Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Brodeur said in the media thta he doesn't want to be traded. This would mean that Lou asked

him and if Lou is ready to unload Brodeur, he is ready to unload anyone.

Not necessarily. The media has projected on Brodeur his need to take a shot at another Cup and also

invoked the name of Bourque in their comparison.

Silly really, because Bourque was a player who never won a Cup, Brodeur has won 3, has made the playoffs

for 99% of his career and has invested his whole professional career in New Jersey.

The media would like us to believe that players are obsessed with winning the Stanley Cup every year.

He might just be answering media speculation. And you are speculating on media speculation.

Brodeur is close to the end of his career. He has lived in New Jersey/New York for close to two decades.

He holds the career wins record, shutouts, etc etc. What is more valuable to him? Stability in where he lives,

his legacy as a rare player who plays his whole career with one team or taking one shot at a Stanley Cup

with a bunch of strangers?

I would be shocked if Brodeur leaves New Jersey approaching 39 years old.

I mean, I know Jersey has a bad rep, but it is minutes away from NYC. One of the greatest cities in the world.

I've been watching the team that had the #1 D in the league until 5 games ago. With Markov out there are question marks there but there is no need for panic. The Habs will start winning when the team goes back to their system, not when Spacek turns into Superman and starts having 5 hits, blocked shots and takeaways a game. A Hagman/Bieksa/Regehr isn't going to save them if they don't play their system.

You also need to take into consideration who the compition was until 5 games ago. I woudn't even put our defense among the top ten in the league, let alone #1.

We did beat the pens and shut down Philly, but that was before either of them got their shit together and got on a roll. This is a .500 club. I said it at the start of the season that we'd be fighting for a 7th or 8th seed, I haven't seen anything anything to change my opinion.

I think if we can solidify the D, with the way the standings work we may be able to hold onto the third seed, but I don't see Reghyr as that guy. I certainly don't see an overpaid bum like hagman as being to help as up front. We have guys like desharnais, who'd I'd like to give a shot to rather them pick up a bum that played for years for a non-playoff leafs team and is on an equally bad flames team.

I really don't get why anyone wants bums from loser teams Luke the flames. That idiot Sutter made the same mistake last year by picking up 4 players from one of the worst team in the league and then resigning players like jokinen (1 career playoff appearance) AND giving him a NTC. He also traded away phaneuf and is hoping to build his D around Bouwmeester, who has been in the league between 8-10 years and NEVER made the playoffs and was also a loser in junior. If it wasn't for giordano the flames would have the worst D in the league.

I don't want anything to do with a deal with Calgary unless Iginla, goirdano or bourque are coming back the other way and even then, I'd only want them if Gomez was the one going the other way.

You also need to take into consideration who the compition was until 5 games ago. I woudn't even put our defense among the top ten in the league, let alone #1.

We did beat the pens and shut down Philly, but that was before either of them got their shit together and got on a roll. This is a .500 club. I said it at the start of the season that we'd be fighting for a 7th or 8th seed, I haven't seen anything anything to change my opinion.

I think if we can solidify the D, with the way the standings work we may be able to hold onto the third seed, but I don't see Reghyr as that guy. I certainly don't see an overpaid bum like hagman as being to help as up front. We have guys like desharnais, who'd I'd like to give a shot to rather them pick up a bum that played for years for a non-playoff leafs team and is on an equally bad flames team.

I really don't get why anyone wants bums from loser teams Luke the flames. That idiot Sutter made the same mistake last year by picking up 4 players from one of the worst team in the league and then resigning players like jokinen (1 career playoff appearance) AND giving him a NTC. He also traded away phaneuf and is hoping to build his D around Bouwmeester, who has been in the league between 8-10 years and NEVER made the playoffs and was also a loser in junior. If it wasn't for giordano the flames would have the worst D in the league.

I don't want anything to do with a deal with Calgary unless Iginla, goirdano or bourque are coming back the other way and even then, I'd only want them if Gomez was the one going the other way.

Who the competition was? You mean that Montreal's schedule over the first 30 games of the season was inordinately easy? If anything, their schedule over the past 5 games was abnormally tough, as Martin pointed out yesterday.

Why does the team they play on matter? And why are Hagman and Regehr bums for playing on bad NHL teams while Desharnais, an AHL player, has potential to help us? Hagman has had the chance to "be a bum" (2nd/3rd line player) in the NHL for the past 5 years for a reason and Desharnais is outside of the NHL for a reason.

Their 7 d-men (excluding Markov) are so-so but their team defense (when they play their game, which is all season except for the past 5 games) is one of the best in the league if you go by GAA.

This team is not contending for a Cup as currently constituted. Adding Bieksa/Hagman/Regehr won't change that.

Like CC has said, this looks like a stealth rebuild. They continue to be competitive, they identify and groom their team

identity and they continue to draft and develop until the window opens for a championship run.

Stealing back the identity that Jersey stole gives the Habs a chance to win every night. The veteran core is solid, but outside

of Cammalleri and Plekanec, maybe Gionta they are no longer in the prime or approaching their prime. So this team will not

move into that upper tier until Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Pouliot and to some extent Price make the leap.

