Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Not really a rumor, but Tender lost 10 pounds, take power skating cours in several occasions this summer with Valentenko, his brother Olivier and Cody Hodgson (Vancouver last first pick). According to RDS, his skating looks more fluid than ever and he looks faster also.

If by this you mean he doesn't look like a floundering fish on skates, then good. I would never have called Tender fluid. That is an insult of the highest degree to fluid skaters like Paul Coffey. Tender's skating would be described better as: 'herky-jerky-zombie-like.' A more fluid Tender would probably be akin to: 'Jason Ward-ish.'

Edited by Colin

I still don't think this means the end of Sundin. Mainly because what other team in the NHL has a better chance? We are still one of his most likely destinations by default. By midseason, an injury or two might happen and we might find ourselves in need again.

If he decides to come back at all, we'll have to be considered one of his most likely choices. The only other options are the Rangers and the Canucks and I see the charm of the Canucks wearing off by midseason.

Carter is not going to be dealt by Philly for Valentenko/Carle this year or next year barring a HUGE breakthrough year by one

of those two. To get Carter you are going to have to deal McDonagh + something else good. If you are going to ask for elite young

SIGNED talent you are going to have to pay out your nose.

Carter is signed for 5M for the next 3 years. Barring the return to the NHL by Mike Milbury or Rejean Houle in Philly nobody will be acquiring him

for anything less than equal value for the next 2 years.

Carter wasn't my example. What we should be looking at now is a prospect C with the same potential as Carter, not the guy himself. I still see enough time to get him through the draft before we desperately need him.

If by this you mean he doesn't look like a floundering fish on skates, then good. I would never have called Tender fluid. That is an insult of the highest degree to fluid skaters like Paul Coffey. Tender's skating would be described better as: 'herky-jerky-zombie-like.' A more fluid Tender would probably be akin to: 'Jason Ward-ish.'

Ok ok, I take it back and replace it with "Tender's skating looks more fluid than last year", according to media who saw him skate recently.

Ok ok, I take it back and replace it with "Tender's skating looks more fluid than last year", according to media who saw him skate recently.

Heh. One would hope so. Perhaps even sharpening his skates would be beneficial. Not to take anything from his potential, but he'd be much improved if his skating was better.

I still don't think this means the end of Sundin. Mainly because what other team in the NHL has a better chance? We are still one of his most likely destinations by default. By midseason, an injury or two might happen and we might find ourselves in need again.

If he decides to come back at all, we'll have to be considered one of his most likely choices. The only other options are the Rangers and the Canucks and I see the charm of the Canucks wearing off by midseason.

He'll go to the Rangers in December.

He'll go to the Rangers in December.

Seems just as unlikely given their cap situation and the salaries of their top 2 centers. But if even if we are the runners up at this point, that still puts us ahead of 28 other teams and makes us one of the frontrunners by default.

Carter wasn't my example. What we should be looking at now is a prospect C with the same potential as Carter, not the guy himself. I still see enough time to get him through the draft before we desperately need him.

Just using the example of Carter that had been put forth in my example and the thread discussion from earlier started by Cerebus.

I don't understand how we are most likely to get Sundin 'by default'. The longer he waits to decide, more teams will become options because the cap hit will be less.

I don't understand how we are most likely to get Sundin 'by default'. The longer he waits to decide, more teams will become options because the cap hit will be less.

You have to assume he'd only come back to play for a Cup contender so that rules out two thirds of the league right there. Then you could assume that Montreal, New York and Detroit will be the three teams he'd be most interested in going to - all of them have moved on (New York - Naslund, Montreal - Lang, Detroit - Hossa) and are a bit short on cash. Afterwards, there's Vancouver who has the cap space but may or may not be playing well enough to seriously interest him.

As the season wears on, more teams will join the sweepstakes, but once again we're dealing strictly with the contenders which leaves Pittsburgh (they already have have Crosby, Malkin, Staal), Anaheim (no cap room), San Jose (already strong at centre depending on Marleau's play but pretty little cap space) and Dallas (they already have Modano, Richards and Ribeiro, they need him less than we do).

