Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Not anymore. I know tons of people who do coke, and none of them are rich. I don't understand the fascination, but I suppose that's a good thing.

If Price were smoking pot, it's the easiest drug to quit, except for the fact that it makes you a bit lazy. I don't think Price is lazy, though.

It's not fascination, it's physiologic addiction. Just like cigarets.

It's not fascination, it's physiologic addiction. Just like cigarets.

I meant with trying it out to begin with. I guess because famous people snort that it has some glamour value associated with it? I don't know.

I meant with trying it out to begin with. I guess because famous people snort that it has some glamour value associated with it? I don't know.

I think people try it because 1) they want to hang with the cool kids and 2) the cool kids tell them its a ton of fun. The addiction risk is relatively high compared to other drugs, but the great majority of people who try coke do not become addicted.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who doesn't know anyone who does drugs. I know two people who have tried pot, but none who have done any sort of drug since then.

Your friends may not...but I can guarantee you probably know someone who does something, you just don't realise it. There are a lot of functioning addicts out there...

I've been shocked on a few occasions by people who I never would have thought were doing hardcore drugs...just as I've been surprised that some people I thought must have been pot-heads, at the least, were completely clean.

The number of people who smoke pot from time to time is probably a lot higher then people think. Hell, if your parents were teenagers in the 70's it's almost assured they used it more then a couple times. I know friends of mine who've got parents that have actually gone back to smoking pot after stopping when they had kids...now that the kids are grown up they're smoking up again. lol

Your friends may not...but I can guarantee you probably know someone who does something, you just don't realise it. There are a lot of functioning addicts out there...

I've been shocked on a few occasions by people who I never would have thought were doing hardcore drugs...just as I've been surprised that some people I thought must have been pot-heads, at the least, were completely clean.

The number of people who smoke pot from time to time is probably a lot higher then people think. Hell, if your parents were teenagers in the 70's it's almost assured they used it more then a couple times. I know friends of mine who've got parents that have actually gone back to smoking pot after stopping when they had kids...now that the kids are grown up they're smoking up again. lol

I don't know anybody who has not tried drugs at least once. But I live in Toronto and Leaf fans need to cope somehow

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=250493&amp...os=secStory_nhl

Early trade deadline banter. Ohlund would look mighty good in the CH if he became available as a rental, IMO. A very good two way blueliner, the kind that the Habs seem to be looking to draft and sign (Hamrlik, McDonagh, Fischer, etc.). He'd cost a pretty penny, but come February, he's the type of player I'd be targeting.

I think we're more likely to get him as a rental than to sign him in the offseason. We can't be looking to sign long-term D, we have too many guys ready to grab those spots.

I don't know anybody who has not tried drugs at least once. But I live in Toronto and Leaf fans need to cope somehow

Anyways, it's not like thre's anything wrong with a little joint once in a while! :clap:

Anyways, it's not like thre's anything wrong with a little joint once in a while! :clap:

Ever tried to watch a Hot Shot / Naked Gun / Mel Brooks movie on pot ?? 3X more laughing, and I mean every little joke seems the best ever !

Ever tried to watch a Hot Shot / Naked Gun / Mel Brooks movie on pot ?? 3X more laughing, and I mean every little joke seems the best ever !

NO but Elvis Gratton(the Original) is even better when you're high!

Asterix et Cléopatre !!

and there's even a song that gives you the munchies !!

So the permanent rumour thread has become a drug thread? What?

And Fanpuck, you should probably be glad you don't know people that use drugs...

Malkin and Crosby arrived at Stockholm yesterday. So it all starts soon!

Asterix et Cléopatre !!

and there's even a song that gives you the munchies !!

...Quand l'apétit va, tout va. Quand l'apétit va, tout va! :clap:

More and more rumours about O'Byrne being moved.

I would not say no for a O'Byrne + 2nd pick + Dandenault + a prospect for a top 4 dman + something else...

More and more rumours about O'Byrne being moved.

I would not say no for a O'Byrne + 2nd pick + Dandenault + a prospect for a top 4 dman + something else...

Are you serious!? :blink:

Which top 4 dman are we talking bout?

That would be a huge move, as I think that's our only position that can/needs to be upgraded.

Edited by MMPL

where do you get that from?

look at my previous post, link is in french.

Which top 4 dman are we talking bout?

That would be a huge move, as I think that's our only position that can/needs to be upgraded.

I was simply stating a true rumour about O'Byrne, but the rest of the "trade proposal" comes from me.

As much as I'd like to get rid of Dandy's contract, I think O'Byrne will be that #4 D that we seek very soon. Is such a lateral move rational, especially with Ryan's size and potential upside?