Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know nothing about it, but my own guess is that the Habs aren't doing the right kind of psychological profiling of these guys. There must have been a way to get some sense of whether guys like Emelin and Valetenko had any deep desire to play here, for instance. I know Gainey had sized up Higgins and Price as men of iron character - what happened? Just a thought.

Meanwhile, amusing rumour of the day:

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/370134/posts/40063

Boyes? Sure! ^_^

So Pacioretty + S. Kostitsyn + 2010 1st for Boyes?

No, No, no..... no thank you St Lou

I like the S. Kostitsyn and Halak for Cam Barker thought much much better

Edited by Habitforming

Thye do have some pieces to move if they want to try and upgrade the team.

The Kosty brothers. Halak, Pleks can all be moved for potential upgrades.

They need to do soemthing to get an actual second line.

So Pacioretty + S. Kostitsyn + 2010 1st for Boyes?

No, No, no..... no thank you St Lou

I agree; I might do it without the 1st overall pick though. Whether St. Louis would is another question.

We need a second line all right. I do hope Gainey gives the staff time to work with A. Kostitsyn before pulling the trigger. But a guy like Boyes *could* be just what the doctor ordered.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I agree; I might do it without the 1st overall pick though. Whether St. Louis would is another question.

We need a second line all right. I do hope Gainey gives the staff time to work with A. Kostitsyn before pulling the trigger. But a guy like Boyes *could* be just what the doctor ordered.

We need Kostitsyn AND Boyes. Otherwise, we're still missing a top 6er.

We need Kostitsyn AND Boyes. Otherwise, we're still missing a top 6er.

Personally I think this rumour is bunk anyway, but the rumour involved SERGEI Kostitsyn, not his brother. That's what I was responding to. I agree, Andrei + Pacioretty for Boyes would be crazy.

Personally I think this rumour is bunk anyway, but the rumour involved SERGEI Kostitsyn, not his brother. That's what I was responding to. I agree, Andrei + Pacioretty for Boyes would be crazy.

It was a fake rumor plastered around all day yesterday. The day ESPN2 breaks a hockey trade...

Edited by huzer

Accordignto Ek the negotiations on Frolov are at an empass and the habs have interest in him.

I would trade both Kosty brothers for him as long as he signs 3-4 year 4 mill max contact. He is a skilled RH shot that plays the RW. He also played with Cammi.

At least they could split up the scoring this way.

Accordignto Ek the negotiations on Frolov are at an empass and the habs have interest in him.

I would trade both Kosty brothers for him as long as he signs 3-4 year 4 mill max contact. He is a skilled RH shot that plays the RW. He also played with Cammi.

At least they could split up the scoring this way.

But he's another head-case who has been serving on the Kings' third line, for heaven's sake.

We could come out ahead simply because of the RH shot thing. But it sounds like a classic case of trading headaches.

Not saying it'd be a bad move, but we'd need not to be dazzled by the rep Frolov created a few seasons ago when he emerged as a 'future star.'

Anyway: these Frolov rumours have been percolating on and off for long enough - just as the Lang and Tanguay rumours did - that I definitely believe Gainey is interested. I won't be surprised at all if he's a habs before too long.

I think we should wait until the mid-way mark of the season before contemplating trading Andrei Kostitsyn. He could explode at any time...it's just a question of lighting a fire under his ass!!!

Edited by Habsfan

I thikn we should wait until the mid way mark of the season before contemplating trading Andrei Kostitsyn. He could explode at any time...it's just a question of lighting a fire under his ass!!!

But his ass looks like it's made of asbestos. It's fire-proof. ^_^

But his ass looks like it's made of asbestos. It's fire-proof. ^_^

I know, ;) but I'd hate to see AK46 score 38 goals with the Bruins or the Panthers. We've lost enough talented guys over the past 5 years...let's take the time needed to see AK46 attain his full potential! Let's be patient with him...for once!!

Edited by Habsfan

I know, ;) but I'd hate to see AK46 score 38 goals with the Bruins or the Panthers. We've lost enough talented guys over the past 5 years...let's take the time needed to see AK46 attain his full potential! Let's be patient with him...for once!!

Yeah, it's a good question, what to do with this guy?? On the one hand he's what, 24? Lots of time to grow up and figure it out. That's the case for patience. On the other hand, there are a lot of warning flags here (hanging with mobsters, sulking because his brother was sent down, general inconsistency and worse, laziness) suggesting he suffers from that all-too-prevalent Russian - or in this case Belarusan - disease. The technical term is "Idontgiveashit-itis." There's no known cure.

Remember we'd be getting a talented and relatively young player back. Even if Kosty breaks out, is his ceiling that much higher than Frolov's? Beats me, but it wouldn't be a question of dumping Kosty for a broken-down Ninimaa.

