Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If we aren't going to give him 5 mill, who is? Not many teams have the cap space (and ability to spend to the cap) that we do.

I def hope u r right :hlogo:

According to Ek the habs have moved up the list and are willing to send Markov in a deal for VL.

Please, don't shoot the messanger

That's pretty funny considering that this would make Hamrlik our #1 defenceman :lol: Time to stop reading Eklund.

Who else would the habs give them? The only younger player with any talent is AK46, maybe Pleks, Lats or higgins. I certainly wouldn't move any of Subban, Mcdonagh or Pacioretty.

It's just something to read when no there is no hockey news up to the draft.

Who else would the habs give them? The only younger player with any talent is AK46, maybe Pleks, Lats or higgins. I certainly wouldn't move any of Subban, Mcdonagh or Pacioretty.

It's just something to read when no there is no hockey news up to the draft.

I agree, but if the trade makes no sense then it may as well be an EA Sports offer. And unless we get an elite D-man back, this trade makes no sense.

i really think there is something big in the works..anyones guess but i think bob is trying to make a big trade before he signs anyone else..

i really think there is something big in the works..anyones guess but i think bob is trying to make a big trade before he signs anyone else..

But who have we got to trade? Most of our 'name' players are UFAs or RFAs. That pretty much leaves Markov, the Kostitsyns, Latendresse, Lapierre, Price, Halak, and Hammer among notable signed players. Then there's draft picks (of which we can scarcely afford to lose more) and prospects who, given our abysmal track record of signing/re-signing UFAs, we would probably be unwise to deal away.

Now personally I can't believe that Bob would move Markov without a fall-back plan well in place on D. So that's out. Price won't go either; Gainey has too much invested, in every sense of the term, in his success. Hammer is unmoveable for financial reasons. So, maybe you can get a superstar back for some combo of Lats, Kostys, Halak, and prospect(s), but it seems like a hard sell to me. Plus you likely end up with more massive holes to fill (e.g., potentially elite wingers, rugged high-ceiling power forward, etc.); and besides, I'm far from sure that cheap, talented young players are what you want to be dealing away in a cap system.

So I'm skeptical that a blockbuster's in the works. But I agree that the silence is a bit thunderous. Two weeks to get these signings done...it's kinda nerve-wracking. Plus thanks to the internet I've become a year-round Habs-info junkie, :angry: so these stretches of silence are a drag in and of themselves!

But who have we got to trade? Most of our 'name' players are UFAs or RFAs. That pretty much leaves Markov, the Kostitsyns, Latendresse, Lapierre, Price, Halak, and Hammer among notable signed players. Then there's draft picks (of which we can scarcely afford to lose more) and prospects who, given our abysmal track record of signing/re-signing UFAs, we would probably be unwise to deal away.

Now personally I can't believe that Bob would move Markov without a fall-back plan well in place on D. So that's out. Price won't go either; Gainey has too much invested, in every sense of the term, in his success. Hammer is unmoveable for financial reasons. So, maybe you can get a superstar back for some combo of Lats, Kostys, Halak, and prospect(s), but it seems like a hard sell to me. Plus you likely end up with more massive holes to fill (e.g., potentially elite wingers, rugged high-ceiling power forward, etc.); and besides, I'm far from sure that cheap, talented young players are what you want to be dealing away in a cap system.

So I'm skeptical that a blockbuster's in the works. But I agree that the silence is a bit thunderous. Two weeks to get these signings done...it's kinda nerve-wracking. Plus thanks to the internet I've become a year-round Habs-info junkie, :angry: so these stretches of silence are a drag in and of themselves!

yes i remember back in the day, b4 the internet, we went months without any news. Now a day goes by without an announcement and we all panic and EK makes up some more shit. :lol: :hlogo:

i know we dont have that much to move but i think a lot of teams are going to what to dump some high price players to make cap room for them to sign some of there younger players..the habs as room to take in some of these guys and because most of our players suck last year i cant see them getting to much of a pay jump...so i think is alot of teams as put there self in a bad place, which works out good for us..less teams to bid against free agents and we can make trade for players with big price tag...

Do you guys think that high salary players (Lecavalier, Richards, etc) value will drop hard cuz of the new salary cap ? or just drop a bit ?

Thanks to the internet I've become a year-round Habs-info junkie, :angry: so these stretches of silence are a drag in and of themselves!

I feel your pain. In fact, I can find very little on any of the sports I care about to assuage my cravings.

Queue the "TWO WEEKS OF PAIN AND SUFFERING".

Let's all get our hopes up again for Briere or for who ever. The good news is that last years draft brought us Tangs. Maybe we are in store for goodies...until we know though..."PAIN"!

I too feel it's too quiet.

TWO WEEKS :contract:

I don't think Briere is an option at all anymore. Older, injury prone and a huge contract.

Yes, and anyone who was furious at the time that Gainey failed to outbid Philly should be disqualified from getting mad at Bob ever again :lol:

The Briere thing is an object lesson in the dangers of signing UFAs - and the foolishness of fan and media hysteria concerning it.

I meant the pain and suffering regarding Briere 2 years ago. I don't want him now myself. I should have been more specific.

On another note: Here's a rumour which was from June 12th. I don't think it was posted yet:

According to Al Strachan of the Score, the Montreal Canadiens are targetting Ottawa Senators forward Chris Neil when he is due to be a UFA this summer. It's believed that Sens GM Bryan Murray and Neil's agent have had contract discussions, but it's looking like Neil will test the waters of free agency

Brochuishockey website

I meant the pain and suffering regarding Briere 2 years ago. I don't want him now myself. I should have been more specific.

On another note: Here's a rumour which was from June 12th. I don't think it was posted yet:

Brochuishockey website

someone tell me why we wan chris neil? we already are wasting 1.5 on good guy laraque.

Neil could be a great pickup. At his best he is far more than a mere goon, he's a tough-nosed third-liner. At least, he used to be - his numbers have dropped significantly over the last two seasons. He had 16 goals and 33 points in 2005-06; but he's only 29, so another three years of decent production seems a reasonable expectation. The key will be to not overpay. My only concern is that his output over the last two years has indeed been goon-like and I'd like to hear some explanation. Has he slowed down? Or been used differently? Or played with weaker linemates? What's up?

Neil or Lappy? (Ian Laperiere)

lappy is 35 y old.

on some nights lapierre laraque and neil could do bad ass !!!