Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Kind of bored today and found this while surfing. Again consider the source. Eklund

Habs Looking for Big DealToday @ 2:52 PM ET

Here's an e1 that is good for speculation and entertainment purposes only....The Canadiens are looking around for scoring and one potential UFA is on their radar according to a source at this hour...That name is Pavel Datsyuk.

A source told me that there is "some serious exploration going on..." and noted that the Wings obviously want to keep Pavel, and likely will. However it is obvious that at this point the Habs are getting very serious.

Just please do not trade Markov!!!!

Kind of bored today and found this while surfing. Again consider the source. Eklund

Habs Looking for Big DealToday @ 2:52 PM ET

Here's an e1 that is good for speculation and entertainment purposes only....The Canadiens are looking around for scoring and one potential UFA is on their radar according to a source at this hour...That name is Pavel Datsyuk.

A source told me that there is "some serious exploration going on..." and noted that the Wings obviously want to keep Pavel, and likely will. However it is obvious that at this point the Habs are getting very serious.

Just please do not trade Markov!!!!

this is not what we need right now....we need a big, scoring center, not another small skilled center. I dont care who we have to give up, anything goes for the right man. (right man being under contract next year)

Edited by Davehab

Judas priest, Pavel datsyuk isn't good enough for us?? You have to be kidding.

The rumour a while ago involved Souray and Datsyuk and that is a trade I make in a heartbeat. With one stroke we get a bona fide #1 centre who is still pretty young, in return for a player who we likely won't be able to resign. If Datsyuk is on the table, go for it!! (But NOT for Markov!!!!)

Judas priest, Pavel datsyuk isn't good enough for us?? You have to be kidding.

The rumour a while ago involved Souray and Datsyuk and that is a trade I make in a heartbeat. With one stroke we get a bona fide #1 centre who is still pretty young, in return for a player who we likely won't be able to resign. If Datsyuk is on the table, go for it!! (But NOT for Markov!!!!)

Agreed

So lets see who has been rumored to the habs so far.........

Datsyuk

Doan

Nagy

Forsberg

Guerin

Tkachuck

Horcoff

Marleau (unofficially I think )

Smolinski

Aucoin

Have I missed anyone?

Agreed

Datsyuk

Doan

Nagy

Forsberg

Guerin

Tkachuck

Horcoff

Smolinski

Aucoin

Have I missed anyone?

That pretty much sums it up....I have also read Bertuzzi. They will probably get Sturm instead :P

Another possibility is Laperierre out of Colorado....he doesn't provide much scoring but I would replace Murray with him any day. Heck I would even experiment with Allison...or Gelinas.

Agreed

Datsyuk

Doan

Nagy

Forsberg

Guerin

Tkachuck

Horcoff

Smolinski

Aucoin

Have I missed anyone?

Cammalleri, the latest, according to Ron Fournier of CKAC.

The Forsberg rumours were nice dreams...another centre that Gainey supposedly wanted goes to Nashville, for Ryan Parent, Scottie Upshall and 1st & 3rd rd picks.

I'm kind of glad we didnt get Foppa...that is a hefty price, if Montreal acquired forsberg we'd probably have to give up something like chipchura, price 1st and 3rd and that is too much for Montreal so give up for a 33 year old player who may only be a quick fix.

By the way, this morning I had a dream that montreal traded for Elias...i woke up and still believed it haha i ran downstairs and logged onto tsn and realised it was in fact a dream -- THOSE ARE BRUTAL!!

PULL THE GOD DAMN TRIGGER GAINEY

Just woke up in a cold sweat.

I think I've been Overdosing on too many trade rumors.

Just dreamt that I woke up and logged on to TSN to see that overnight the Habs had made a significant trade.

This is how it went down; Montreal and New Jersey.

Chris Higgins for Brian Rafalski!!

Uggghhhhh

And to top it all off, the Brian Rafalski in my dream had the face of Travis Green.

On the Team 990 this morning Bob Mackenzie said that Gainey is actively trying to change the core of the team.

Take it for what it is worth. What is considered the core at this point?

Koivu

Kovalev

Markov

Souray

Ryder

Rivet

Edited by Talon

My version of the core:

Koivu/Higgins/Ryder/Kovy/Plekanec/Begin/Markov/Souray/Rivet

Best bet is that Souray, Rivet and Ryder are being shopped.

I hate speculating on who's available based on rumours, but I think that you might add Kovalev to that list of 3 players being shopped around? Although I would hate to see Ryder go - he has the potential to be a good goal scorer on the right line.

Edited by beliveau1

This is off the wall, but as I was mulling over the Datsyuk rumours, I started to wonder whether a package of Souray AND Koivu would interest the Wings. Those two players would surely vault them into another level, especially given Saks' record as a playoff performer...in return, Datsyuk and some younger player (Kronwall)? Does this seem ludicrous?

it would ruin my year of Koivu left!!

He's like Sakic,franchise player!!

Saku has a $4.5M No Trade contract. The chances of him going are highly, highly unlikely. The only other vet I would have trouble being dealt is Markov, who I feel is one of the top defenders in the game today. Other than that, Gainey changing the core is probably needed considering what's happened over the last couple of seasons. As much as I love Souray for his heart, his commitment, and his powerply prowess, he could fetch us some mighty nice baubles including a first round pick *and* a quality roster player considering the market.

I suspect Rivet could be gone as could Ryder. Ek has reported that Montreal is willing to "sell the farm" for LeCavalier, and since it's reported that Tampa is going to have to reduce payroll next season (despite a rising cap) there may be possibilities there. (And for those of you who laugh at Ek, I believe he got the last laugh yesterday when he called the Forsberg trade long before TSN got anywhere close. He is plugged in - just that most things that are talked about never happen.)

