Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Also, IMO, take it for what it's worth, and despite his recent problems, Higgins, because of his age, salary, overall talent, potential for leadership, etc...

is worth a lot.

IMO he's the "Iginla" in the Iginla for Nieuwendyk trade.

If he's traded, it'd be straight up for Smyth... (I'm in no way comparing iggy to higgins... nor is smyth in a anyway comparable to Nieuwendyk who was maybe the best power center ever. besides bobby smith, but that's just because bobby smith was a habs :P)

I know in fantasy, Jets package would make sense... However, in reality, an established young vet with a potential of 50+ pts and of 20+ goals, with two way sense, etc, etc. Cheap to top it all?! If he was on the market, you can't believe what we'd be able to land in term of older expensive vets.

The habs have way too many slow, older vets who are past there prime and currently aren't producing. Why would this team need Smyth? They aren't even close to a cup run, they may not even make the playoffs.

Is trading picks and young players worth Smyth just to possibly get in the playoffs. I don't think so.

The habs should be selling some stuff, not buying.

The habs have way too many slow, older vets who are past there prime and currently aren't producing. Why would this team need Smyth? They aren't even close to a cup run, they may not even make the playoffs.

Is trading picks and young players worth Smyth just to possibly get in the playoffs. I don't think so.

The habs should be selling some stuff, not buying.

what habs are you talking about?

:blink:

I mean, I could really well see a line of Tanguay Koivu Smyth

or Higgins Plekanec Smyth

etc.

(I'm not forgeting kost and kov, I've just made up two lines I'd see with Smyth in)

He'd fit way better than Cole... IMO, if Bob wants Cole... he'd be better off getting Ian Laperriere... we'd pay way less and it'd be clear that he's a 3rd liner.

Kovalev, Koivu, Lang, Brisby, Hamrlik, Laraque, Dandy (fast but worthless)

I do lik eand want LAraque in there but the others have all underacieved accept Lang

Lang is not skating at all.

Briser, Hamrlik are dmen... we're talking about forwards..

Remains : Kovalev and Koivu...

They can't be labelled as slow.

They are not the fastest, but far from slow.

Well I think those vets have rendered themselves uselss. Know matter what position they play. Just my opinion.

Bouillon can be added to that list as well.

I just don't think they need more vets for a team that may not make the playoffs.

Well I think those vets have rendered themselves uselss. Know matter what position they play. Just my opinion.

Bouillon can be added to that list as well.

I just don't think they need more vets for a team that may not make the playoffs.

lol, now you're pushing it...

who pissed in your soup? :P

I want a few more wins in a row and some really good performances before I say a playoff spot is secured. But if Gainey actually HAVE an offer for Lecavalier Id almost trade anything on this team to get him. Lecavalier for 6-7 years at 7-something million a year is a steal.

Would the Whitney deal now wake some posters up to the realization that their deals are way over the top?

Whitney, as a 26 year old, highly successful, d-man was traded for a 35 point forward and what appears from the stats to be a poorly performing 2nd round pick.

Now, what did people want to trade for Smyth, Bouwmeester, etc???

Would the Whitney deal now wake some posters up to the realization that their deals are way over the top?

Whitney, as a 26 year old, highly successful, d-man was traded for a 35 point forward and what appears from the stats to be a poorly performing 2nd round pick.

Now, what did people want to trade for Smyth, Bouwmeester, etc???

Ryder + 2nd

:lol:

I'm less certain in Price than I think the Devils are in Brodeur. Also I'm not so sure they'd trade clemmensen.

lets say a team like buffalo pops a 1st rounder, he's gone !!

Jim Dowd :wacko: ??

I liked Jim Dowd. I remember after Gainey traded for him, Dowd ended the regular season with more points or an equal amount of points in a Habs uniform as Kovalev. Then playoffs hit and Kovalev took off, but Dowd still proved useful.

I liked Jim Dowd. I remember after Gainey traded for him, Dowd ended the regular season with more points or an equal amount of points in a Habs uniform as Kovalev. Then playoffs hit and Kovalev took off, but Dowd still proved useful.

Haha, ya I remember Jim Dudd.

I was kinda surprised we didn't re-sign him. he was actually quite good in his role.

Metropolit is out there, May be an ok 4th line centre.Pretty gritty, kills penalties, wins faceoffs.

I think he is on re entry waivers, I have no idea about his contract, but if would only cost 1 mill he may be worth a look.

Winning faceoffs has been a huge issue for the habs. (except Vancouver game)

Metropolit is out there, May be an ok 4th line centre.Pretty gritty, kills penalties, wins faceoffs.

I think he is on re entry waivers, I have no idea about his contract, but if would only cost 1 mill he may be worth a look.

Winning faceoffs has been a huge issue for the habs. (except Vancouver game)

nah nah nah, might as well have kept Begin.

my dream is a guy like jokinen who's now openly available :)

my guess is that the center BG would be after would kick Lapierre down on the 4th line where he fully belongs (I love the guy, but he's in no way a "good" 3rd line center, however, he's the best 4th line center)

a guy like Matthew Lombardi or Stoll (a borderline 2nd line center), best case scenario in that category is Antoine Vermette!

or at worst, Ian Laperriere (more or less = to lapierre, with more experience)

I just hope it's not a guy like Tyler Arnason or another wuss caliber center.

who? time will tell.