The Habs can then move out Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, Gomez and replace them with free agents in their prime. This leaves a

veteran core of Plekanec, Cammalleri, Markov (hopefully recovered) and Gionta + the developed youth + the in prime free agents to make the Stanley Cup assault with a 2-4 year identity where the system becomes the defining piece of the franchise.

At this point you hope that the next generation can step in and provide solid lower line minutes while they apprentice and

continue the cycle of consistent contending. Leblanc, Kristo, Tinordi etc.

I am searching for consistent effort and team commitment. Everything else will take care of itself.

Any addition of the players mentioned will secure a solid playoff seeding and we can sit back and hope for a great run,

but the 2010 playoff run was a mirage. I am hoping it was a successful reboot that has put this franchise back on the

proper track, but I won't put them in the Stanley Cup playoff picture until I stop looking at how many points the 9th seed has.

That day has not come yet.

If we're just assuming that they're not winning the Cup this year then I don't care who they add. A 15+ minute forward would be a useful addition to the team, as would a 20+ minute d-man. I think this team needs one of each of those players in order to contend.

Fortunately, they have a bunch of young players that can potentially grow into those roles.

If we're just assuming that they're not winning the Cup this year then I don't care who they add. A 15+ minute forward would be a useful addition to the team, as would a 20+ minute d-man. I think this team needs one of each of those players in order to contend.

Fortunately, they have a bunch of young players that can potentially grow into those roles.

Now your seeing the Habs play... because a dman +20 min is at least what they need.

Without having to re-write my past 20 posts...the present D cannot play their best every night. When a healthy Spacek and Gill cannot sustain 20 min game after game, and I'm doubtful Hammer can as well, but lets say for the moment that he can. Gorges is too much of a warrior to play more than 20+. if asked to he will! But he will always pay the the price, therefor we should not ask him to play +20 every night when we know he plays as champion night after night.

I say we need a +25min D man and another +20min D man until we can get Subban and or another rookie in that category.

Until then him and Picard, should not play over 18 min.

Hence my proposal that JM play 7 dmen when they are too battered. so they get back to a healthy 6 man core. But with our offense still in limbo how can we?

I want to make the playoffs in comfort without hurting the teams growth from within.

Another reason why I favour a defenseman instead of a forward. I am not really concerned with the growth

of Picard and Weber isn't playing now anyways. So a guy like Bieksa would replace Picard, they could then

send Weber to Hamilton and allow the kid to play.

Hagman Could be taking minutes away from one of the younger guys trying to audition for the 2nd line.

A guy like Pacioretty.

I think this team is on the right track, but like you said 2 if not more players away.

Team D is not about "the defensemen".

2010 NJ Devils. Number 1 Team Defense in the NHL.

Colin White, Bryce Salvador, Mike Mottau, Andy Greene, Mark Fraser, Paul Martin, Jonny Oduya

2009 had the same core and was 4th overall in the league with Scott Clemmensen in goal.

Would you put those 6 among the elite defensemen in the game?

Strong Team D is about commitment from every player on the ice to support your goaltender. The philosophy is based

on remaining competitive in every game and giving yourself a chance to win. The Devils have perfected this system for

close to 20 years.

The 2011 Habs have been competitive in 90% of their games this season because of this defensive commitment.

Defense wins championships. The most successful teams over the last 40 years were built from the back end out.

There are always exceptions, but as a whole it is true.

Edited by Wamsley01

pretty much everyone agrees that we need a big winger but who do we go after?

i think one guy that might be had is Dustin Penner but not sure what we have to give up?

some other guys that might be trade bait

Jarome Iginla

Jamie Langenbrunner

Patrik Elias

Alex Tanguay

Edited by KEEP26

pretty much everyone agrees that we need a big winger but who do we go after?

i think one guy that might be had is Dustin Penner but not sure what we have to give up?

some other guys that might be trade bait

Jarome Iginla

Jamie Langenbrunner

Patrik Elias

Alex Tanguay

get whomever you want (trading)

but send some of these players to Hamilton PLEASE

-ELLER is improving but there is no time and room for his improvement; here is your ticket TAK

-Picard, you're lucky Weber was so rusty tonight... otherwise I would have you holding your ticket in your mouth tom morning

-Moen, what on earth are you doing out there? NOthing!

-Darche, Its JM's fault your on the PP? stop licking his ass then!

-Pouliot, I give up, time to amputate before the gangrene hits the vital organs

Positive note

D was better tonight PK mistake (acceptable) Gill, Spacek and Hammer (yes 2 penalties) TOI less than 20 min each THANK PG for the Wiz kid

Oh and blame JM for this loss!

Bring desharnais .. How worse can it be

Edited by CoRvInA

According to CKAC, Lapierre was told to stay in hotel room to await trade confirmation, while team left for arena

http://www.985fm.ca/sports/nouvelles/maxim...ange-52094.html

Well Lapierre didn't want to be a :hlogo: anymore so he got his wish.I am just glad they traded him before they got back to Montreal so he wouldn't get crucified by the French media.I always liked Laps even though he did yap a lot.Good luck to him I will be watching him Sunday night on WGN as they are televising the Chicago-Anaheim game.

