Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Crawford has contacted BG.

BG said to give him some time, many things to be done before hiring a coach.

-rds

Yeah, Crawford and Robinson throwing their hats into the ring it seems. And St Pat saying he'd listen. Making for another high-drama episode of the Habs.

Yeah, Crawford and Robinson throwing their hats into the ring it seems. And St Pat saying he'd listen. Making for another high-drama episode of the Habs.

don't forget bob hartley.

well, actually, that's all good. I mean, those guys are all decent!

Crawford has contacted BG.

BG said to give him some time, many things to be done before hiring a coach.

-rds

So in other words.... ha ha ha good one Marc, good one!

Out of Crawford, Hartley, Robinson and St-Pat, i'd go for Crawford or Hartley. They are the most experienced and both have won Cups in the past. Added bonus, both speak french.

Robinson would not be able to handle the pressure in Montreal and as much as I love King Patrick, I still think he needs a few more years as a coach at the NHL level. Coaching kids in juniors is one thing, but to coach lazy, primadonna's is a completely different animal!

Edited by Habsfan

Out of Crawford, Hartley, Robinson and St-Pat, i'd go for Crawford or Hartley. They are the most experienced and both have won Cups in the past. Added bonus, both speak french.

Robinson would not be able to handle the pressure in Montreal and as much as I love King Patrick, I still think he needs a few more years as a coach at the NHL level. Coaching kids in juniors is one thing, but to coach lazy, primadonna's is a completely different animal!

Robinson has also won a Cup. Imagine that! 3 bilingual candidates have won Cups (not to mention the darkhorse candidate Lemaire)! Yep, we're really reaching for choices here! :lol:

Eklund (yah i know :P) is reporting that the Habs are trying to aquire Jay Bo's rights, the speculation is that if they can sign him, Markov would be sent to Tampa in a Lecavalier trade.

Interesting if true... but its Eklund so.... yah....

Eklund (yah i know :P) is reporting that the Habs are trying to aquire Jay Bo's rights, the speculation is that if they can sign him, Markov would be sent to Tampa in a Lecavalier trade.

Interesting if true... but its Eklund so.... yah....

yeah right! :rolleyes: There are almost no more trades made in the NHL and we'd not only acquire the best d-man available, but then turn around and acquire one of the top 5 centres in the league in the same deal!? Eklund is an idiot!

Edited by Habsfan

WTF? How would that make sense?

What would make sense is us trading for Bouwmeester's rights (oddly had a dream about that yesterday...Christ maybe I'm Eklund), then dealing the same rights to Komisarek to another team for a ctr, to replace Plex, traded for the Bouwmeester rights.

OK, this is worse than video games now.

Crawford is 'very interested' in coaching us. Stories of learning French when with Quebec, talking to his relatives in French in the summer...good feelings all round.

Still, his running the Kings further into the ground worries me more than holding his own during q&a from Rejan Tremblay.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/274315.html

Crawford is 'very interested' in coaching us. Stories of learning French when with Quebec, talking to his relatives in French in the summer...good feelings all round.

Still, his running the Kings further into the ground worries me more than holding his own during q&a from Rejan Tremblay.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/274315.html

a coach cannot GM the thing. the GM does that. he has to do with the player he's supplied...

In LA, I think he had too much power... I don't think it was the GM's initiative to go out and get Dan Cloutier.

I think he could do ok under BG.

As I've been reading about some of the choices being tossed around over who will be the next coach, I thought of something interesting regarding Patrick Roy as coach. First, can you imagine the fire and passion he would bring to our team as the coach. I mean can you imagine what would happen to a player if he gave half an effort, or didn't show up or if someone didn't stand up for a teammate, or didn't give everything he had to win? I don't know if Patrick's ready or not, but he would bring fire and passion and heaven help anyone who played on the team who didn't.

Edited by REV-G

As I've been reading about some of the choices being tossed around over who will be the next coach, I thought of something interesting regarding Patrick Roy as coach. First, can you imagine the fire and passion he would bring to our team as the coach. I mean can you imagine what would happen to a player if he gave half an effort, or didn't show up or if someone didn't stand up for a teammate, or didn't give everything he had to win? I don't know if Patrick's ready or not, but he would bring fire and passion and heaven help anyone who played on the team who didn't.

