Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

ok, it's boring. trade now GMs!

Do it!

DO IT!

No kidding !! I really though the Schneider trade would start it all but only Ottawa and the Isle did something.

I here you man ... !

Go Bob Go !

So how many people actually thinks Bon will pull a major trade ? How many think that it could be Vinny for real ?

:hlogo:

Look for draft day for it to happend...if it happends.

2 fictive scenarios

a -Kovalev to edmonton for Cole : yes or no?

b -Kovalev to edmonton or where-ever-else for a 1st, then Smyth to Habs for a 1st + a prospect, let's say Kyle Chipchura. yes or no?

A= :puke:

B: I like the 1st part but no way for smyth. he's aging and expensive

Cole is fine if they can re sign him. Otherwise the habs are loaded at wing, they need centers.

Any 1st or even a second would be nice for Kovalev.

I have a feeling for better or worse this is the team BG is going to live and die with this year.

Next year is a different story with all the cap space and young players.

A= :puke:

B: I like the 1st part but no way for smyth. he's aging and expensive

yes... but we need vets.

saw what the addition of Schneider did?

what did the following teams

Canes (Brindamour, Recchi, Weight, Hedican, Wesley), Stars (Carbo, Skrudland, Keane, Muller, etc), Avs (Roy, Bourque, Sakic, Foote, Blake), etc etc etc.

all have in common?

They are filled with character vets and won a cup.

We've got lots of talent... but not so much character and not so many character vets.

Schneider isn't even reknowned to be a character player.. but he has always been consistent and knows his shit. his vet status, his experience totally stabilised us and greatly improved a shaky team.

a guy like Smyth could totally transform this team.

Unless Smyth can play on defense, clear the zone, and block about 20 shots his leadership won't help much.

Where is all this talent you speak of? The habs leading goal scorer has 22. Markov is like minus 15 since the all star break, offensiively he is talented but his D game has really suffered.

Please don't say Kovalev, Lapierre has almost as mony goals with half the ice time.

Unless Smyth can play on defense, clear the zone, and block about 20 shots his leadership won't help much.

Where is all this talent you speak of? The habs leading goal scorer has 22. Markov is like minus 15 since the all star break, offensiively he is talented but his D game has really suffered.

Please don't say Kovalev, Lapierre has almost as mony goals with half the ice time.

talent doesn't mean result

talent + character = result

a guy like Smyth might whip some guys like Plekanec who tend to fall asleep at the wheel.

talent doesn't mean result

talent + character = result

a guy like Smyth might whip some guys like Plekanec who tend to fall asleep at the wheel.

you forgot on ingredient: Game plan and THAT we dont have.

2 fictive scenarios

a -Kovalev to edmonton for Cole : yes or no?

b -Kovalev to edmonton or where-ever-else for a 1st, then Smyth to Habs for a 1st + a prospect, let's say Kyle Chipchura. yes or no?

A. NOOOOO!!! a terrible trade

B. Are u out of your freakin mind? That kind of overpayment for an aging veteran is Reggie Houle management not BG

BTW Kovy for a first might not be bad if he doesnt make a comeback to last season form as I have already predicted. However, he is, potentially, worth more to the Habs than most teams would want to give up

yes... but we need vets.

saw what the addition of Schneider did?

what did the following teams

Canes (Brindamour, Recchi, Weight, Hedican, Wesley), Stars (Carbo, Skrudland, Keane, Muller, etc), Avs (Roy, Bourque, Sakic, Foote, Blake), etc etc etc.

all have in common?

They are filled with character vets and won a cup.

We've got lots of talent... but not so much character and not so many character vets.

Schneider isn't even reknowned to be a character player.. but he has always been consistent and knows his shit. his vet status, his experience totally stabilised us and greatly improved a shaky team.

a guy like Smyth could totally transform this team.

Schneider's ability to move the puck and shoot it on the PP stabilized oor PP which helped get some W's

One word on Bégin. Since he has not been on the ice again yesterday there was a report on

CKAC that he had a meeting with Gainey. And that he was even more depressed after the meeting.

This would lead to two things.

One they want to want to keep him for depth.

Two, they told him he has been offered to every other team and no one is interested yet.

One thing is sure is that he is way down in Carbonneau plans after Stewart, Chipchura, Laraque and any other defensemen

that he could bring as a forward.

Speaking of Laraque he could be gone too next week in my opinion. His reputation could still attract someone, a low draft pick

would be accepted.

Having two players unhappy and complaining is not necessary what i call depth.

If Gainey needs to clear some cap room to bring in another body, Begin and Laraque would fit the bill.

I still love Begin for his willingness to put it all out on the ice to help his team win though. Just not sure that he has the legs for it with a guy like Stewart impressing the coaches with his speed and grit.