Go :hlogo: Go

Jamie Langenbrunner was asked by the Devils to lift his no-trade clause. Salary of 2.8M$ Would love to see him with the Habs..

Now that we know Gorges isn't coming back, I'd hazard a guess that the next move may also be for a d-man, as playing 2 of Subban, Weber, and Picard per night from here on out probably isn't a recipe for playoff success. I'd like Langenbrunner as well, but the one from a few years ago. Like Rolston, his best days are way behind him, just 4 goals and a -15 rating in 31 games. Darche is out producing him.

Now that we know Gorges isn't coming back, I'd hazard a guess that the next move may also be for a d-man, as playing 2 of Subban, Weber, and Picard per night from here on out probably isn't a recipe for playoff success. I'd like Langenbrunner as well, but the one from a few years ago. Like Rolston, his best days are way behind him, just 4 goals and a -15 rating in 31 games. Darche is out producing him.

Hamrlik isn't out long term (at least I hope), and we have Festerling - who we got for a forward.

The whole Devils team has been horrible, not just Langenbrunner. Kostitsyn has as many goals as Kovalchuk..

Hamrlik isn't out long term (at least I hope), and we have Festerling - who we got for a forward.

The whole Devils team has been horrible, not just Langenbrunner. Kostitsyn has as many goals as Kovalchuk..

I've been keeping tabs on Langenbrunner this year as I heard a while back the Habs were interested. From NJ fans, he's lost a step, is disinterested, and can't shoot to save his life. As a 3rd liner, he'd be great but the Habs need another top-6 guy. I don't think he's it.

And Langenbrunner is likely heading West based on speculation in recent days/weeks, deal may be done in the next couple of hours. Can't help but wonder if LA is the destination. Reports of Philly being involved appear on the TwitterBug on the main page though.

And even with Hamrlik in, you're still dressing 2 of Subban, Weber, Picard (and/or Festerling, Carle, etc) every game, certainly not ideal.

I've been keeping tabs on Langenbrunner this year as I heard a while back the Habs were interested. From NJ fans, he's lost a step, is disinterested, and can't shoot to save his life. As a 3rd liner, he'd be great but the Habs need another top-6 guy. I don't think he's it.

And Langenbrunner is likely heading West based on speculation in recent days/weeks, deal may be done in the next couple of hours. Can't help but wonder if LA is the destination. Reports of Philly being involved appear on the TwitterBug on the main page though.

And even with Hamrlik in, you're still dressing 2 of Subban, Weber, Picard (and/or Festerling, Carle, etc) every game, certainly not ideal.

is it worse than dressing all of Darche, Desharnais, Gomez, Moen, Pacioretty, Pyatt and Halpern at the same time?

is it worse than dressing all of Darche, Desharnais, Gomez, Moen, Pacioretty, Pyatt and Halpern at the same time?

Yes, I believe it is. There are 2 forwards on that list who don't belong in the NHL in my opinion (Darche, Desharnais), with a 3rd that's so-so, Pyatt. It's easier to shield 2 weak forwards than 2 weak D. (And Desharnais could be an NHL'er still but looks out of his element so far.)

Yes, I believe it is. There are 2 forwards on that list who don't belong in the NHL in my opinion (Darche, Desharnais), with a 3rd that's so-so, Pyatt. It's easier to shield 2 weak forwards than 2 weak D. (And Desharnais could be an NHL'er still but looks out of his element so far.)

I have not seen Desharnais play but have read the Montreal French papers and they are praising Desharnais. Tonight I caught the game off the internet and Desharnais did not look out of place, maybe, just maybe he is catching on. He is not big but seems to play a smart game.

I have not seen Desharnais play but have read the Montreal French papers and they are praising Desharnais. Tonight I caught the game off the internet and Desharnais did not look out of place, maybe, just maybe he is catching on. He is not big but seems to play a smart game.

They are praising him because his name is Desharnais. The guy is lighting up the AHL at 23. That's it. If his name was Stevens, he'd just been another of these "we don't need another 5'6'' centers".

Maybe I'm hard on him, but i'm definitely not hard on him ^_^

So, which team is giving away another Wisniewski now ?

So, which team is giving away another Wisniewski now ?

What do you think about Danny Syvret? He may come available soon as the Flyers have just recalled him. They obviously like him because they keep trading for him. Syvret played as a Bulldog for part of a year and was ex. London Knight. I don't think he would hurt you as an extra defenseman.

He got better as the game went along, I must admit. If he plays like he did in the 2nd and 3rd, he could stick. If he reverts to his 1st period play, he won't be up long.

As for Langenbrunner, he's off to Dallas, should be done soon.

Well, I like what I saw from Desharnais. He seems to think fast out there. And he also showed no fear in going to the net and behind it. Could just be rookie enthusiasm, but I hope we've found a little pistol out there.

Would it do any good to get someone like Jim Vandermeer for a late pick? Habs have the cap space to make a move but I don't feel like a move is coming.