Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I hope this is true and then all the Gainey bashers can stuff it. :lol:

Notice how our lack of heart (Euro in 2009) is being turned into a Canadian/American heart and soul down to the blood team? :clap:

YES! :hlogo:

quietly :clap:

So, basically, Moen + Gill + Mara for a tad more than the price of Pussy-Komi?

Anyone still doubting the Gainey?!

:bow: Gainey :bow:

I found this in my Gainey = God book

And then Lord Gainey said to young Jedi-Price :

Thy crease shall be cleared

:clap:

So, basically, Moen + Gill + Mara for a tad more than the price of Pussy-Komi?

Anyone still doubting the Gainey?!

:bow: Gainey :bow:

I found this in my Gainey = God book

:clap:

Jedi-Price: Thank you, master. I will not fail you.

:lol:

Make it your sig.

so much for the youth movement. looks like gainey has been given a mandate to win now, no more 5 year plans.mara and moen both have size, so the habs should be able to easily hold their own with the big imposing, but plodding leafs.moen can certainly take care of business, when necessary. just ask shea weber.

so much for the youth movement. looks like gainey has been given a mandate to win now, no more 5 year plans.mara and moen both have size, so the habs should be able to easily hold their own with the big imposing, but plodding leafs.moen can certainly take care of business, when necessary. just ask shea weber.

29, 27 isn't exactly old.

I don't care about matching up to the Leafs. I care about matching up to the Bruins, Penguins, Capitals and Flyers: the real powers of the East. The Leafs will be a loud mouthed distraction, but little to back it up.

This is a RUMOUR (of the worst quality : "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who's got a source close to the janitor"), hence I'm putting it in the RUMOUR thread

(see Fanpuck!?)

SJ gives : Marleau

Habs gives : Plekanec + S. Kost + Halak

I just hope it's not just a rumour... Marleau is like my dream center. imagine him ripping it off on the "2nd" line with Cammalleri and A. Kost... ouch.

(for that to happen, we'd have however to get rid of Hamrlik's contract)

I'm not usually posting such rumours, but this one actually makes sense :

-Trade Kitty-Plekanec for a guy who can actually play

-Trade S. Kost mafia (A. Kost wasn't a problem until S. Kost came into town as a permanent player?!)

-Get some value for Halak before he gets the f out because we're not playing him

-Get rid of mafia Hamrlik and his 5.5M contract (till 2011)

I think that same scenario has been floated on here. But the problem remains moving Hamrlik's contract in all this. The only way I see him out is to a team that has to reach the cap floor. Also, that would leave us a bit thin on d I think, with Gorges back into the top-4 and Gill at the bottom pairing having to play with O'Byrne, maybe Weber or Carle. Ouch.

But that would be a very, very nice trade for us in terms of forward unit.

Who's the janitor?

Edited by tokyohabs

I think that same scenario has been floated on here. But the problem remains moving Hamrlik's contract in all this. The only way I see him out is to a team that has to reach the cap floor. Also, that would leave us a bit thin on d I think, with Gorges back into the top-4 and Gill at the bottom pairing having to play with O'Byrne, maybe Weber or Carle. Ouch.

But that would be a very, very nice trade for us in terms of forward unit.

Who's the janitor?

A guy on Hfboards heard something from someone he says is a source.

SJ gives : Marleau

Habs gives : Plekanec + S. Kost + Halak

Dream trade but it would definitely mean moving Hamrlik. Suppose we make this trade and then dump Hamrlik for a package of picks & prospects (or a single 7th rounder, it makes no difference for this post).

On D we'd have Markov, Spacek, Gill, Mara, Gorges, Dandenault and O'Byrne. This is decent but we're clearly lacking a top 4 D as all of Mara, Gill and Gorges seem like, at best, #4s. I like Dandy because we seem like we'll only be able to afford 22 roster players. Dandy can act as 7th D and 13th forward.

At forward.... oh, man.

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta

Kostitsyn-Marleau-Cammalleri

Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen

Stewart-Metropolit-Laraque

This is without mentioning D'Agostini, Chipchura or Dandenault.

We would need to invest in a new back up goaltender though. Kolzig?

Let's not forget that this would also provide the team with its captain. He's done it in SJ, he can certainly do it here.

Captain? We should trade Gomez for Saku and reduce our cap hit while getting some leadership.

LMAO

Let's not forget that this would also provide the team with its captain. He's done it in SJ, he can certainly do it here.

That's also part of the reason he's being mentioned as a trade target, though. San Jose feels they need a shakeup in leadership after so many disappointing playoff runs.

I still think that if Markov doesn't get elected as the captain in training camp, there won't be one, and eventually one of the new guys will fill that role.

I came to the Permanent Rumour Thread to ask if anyone had heard of us talking with the Sharks about a deal, and you're already talking about it. Eklund (sorry) posted a comment that San Jose is trying to get in on the Heatley deal but negotiations over a deal with Montreal is taking longer than they expected. If there is any truth to that rumour then there has got to be a good chance that it is Marleau (38 goals last year) that they may be talking about. Wow, that would be an amazing pickup for us! I don't want to move Halak, but if we could get Marleau then a package including Halak would be worth it. If this is true I hope Gainey signs Marleau to an extension and not wait till UFA season next year.