Me, I'd keep Begin around. Come the playoffs, veteran blood-and-guts guys like him have a habit of really being useful. And I don't think we should go all ga-ga over Stewart just yet. Most young guys look excellent in their first few games. Talk to me in 20, 30 games and see if he's still performing at that level. Hence, keep Begin as depth. He can get a fresh start next season (if anyone wants him - and they should, he is a useful veteran 4th liner).

A shame that Laraque feels entitled to a roster spot instead of patiently bearing down and making himself the coaches' go-to option on the fourth line. I would be surprised if Gainey puts up with his unacceptable public bitching at the worst possible moment, so he may well be gone in short order (remember Grabovski? ^_^ )

just like he did with Colorado ??

Between injuries and mismanagement, you can hardly put Colorado's misfortunes on Smyth. We've played the last 2 seasons with, essentially, a farm team. Theres also no big shot on the point so Smyth's garbage goal abilities are being wasted. That said, Colorado doesn't need a rebuild as much as they just need to re-tool so Smyth is going to cost a lot. I won't be surprised if the front office gets an overhaul in the off-season.

I laughed at Chipchura + 1st. Thats not even close to what he'll cost so if thats too much for Habs fans, back out now. Especially since he's been on fire lately. Smyth also has an NTC that he is apparently unwilling to waive.

If you're looking for leadership for the playoffs though, Laperierre is supposedly on the block and would come cheaper while giving you the same heart and soul. It's expected he'd just sign back in Colorado during the off-season though.

Smitty would at least cost Higgins, Chipchura 1st in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010

if Gainey trades his 1st rounder we'll be drafting only in the 3rd round in a draft thats held in montreal...

Me, I'd keep Begin around. Come the playoffs, veteran blood-and-guts guys like him have a habit of really being useful. And I don't think we should go all ga-ga over Stewart just yet. Most young guys look excellent in their first few games. Talk to me in 20, 30 games and see if he's still performing at that level. Hence, keep Begin as depth. He can get a fresh start next season (if anyone wants him - and they should, he is a useful veteran 4th liner).

A shame that Laraque feels entitled to a roster spot instead of patiently bearing down and making himself the coaches' go-to option on the fourth line. I would be surprised if Gainey puts up with his unacceptable public bitching at the worst possible moment, so he may well be gone in short order (remember Grabovski? ^_^ )

If Begin wants out, let him out. That's my thought process. He's the 2nd reserve right now at forward, and there are 2 more that should come back before the end of the year that are ahead of him. Not to mention Sergei K down in Hamilton as well, and even Alex Henry as a guy way down the list. The PK is humming along right now without him which used to be Bégin's biggest asset as a 4th liner.

Begin needs to prove he can still play in the NHL to get a contract offer this offseason, and if there's a team that thinks they could use him down the stretch than I think it's a good idea to move him. It's doing a good service for the player without losing a lot to your own team's playoff run.

I look at D'Agostini right now as holding a spot for Tanguay, and I look at Stewart as holding a spot for Latendresse. Ideally, those guys are players we rotate into the lineup depending on need down the stretch, along with Laraque (and shifting Dandy in to D if need be). Begin just isn't part of the picture. He's served us well for nearly 6 years... which is remarkable for a depth guy when you think of it.

That's an awful lot to ask for Smyth. YOu may be right BUT, BG would have to have lost his mind to make that trade. Funny that some comentators are saying that the Avs will basically give Smyth away to get out from under his contract?

You could drop the 2nd and probably change Chipchura to Halak but that would be in the ballpark. Giguere is supposedly listening but the offer has to knock his socks off before he considers asking Smyth to waive his NTC. You have to remember, you're trying to trade for easily our best player right now. That won't be cheap.

That's an awful lot to ask for Smyth. YOu may be right BUT, BG would have to have lost his mind to make that trade. Funny that some comentators are saying that the Avs will basically give Smyth away to get out from under his contract?

We're still trying to figure out why the hell we need to cut cap space. We've got about 5 mil in cap room but half the team seems to be on the block. All with the same "Colorado needs to cut cap space"

Clearing out guys like Salei or Clark make that much easier then trying to trade a guy like Smyth. I haven't talked to many fans that want to trade Smyth so doing so is going to alienate the fan base, I don't know if Giguere wants to risk that since people aren't coming to game as it is (the same goes for Lappy and Duke who is apparently telling teams he will not waive his NTC so don't bother)

You could drop the 2nd and probably change Chipchura to Halak but that would be in the ballpark. Giguere is supposedly listening but the offer has to knock his socks off before he considers asking Smyth to waive his NTC. You have to remember, you're trying to trade for easily our best player right now. That won't be cheap.

HAH! Halak has way more value than Chipchura. Smyth is NOT an elite player worthy of all of those players.

That is all