I love King Patrick. He was my idol growing up and I still like him today! But I'm tired of "rookie" coaches coaching the Habs. I want a coach who has NHL EXPERIENCE!!! True that Patrick has QMJHL experience(4 years) and has won the Memorial cup....but we should let Patrick go to Colorado and get some NHL experience...We can always call him back home in 4 or 5 years!

Vancouver media and Habs Inside/Out are floating the idea of a Luongo-for-Price trade. :lol:

It would make a lot of sense for everyone. I think.

Not saying we should do it or that Vanc should do it. I'm perfectly fine as is... but I wouldn't be surprise if it ever happens.

It would make a lot of sense for everyone. I think.

Not saying we should do it or that Vanc should do it. I'm perfectly fine as is... but I wouldn't be surprise if it ever happens.

Well...what may not make sense is taking on a $7-mil contract going forward if we believe that Price will eventually be the equivalent of Luongo. You could pretty much kiss goodbye to the mythical 'Star Centreman' if we sign Luongo, no?

When is Price slated to become a UFA? A lot would hinge on that, it seems to me.

Why in the world would Vancouver make that trade. They've got one of the best, if not the best, goalie in the league, and you think they'd trade him for a goalie who has great potential, but struggled two years in a row in the play-offs and had a poor second half of this past season. Just so both goalies can be back home??? This trade would only happen if Price had a great year and was close to Luongo in stats. Not a chance this will happen.

The only reason is that Luongo is slated to become a UFA and Vancouver isn't certain they can get him re-signed. If it's the trade deadline and he makes it clear he won't re-sign, they could do a lot worse than trade away his final 3 months of services for Carey Price. But would it be worth it for us? Only if he says he'll re-sign with us. Luongo-Halak isn't bad. B)

Isn't happening though. I'm sure the Canucks'll get him re-signed.

The drop off between Price as a prospect and Cory Schneider as one isn't that great. If Vancouver were to move Luongo (an enormous if), they'd probably want to imporve the team in front of their own young goalie. Cam Cole, the Vancouver Sun reporter who propsed this idea, is way out to lunch with this half-baked idea.

And Vancouver fans and media rip on their goalies second only to Montreal in terms of ridiculousness. Although they've had better reason to do so (they've had mediocre to bad goaltending for their entire existence, save Mclean and possibly Brodeur who were both above average to good in their tenure, but not great), they're programmed to rip their goalie when the slightest thing doesn't go their way. Just like how we are trained to expect greatness out of every one of our goalies, and can't accept anything but. For both Motnreal and Vancouver fans... it's always about the goalie. Philly is the same way as well.

Well...what may not make sense is taking on a $7-mil contract going forward if we believe that Price will eventually be the equivalent of Luongo. You could pretty much kiss goodbye to the mythical 'Star Centreman' if we sign Luongo, no?

When is Price slated to become a UFA? A lot would hinge on that, it seems to me.

+

Why in the world would Vancouver make that trade. They've got one of the best, if not the best, goalie in the league, and you think they'd trade him for a goalie who has great potential, but struggled two years in a row in the play-offs and had a poor second half of this past season. Just so both goalies can be back home??? This trade would only happen if Price had a great year and was close to Luongo in stats. Not a chance this will happen.

=

reason why it makes sense.

I hope this trade never happens. I like Luongo and all, but won't he be 30 years old soon?

Carey is only 21 years old...he couls be our goalie for the next 15 years!

I hope this trade never happens. I like Luongo and all, but won't he be 30 years old soon?

Carey is only 21 years old...he couls be our goalie for the next 15 years!

I'll be satisfied if next year he demonstrates that he SHOULD be the goalie for the next 15 games - rather have him playing bcoz he is a "thoroughbred" who is playing to further his development!

I'll be satisfied if next year he demonstrates that he SHOULD be the goalie for the next 15 games - rather have him playing bcoz he is a "thoroughbred" who is playing to further his development!

yeah, we were all harsh about M-A Fleury too some years ago.