Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Because Guerin is a RW. The habs are overloaded on the LW. You have Tanguay, Pacioretty, Lats, Stewart and AK46 playing LW. Your going to have to move someone.

I like Higgins as well, but this year he has been an under achiever as well (injuries obviously helped)

Guerin is a proven playoff performer, tough, gritty and does what it takes to win, including fighting. He immediately toughens the habs up.

What the heck are you talking about? 50 points in 105 career games is a "proven playoff performer"? 3 goals in his last 4 playoff appearances (23 games)? Sure, he has a ring, but in 1995 he only had 3 goals for the Devils (he was young, but it wasn't a breakout performance).

This guy absolutely killed the Sharks two years ago as a rental. That year, he had 28 goals in 61 games before heading to San Jose. He played well down the stretch (8 goals in 16 regular season games) but come playoffs, he disappeared with only 2 assists and no goals in 9 games. He's the exact opposite of a "proven playoff performer".

This year, he's playing worse than he was two years ago as well.

Bill Guerin is the reason GM's get fired.

Komi and Morris play the same side. Plus it may cost you Gorges to get him. The habs need to send a similar money back to anyone they trade with.

What's with all the hate for Guerin, he is exactly what kind of player the habs need.

He plays on the worst team in the league, His stats aren't the best, but he has more goals then Kovalev.

Komi and Morris play the same side. Plus it may cost you Gorges to get him. The habs need to send a similar money back to anyone they trade with.

What's with all the hate for Guerin, he is exactly what kind of player the habs need.

He plays on the worst team in the league, His stats aren't the best, but he has more goals then Kovalev.

he sucked big time for the bruins vs us in the playoffs in 2001-2002...

that was the big joke around how much guerin was a joke and how koivu pumelled Joe...

Zednik was owning them.

your statement is as funny as if you'd propose offering A. Kost for Zednik :)

Schneider had garbage stats when he arrived, it cost the Habs 2 high picks for that 38 year old. He seems to fit right in.

I think Zednick has more goals then any current habs except AK46

Schneider had garbage stats when he arrived, it cost the Habs 2 high picks for that 38 year old. He seems to fit right in.

I think Zednick has more goals then any current habs except AK46

Kyle Welwood has a lot too.

I'd absolutely no problem trading Gorges for Morris.

Priessing was put on waivers by LA yesterday... he could be had for a song. Could be a good PP option for next year, although that's $2.75m that could be spent somewhere else.

But I'm tired of rentals, and I'm not giving up anybody on our current team for one. The deal has to make sense for our team in 2009-10 for me to begin to like it.

Derek Morris ain't going to be a habs in 2009-10. Neither is Bill Guerin. No thank you on both fronts.

Let's please not get Guerin, ok? The guy is spent plain and simple, and if you're getting a forward and a rental at that, it better be a centre. Not nearly worth Higgins, and in my opinion, not a fit for this team either.

On the other hand, a guy like Jokinen IMO is a huge building piece, and this may be just the time to get a player like that at a relatively bargain price for what he brings to the table. That is the type of trade Bob should go for, not another rental on the wrong side of 35. Getting Schneider was fine, because PP needed fixing, but also because of the history and what he potentially brings to the locker room (93' connection, ties to Carbo/Muller, etc.). Remember also that if it didn't work out, he could be hidden on D and used only on the PP, but if you're going to get a guy like Guerin you can't really hide him and his lack of speed WILL hurt you.

Edited by redondo

Guerin as a habs? No thank you! he's a dinosaur! As for Morris...don't want him either!

However i agree with everyone as everything seems to be a whole lot quieter than it usually is around this time of the year!! something big is in the making i presume! I continue to Hear Jokinen is coming to MTL...but who would we have to give up in order to get him is my question?

Edited by l<OV4L3V

I'd absolutely no problem trading Gorges for Morris.

No chance i would trade Gorges for Morris. Josh has been arguably the best Habs d-man this season and is signed for relatively cheap for a few seasons.

No chance i would trade Gorges for Morris. Josh has been arguably the best Habs d-man this season and is signed for relatively cheap for a few seasons.

and morris is far and away from the dman he projected he'd be back when he was in Colorado.

didn't he clear waivers unclaimed last season? (or was it boynton?)

WARNING - TAKEN FROM ANOTHER BOARD. "A POSTER HEARD": Tony Marinaro (Team 990) said that all scouts, pro and amateur were called to Corporate office today to meet with Gainey, so they are definitely looking for something or someone he suspects. Julien Brisebois was there too.

From AC: I know, I know. "Poster heard on radio" is a drag but with news so scarce right now that I thought on this occasion I would post it.

Also, from TFP:

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl090302.html

"The Canadiens sent forward Kyle Chipchura to Hamilton of the AHL on Tuesday. Chipchura's demotion is to make room for Alex Tanguay. Doctor cleared Tanguay to play but he won't return until Friday in Atlanta." TSN Ice Chips.................

But the best line goes to Carbo [also from TSN's Ice Chip's]; Halak missed his second day of practice Tuesday due to the flu. The team has been keeping him quarantined and if he's still contagious, head coach Guy Carbonneau said he'll sit up front on the charter with the media.

But the best line goes to Carbo [also from TSN's Ice Chip's]; Halak missed his second day of practice Tuesday due to the flu. The team has been keeping him quarantined and if he's still contagious, head coach Guy Carbonneau said he'll sit up front on the charter with the media.

Haha, I loved that also. Other reports are showing that he isn't even making the trip to Buffalo, Denis will back up Price.

Interesting thing to note: Higgins was not listed in the practice lines, nor was he listed as missing from practice. Could they be sitting on a trade? Probably just an oversight, but you never know.

Interesting thing to note: Higgins was not listed in the practice lines, nor was he listed as missing from practice. Could they be sitting on a trade? Probably just an oversight, but you never know.

Higgins who?

Yeah, that won't happen. If I'm remembering correctly, I think he's tied with Tom the Bomb in goals on one of the top offensive teams of the league.

5.5 mil ant how many seasons left in his contract???

Kaberle, pulled out of the game after two periods. Bob trying to make another move???

<insert dramatic music>

Not unless Bob wants a Dman with a re-injured hand....

Not unless Bob wants a Dman with a re-injured hand....

still better than a healthy hamrlik !!

Yeah, that won't happen. If I'm remembering correctly, I think he's tied with Tom the Bomb in goals on one of the top offensive teams of the league.

Boy, Nylander's numbers really are horrendous. I haven't seen him play this season, but statistically it looks an awful like the 'no gas left in the tank' syndrome. Odds are he's done, so this rumour had better be of the 'wild' variety.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3949624

Lebrun says Habs are out of the Jokinen sweeps, saying they couldn't work a deal that made sense cap wise.

We'll see.

I hope that is not true. Dream trade Higgins, Dandy, Carle and a 2010 first for Joki.