Tough call, this one.

On the other hand, there are a lot of warning flags here (hanging with mobsters, sulking because his brother was sent down, general inconsistency and worse, laziness)

I don't think this one can apply. after Sergei was sent down, Andrei said that his brother made his own decisions and he had not contacted him.

This might sound stupid, but the fact that Andrei's english is still very rusty, his confidence might not be at an all-time high!

I'm willing to be patient with AK46 for at least another season, maybe 2. If by the time he reaches 26 he still hasn't done anything worthwhile, then you trade him!

You know that Boyes is a 65 point type player with top line minutes and time with quality players like Kariya, Tkachuk, etc...I'm not sure he's still a 65 point guy on our 2nd line with Pleks and AKost. Maybe but let's put his production in context...

Question for me is: can Pacioretty become a better player then Boyes is today in the next 2 years?

If so, he'll be cheaper and younger then Boyes is today...not that Boyes will be old, but he could create a cap problem a year or two from now. I think Pacioretty can get pretty close to being at this level.

I also believe that S-Kost can still become a 45 point 3rd line guy...why deal him when his value is at it's lowest?

Sure, with any prospects there are risks. Plus the "rumour" has us throwing in a 1st rounder...man, that's a lot to give up for a guy who is really shown he's a relatively low scoring top line player with great line-mates and a reputation for being soft (possibly an unfair rep imo).

I'd have to be very confident that he is "the guy" who gets this team past the 1st round of the playoffs.

I was kinda sleeping, kinda not so sleeping. (fell asleep while negotiating with Chicago in NHL 2010) and got that "trade idea" which is not so bad...

To Chicago :

A. Kost

S. Kost

To Montreal :

Cam Barker

Patrick Sharp

Yes, I know, must be smoking some pretty hot stuff if I really think that the value is "fair"...

However, in the cap era, that's not so far fetched.

1. Chicago is underusing Barker, because of Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, etc.

2. Patrick Sharp makes a whole lot of money for his class... they will have to sign Toews, Kane... etc. They alredy have Hossa. Sharp at 4M is a luxury.

3. There is the S. Kost - Kane connection.

4. At their respective salary / potential, etc. S. Kost for Sharp could be something interesting for both.

5. A. Kost for Barker does make a lot of sense for them.

we'd be in cap troubles when Markov would be back... but when's that? at that time, maybe someone overpaid will have just become very expandable... I'm not suggesting they are right now, but maybe by then, Spacek or Hamrlik will prove to not be so useful.. Or Laraque, or whoever.

I was kinda sleeping, kinda not so sleeping. (fell asleep while negotiating with Chicago in NHL 2010) and got that "trade idea" which is not so bad...

To Chicago :

A. Kost

S. Kost

To Montreal :

Cam Barker

Patrick Sharp

Yes, I know, must be smoking some pretty hot stuff if I really think that the value is "fair"...

However, in the cap era, that's not so far fetched.

1. Chicago is underusing Barker, because of Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, etc.

2. Patrick Sharp makes a whole lot of money for his class... they will have to sign Toews, Kane... etc. They alredy have Hossa. Sharp at 4M is a luxury.

3. There is the S. Kost - Kane connection.

4. At their respective salary / potential, etc. S. Kost for Sharp could be something interesting for both.

5. A. Kost for Barker does make a lot of sense for them.

we'd be in cap troubles when Markov would be back... but when's that? at that time, maybe someone overpaid will have just become very expandable... I'm not suggesting they are right now, but maybe by then, Spacek or Hamrlik will prove to not be so useful.. Or Laraque, or whoever.

Not to burst your bubble but half of that was a rumor floating around a few weeks back.

anyhow, I would be surprised if ANYTHING at all happens before the 20 games mark.

Gainey did his moves during the summer...

The right thing to do right now is to let things Gel and not panick.

If they don't gel after 20 games, we must adapt. Until then, we have to let the elements in place TRY.

anyhow, I would be surprised if ANYTHING at all happens before the 20 games mark.

Gainey did his moves during the summer...

The right thing to do right now is to let things Gel and not panick.

If they don't gel after 20 games, we must adapt. Until then, we have to let the elements in place TRY.

I agree completely.

But, I think Halak has alot of value to a team with Huet as thier number one LOL

Yeah the rumor of the day was S.Kostitsyn + Halak (Possibly a pick or D'Agostini) For Barker and a lesser light player/pick

Why would the Hawks go after Halak when they have Niemi and Crawford?

Why would the Hawks go after Halak when they have Niemi and Crawford?

Well, the salary they paid Huet shows that they cannot assess goaltending talent. That could work in our favour.