Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I heard recently that Brian Wilde (sp?), the guy from cfcf12, said that at the beginning of the season, we had a chance to get Hossa for Halak, Streit, and A.Kostitsyn.

Thank god we didn't pull that off!

I heard recently that Brian Wilde (sp?), the guy from cfcf12, said that at the beginning of the season, we had a chance to get Hossa for Halak, Streit, and A.Kostitsyn.

Thank god we didn't pull that off!

kostitsyn himself could end up being as good if not better then hossa.

kostitsyn himself could end up being as good if not better then hossa.

Easy...he's got a long way to go to becoming a player of Hossa's caliber.

Easy...he's got a long way to go to becoming a player of Hossa's caliber.

he's not there yet but numbers show that he could be as good in a couple of year for far less money.

Éric chouinard instead of scott gomez and simon gagné .

yup, there was some bad lobbying during that draft, cause the scouting team was very good...

we picked Ribs in the 2nd and Markov and Ryder later...

So the teams scout weren't at fault... but "someone" (Guy Chouinard?) convinced Fhoule to draft Éric.

Ward and Higgins are bad picks... but they were "understandable" at that time...

Chouinard is beyond comprehension. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knew that Gagne was the better player.

yup, there was some bad lobbying during that draft, cause the scouting team was very good...

So the teams scout weren't at fault... but "someone" (Guy Chouinard?) convinced Fhoule to draft Éric.

Ward and Higgins are bad picks... but they were "understandable" at that time...

Chouinard is beyond comprehension. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knew that Gagne was the better player.

to quote Houle at the time: "Éric est un beau joueur qui vient d'une bonne famille de hockey !!"

eric is a beautyful players that comes froma great hockey family.

I'm srill crying over this one !!

Have you guys been on Eklunds site lately. That doofis now has some season ticket thing going on for 20.0 dollars. It gets you the inside scoop on all trade rumors. Seriously. What moron would bite on that? What a joke. One thing I do hope he's not joking on though is Montreal moving in as front runners on the Jokinen trade. That would put us in as favorites to win the cup.

Have you guys been on Eklunds site lately. That doofis now has some season ticket thing going on for 20.0 dollars. It gets you the inside scoop on all trade rumors. Seriously. What moron would bite on that? What a joke. One thing I do hope he's not joking on though is Montreal moving in as front runners on the Jokinen trade. That would put us in as favorites to win the cup.

Habs wont get Jokinen.

First you call us a bunch of losers cause we sound like Eklund, then you go on his website!?!? Nice! Very nice!

First you call us a bunch of losers cause we sound like Eklund, then you go on his website!?!? Nice! Very nice!

I also come to this website and talk to you. LOL

If you read correctly I am calling Eklund a loser, and I never called you a loser, just that you sound like one. LOL

8. Nashville trades winger J.P. Dumont - a UFA July 1 - to Montreal for a second-round pick in 2009 and rookie centre Kyle Chipchura. Unless Dumont signs before Feb. 26 he'll likely be dealt. The surprising Habs can use a top-six forward and native son Dumont fits the bill.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/01/30/lebrun_deals/

don't get me started on draft mistakes : Turner Stevenson instead of Keith Tkatchuk !!!!

8. Nashville trades winger J.P. Dumont - a UFA July 1 - to Montreal for a second-round pick in 2009 and rookie centre Kyle Chipchura. Unless Dumont signs before Feb. 26 he'll likely be dealt. The surprising Habs can use a top-six forward and native son Dumont fits the bill.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/01/30/lebrun_deals/

I don't think Dumont's going anywhere. In today's or yesterday's paper here in Nashville there was a huge article with Arnott. He was blowing Dumont and Radulov the entire article. Basically, saying management needs to realize how important they're friendship, on and off the ice is to the team and he hopes they get a deal done soon to keep Dumont in Nashville.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen but hey. Besides didn't Dumont choose not to sign with us a few years ago?

I don't think Dumont's going anywhere. In today's or yesterday's paper here in Nashville there was a huge article with Arnott. He was blowing Dumont and Radulov the entire article. Basically, saying management needs to realize how important they're friendship, on and off the ice is to the team and he hopes they get a deal done soon to keep Dumont in Nashville.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen but hey. Besides didn't Dumont choose not to sign with us a few years ago?

Other way around, we had signed Samsonov and didn't have room for him. At least, that's how I remember it.

Spectors site.......Forsberg has untill 6:00 p.m to decide

AFTONBLADET: reports Forsberg has turned down MoDo and won't play in the Swedish Elite League this season.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Hat tip to 'daniel' for the Aftonbladet link. I'm waiting for further confirmation but it appears Forsberg wants to return with an NHL team this season.

I'm not really sure I'm a 100% on Gainey going after Forsberg. Only because I don't feel he really helped Nashville in last year's situation.

Would Forsberg do a 1 year deal? Like Selanne in Anaheim or would he want a longer contract that could potentially screw us with his bum ankle. If he is truly healtthy and feeling good, I could be swayed. If he stinks up the molson centre, it's not like Carbo would have to put him on the ice. We wouldn't lose anyone in the process, and I could see him wanting to come here now considering the Habs potential.

Does Forsberg ever switch from centre to wing or is he just a straight up centre?