn't happen

that would have gave me second thoughts on buying tickets this year.

Gainey should push hard for Marleau now that Michalek has been signed. I don't think the sharks can afford him.

At the end of the 07/08 season the Sharks have (as of now mind you) 9 players signed for 08/09 already eating up $29.333M

(Depending on the cap at the time) they have just over $20M to sign 13 players for a 22 man roster or if Marleau is resigned to say $6M, then they have $13M for 12 players.

The problem lies in the players that are UFA/RFA's.

Erhoff, Carle, Clowe, Pavelski, Goc, Bernier and a backup goalie all need new deals and a few will be getting decent raises by then (Carle, Bernier possibly Erhoff) and $12M won't do it.

Still, Even with all the listed RFA's resigned they still only have 16 players for the roster. (17 with Marleau)

Does it leave room for Marleau or do the sharks continue to duplicate what the lightning have done and spend the majority of their payroll on "The Big Three" and fill in with role players?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=9149

Eklund strikes again. Gainey still after Marleau and he sort of makes it sound like we will get him within 3 weeks. Gainey also talking to Devil's and Selanne is on the radar apparently.

Oh brother Ek.

Sorry guys but someone would have posted it I guess.

Also;

http://www.fanatique.ca/article/lnh/1121/la-lnh-en-bref.html

Gainey offers Lindros a tryout??? :blink:

English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=9149

Eklund strikes again. Gainey still after Marleau and he sort of makes it sound like we will get him within 3 weeks. Gainey also talking to Devil's and Selanne is on the radar apparently.

Oh brother Ek.

Sorry guys but someone would have posted it I guess.

Also;

http://www.fanatique.ca/article/lnh/1121/la-lnh-en-bref.html

Gainey offers Lindros a tryout??? :blink:

English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

Wow

How the mighty have fallen

Of course we're interested in him. Doesn't mean we have a realistic shot at getting him - atleast not for what we're interested in giving.

One thing is for sure is that there is 6 lest defensemen with NJ and one righty.

They probably see a move to balance that but it would be more in getting rid

of Matvichuk and getting a right handed defenseman in exchange.

We don't have anybody that fits that except Dandenault, Matvichuk for Dandenault.

We add size and grit and we lose puck in the stands.

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Let's pull a Celtics and go for Marleau big-time.

We're talking a guy who has proven he can get it done versus a bunch of kids who might be good one day. The right balance in the trade will turn us from cusp-playoff team to contenders.

Hell, the C's spent years 'developing' and going nowhere. I know the dynamics of the leagues are totally different, but the principle is the same. The C's have the buzz back, have the swagger; they took a huge gamble that might pay off in a Championship/Finals trip. as opposed to hoping the team makes the playoffs; hoping the better vets bide their time; hoping hoping hoping...

Go on Bob, do SP proud. Maybe better winners like Marleau will add to the lustre of the team for other FA's, players.

Let's pull a Celtics and go for Marleau big-time.

We're talking a guy who has proven he can get it done versus a bunch of kids who might be good one day. The right balance in the trade will turn us from cusp-playoff team to contenders.

Hell, the C's spent years 'developing' and going nowhere. I know the dynamics of the leagues are totally different, but the principle is the same. The C's have the buzz back, have the swagger; they took a huge gamble that might pay off in a Championship/Finals trip. as opposed to hoping the team makes the playoffs; hoping the better vets bide their time; hoping hoping hoping...

Go on Bob, do SP proud. Maybe better winners like Marleau will add to the lustre of the team for other FA's, players.

As much as I like Marleau... i wouldnt trade the farm to get a guy whos only got a year left on his contract... however it would be a different story if he were signed long term first.

:hlogo:

We make that part of the deal, of course. I wouldn't do it either without an extension.

Get him locked up long-term, and go for it.

It was a lot more difficult in terms of salary and contracts for the Celtics to go out and get Allen and Garnett. Go Bob go!

Edited by tokyohabs

As much as I like Marleau... i wouldnt trade the farm to get a guy whos only got a year left on his contract... however it would be a different story if he were signed long term first.

The Habs would not have to "trade the farm" to get Marleau...they have so much depth in their system they can afford to deal a couple of good prospects, picks and a player.

For example: If the Habs dealt Ryder, 2 prospects and a future 1st round pick they would still have one of the deepest systems in the league...not saying I like that deal necessarily...just saying that they could lose 2 of their top 5-6 prospects, a good young player AND a future 1st rounder and they would still probably have a top 5 farm system, certainly top 10 still.

The Habs would not have to "trade the farm" to get Marleau...they have so much depth in their system they can afford to deal a couple of good prospects, picks and a player.

For example: If the Habs dealt Ryder, 2 prospects and a future 1st round pick they would still have one of the deepest systems in the league...not saying I like that deal necessarily...just saying that they could lose 2 of their top 5-6 prospects, a good young player AND a future 1st rounder and they would still probably have a top 5 farm system, certainly top 10 still.

trading for marleau would make lots of sense if we had a LEGIT chance to win the cup. but we don't. I think we should redo the defense first.

If we had a true offense star in the system I would agree but as long as we don't I say don't touch the system.

Edited by marky_and_komi

trading for marleau would make lots of sense if we had a LEGIT chance to win the cup. but we don't. I think we should redo the defense first.

If we had a true offense star in the system I would agree but as long as we don't I say don't touch the system.

For the record I am not someone in disguise...I've probably been posting here longer then most.

As for the quality of my post...I'll stand behind it. I have no idea why it triple posted.

If the Habs don't have a true offensive star in their system then don't you think they should acquire one or two?

This team is not so far off...they could compete at a high level and contend with only a couple of high level additions. Marleau wouldn't be enough but he'd be a big step in the right direction IMHO.

I honestly believe the Habs would be a legit contender with 1 true offensive star, 1 more top tier d-man and then they would just need a couple of the young guys to play at the level they can(ie. Higgins, Pleks, Kosty, Lats, Komisarek, etc). I think Higgins, Pleks and Kosty are going to have break-out years. Higgins and Pleks are most of the way there anyhow. Throw in Koivu, Kovalev and a guy like Marleau and you have a nice balanced offense. One more guy who is as good as Markov would give the team an excellent top 4 on D that can move the puck in transition. That's all they need to be a top 4 seed in the conference.