Saku has a $4.5M No Trade contract. The chances of him going are highly, highly unlikely. The only other vet I would have trouble being dealt is Markov, who I feel is one of the top defenders in the game today. Other than that, Gainey changing the core is probably needed considering what's happened over the last couple of seasons. As much as I love Souray for his heart, his commitment, and his powerply prowess, he could fetch us some mighty nice baubles including a first round pick *and* a quality roster player considering the market.

I suspect Rivet could be gone as could Ryder. Ek has reported that Montreal is willing to "sell the farm" for LeCavalier, and since it's reported that Tampa is going to have to reduce payroll next season (despite a rising cap) there may be possibilities there. (And for those of you who laugh at Ek, I believe he got the last laugh yesterday when he called the Forsberg trade long before TSN got anywhere close. He is plugged in - just that most things that are talked about never happen.)

I don't know if Souray gets that much, but the standards that are being set right now are might pricey? The fact he's a UFA plays into that somewhat though....

Yes Markov has to stay - he is a lot better than most people tend to realize. He's not a rushing type defenseman like Coffey was, but his defensive game is a gem to watch. He is so adapt at covering his man and so deft with his stick when covering the puck that it often goes unnoticed. He plays a solid but subtle game - reminds me a lot of guys like Bill Nyrop and Brian Engblom, only he's a lot better at both ends of the rink.

And people need to catch their breath when firing broadsides at the likes of Eklund and other rumour sites.

These are rumours.... yes RUMOURS. please see this definition :blink: :contract:

A lot of what is reported by these guys is probably being discussed out there, and like you say it doesn't come to any fruition. That doesn't make them idiots or wrong - the fact is a deal couldn't be worked out for what ever reason?

As for the farm for Lecavalier - how big a farm are they suggesting? I haven't got access to them here in this area so I'm interested in what they are say!

Eklund is talking about rumors with minnesota about us getting bouchard. Since they are going to the playoffs I would be willing to go..

Kovalev & Souray + Conditional pick

for

Bouchard + Pouliot

Someone mentioned Koivu and Markov for those two but that is way to much IMO. Kovalev and Souray would give them the playoff boost they will need to face Nashville, easily the strongest team right now thanks to forsburg.

I'm kind of glad we didnt get Foppa...that is a hefty price, if Montreal acquired forsberg we'd probably have to give up something like chipchura, price 1st and 3rd and that is too much for Montreal so give up for a 33 year old player who may only be a quick fix.

Nah, it would be more like Perezhogin/Kostitsyn/Grabovsky, O'Byrne/Emelin, 1st, 3rd. (keeping in mind that

our picks are better than Nashville's picks).

As for the farm for Lecavalier - how big a farm are they suggesting? I haven't got access to them here in this area so I'm interested in what they are say!

This is the basic quote from Eklund for all who are interested.

"The Minnesota Wild are looking to really do something I am hearing and have been talking to the Habs. The Habs would LOVE to get their hands on Pierre-Marc Bouchard, and it has been discussed, but it would take a major roster player of course to get him. I am however hearing that a major deal involving the two teams is “around 60%” likely right now.

The Ducks, who were in the Forsberg race until the last second, will ABSOLUTELY react by getting a major piece, and I am hearing that Tkachuk or Guerin, (possibly even both) are on their radar screen. Also the Ducks have reportedly made some inquiries regarding Jokinen from Florida and {~) (the player formerly known as Anson Carter)

The Leafs have made some calls about everyone’s favorite #97, and sometime Hockeybuzz blogger (friend of the site’s), Jeremy Roenick. Who can name the last big goal JR scored in Toronto? The Leafs are also heavily into Roberts and Tkachuk.

Rumors from the Western Tundra have The Edmonton Oilers closing in on a deal and are looking at defensemen including Markov from Montreal, Brewer, and also possibly, that’s right kids Brian Leetch.

The Sharks, another team in the Forsberg sweeps, will likely make the biggest push for Guerin, but don’t be surprised if the Sabres now go hard after Tkachuk or Guerin.

In Buffalo, due to Maxim’s unfortunate injury, the pressure is mounting to move Marty Biron, and the Lightning are the team that really could use him…The Lightning’s Jay Feaster was on XM radio and stated the team needs 7 home playoff games to make money, and the ownership will not allow the team to spend to the cap if they lose money again this year. Jay said he expects the team’s personal cap would fall to 40 next year and it is possible that he would have to look at breaking up the big three. There are sources ALREADY saying that the Habs would essentially “trade the farm” to get Vinny this summer, and given all the prospects picks and players that could come back to Tampa, I imagine it could set up the Lightning for YEARS to come."

Nice to read but just speculation. If the wild are involved I hope Lil Koivu comes aboard.

Eklund is talking about rumors with minnesota about us getting bouchard. Since they are going to the playoffs I would be willing to go..

Kovalev & Souray + Conditional pick

for

Bouchard + Pouliot

an injured player wth not caracter and a big ego plus a UFA Dman and a conditionnal pick for to young guns, both of them early first round pick.

ohh I can see it happen.

Souray to the Sharks for a "boat load of prospects". Ekland ... which means ... not much. But an interesting rumour all the same.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5578

PS. I think Ekland reads these forums as part of his "sources". This way he gets a read on what people want to hear!

The fact that anyone considers Souray a Norris candidate just shows how much of a joke the trophy has become. At least Pronger, Neids, and Lidstrom are as good defensively as they are offensively, but when guys like Souray are being mentioned, you know the Norris means about as much as a Gold Glove in baseball.