The Rangers might be slight favourites but is there any one team that has a chance of signing him greater than say, 25%? It's as wide open as it's ever been but we've still gotta be up there with the Rangers and the other top suitors. So my conclusion is that we are still very much a possibility.

There was a rumor around Montreal and some people jumped on the news, it's concerning

Price.

I just wonder if there if somebody else has heard or has the feeling that it might be true.

It's does not just happen in football. Hope that Price is no Vicks.

Have to wonder how a kid could be so cool, while having some flashes of greatness but kind of

mind holes seem to happen from time to time. While the kid is overweight for a goalie, his roomates

Chipchura gets thrown out the team during the season.

That being said Carey is back at the camp with some pounds odd his body saying he quit on the late

night snacks, which is usually happen when you inhale some coolness.

I hope this is just BS but on a rumor thread i think this as it's place as much as BS trade.

There was a rumor around Montreal and some people jumped on the news, it's concerning

Price.

I just wonder if there if somebody else has heard or has the feeling that it might be true.

It's does not just happen in football. Hope that Price is no Vicks.

Have to wonder how a kid could be so cool, while having some flashes of greatness but kind of

mind holes seem to happen from time to time. While the kid is overweight for a goalie, his roomates

Chipchura gets thrown out the team during the season.

That being said Carey is back at the camp with some pounds odd his body saying he quit on the late

night snacks, which is usually happen when you inhale some coolness.

I hope this is just BS but on a rumor thread i think this as it's place as much as BS trade.

I don't smoke pot and I am prone to complete mind blanks, and frequent Mac's in between 9 PM and midnight as well.

The evidence you put forth is all circumstantial and doesn't pass any tests for me.

Is it against any NHL rules? e.g. is it on the list of banned performance-enhancing substances? That would be the only reason why I'd care but I'm sure other players do to and that many of the ones who don't stopped for their careers.

I'm not looking to start any rumours, but I've spoken to someone who claims that Jason Spezza and Ray Emery enjoyed.. you know... sniff sniff.

I don't know about Spezza but I have seen Emery do coke and Redden ON coke.

ditto guy lafleur at one point in his life. not a biggy if you ask me.

its a rich folks drug.

True, then again, LaFleur used to smoke a cigarette in between periods! This guy was a machine!

True, then again, LaFleur used to smoke a cigarette in between periods! This guy was a machine!

and mario lemieux.

smoking makes you good, people !!

:huh:

its a rich folks drug.

Not anymore. I know tons of people who do coke, and none of them are rich. I don't understand the fascination, but I suppose that's a good thing.

If Price were smoking pot, it's the easiest drug to quit, except for the fact that it makes you a bit lazy. I don't think Price is lazy, though.

Not anymore. I know tons of people who do coke, and none of them are rich. I don't understand the fascination, but I suppose that's a good thing.

If Price were smoking pot, it's the easiest drug to quit, except for the fact that it makes you a bit lazy. I don't think Price is lazy, though.

what I meant by my comment is that coke is more affordable to rich folks. I know alot of non rich people that do some.

for having tried it once I know its fun but not enough to be hooked up.

if you see price laugh after a goal or hide twinkies in his blocker, something is wrong :lol:

To quote Robin Williams, "Cocaine is God's way of telling you you are making too much money" :D

With regard to pot being the easiest to quit, you're right in a way. There is little to no physical withdrawal from the substance, but the psychological dependency can take a lot longer than some people give it credit. Furthermore, it can wreak havoc with your sleeping patterns if you've chronically used it as a sleep aid.

Just for the record, I don't think Carey smokes pot.

To quote Robin Williams, "Cocaine is God's way of telling you you are making too much money" :D

With regard to pot being the easiest to quit, you're right in a way. There is little to no physical withdrawal from the substance, but the psychological dependency can take a lot longer than some people give it credit. Furthermore, it can wreak havoc with your sleeping patterns if you've chronically used it as a sleep aid.

Just for the record, I don't think Carey smokes pot.

I'm pretty sure you are quoting Frank Zappa