Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

As much as I dislike Gomez's contract, who can we replace him with in this years free agent pool? I would only trade Gomez if we can sign Richards first.

This is the mistake that I see in your arguement. You are not trying to replace Gomez with how you want him to play but how he is playing now. That player should not be that hard to find. Then you take the savings and add it the mix to get a better winger/defenseman were you can potentially bring the numbers up. If he were playing up to snuff, we would not be having this conversation.

This is the mistake that I see in your arguement. You are not trying to replace Gomez with how you want him to play but how he is playing now. That player should not be that hard to find. Then you take the savings and add it the mix to get a better winger/defenseman were you can potentially bring the numbers up. If he were playing up to snuff, we would not be having this conversation.

if Chris Drury cant be traded and has to be bought out... that means nobody wants Gomez...

Drury has one year left at 7-ish million cap hit but costing 5 mil.

Wisnewski's rights were apparently traded to the Jackets.

E5 whatever that means

The E5 means "Eklame" read/saw it reported on another website/paper and then reported it on his website........

The E5 means "Eklame" read/saw it reported on another website/paper and then reported it on his website........

I have no idea what this means but it has been reported on habsinside/out. Finally somebody figured out we need to get something back as opposed to letting them walk. I hope this is a new strategy going forward. I am starting to warm up to Gauthier. We could have used another pick this year.

I have no idea what this means but it has been reported on habsinside/out. Finally somebody figured out we need to get something back as opposed to letting them walk. I hope this is a new strategy going forward. I am starting to warm up to Gauthier. We could have used another pick this year.

I agree! The more picks the better :)

From Chicago columnist Tim Sassone's twitter

Whispers out of Montreal of #Blackhawks and Canadiens talking trade. Hearing no names other than Moen. One or more of Hawk RFAs in play?

Chicago's RFAs are Frolik, Stalberg and Campoli.

I would loooove to replace Moen with Stalberg.

I think Frolik would be a better fit personally. Stalberg has speed to burn but after his great debut with the Leafs last year, he has fizzled quite a bit. His point production was only a few better than Moen. Frolik is a little more proven, still young, decent size, and can play C. Martin also is familiar with him having had him in Florida. That said, I can't see Chicago doing that straight up unless Frolik's asking for too much money. $$ wise, Stalberg would save the Habs a bit as I don't see him commanding $1.5 mil like Moen.

Plus Stalberg has potential as he is young.... Moen just should go.

He still provides a bit of physical play and is responsible defensively, something this team lacks. Stalberg is the antithesis of Moen, doesn't hit or backcheck. His strengths are different which could make him appealing...provided they sign a replacement for Moen.

He still provides a bit of physical play and is responsible defensively, something this team lacks. Stalberg is the antithesis of Moen, doesn't hit or backcheck. His strengths are different which could make him appealing...provided they sign a replacement for Moen.

Personally, i think White and Darche more then enough of Moen replacments. Moen doesn't hit that u h either.

I'd like the following lines once Eller is back:

Max Pac-Gomez-Gionta

Cole - Plex - Cammy

Ak46 - Eller - Desharnais

White - Hamilton player - Darche

Spare from Hamilton

The only reason I think we should pickup another player for the 4th lin is if we can pick up a strong centre that dominates on the draw or much more bruising winger that would push Darche to the spare position.

Personally, i think White and Darche more then enough of Moen replacments. Moen doesn't hit that u h either.

I'd like the following lines once Eller is back:

Max Pac-Gomez-Gionta

Cole - Plex - Cammy

Ak46 - Eller - Desharnais

White - Hamilton player - Darche

Spare from Hamilton

The only reason I think we should pickup another player for the 4th lin is if we can pick up a strong centre that dominates on the draw or much more bruising winger that would push Darche to the spare position.

Well, I think you want quality on the 4th line if you can get it, because it comes to matter quite a bit in the playoffs. Other than Darche, that's a pretty feeble fourth line. I say, go get a veteran a la Halpern.

This was mentioned on the Halpern Replacement thread, but why didn't we just sign Halpern considering we are looking for a Halpern replacement? Age? Money? The fact JM didn't use him right?

Well, I think you want quality on the 4th line if you can get it, because it comes to matter quite a bit in the playoffs. Other than Darche, that's a pretty feeble fourth line. I say, go get a veteran a la Halpern.

Actually, I really am expecting more out of White then Darche.

I didn't want Halpern back, so am glad someone else picked him up. We need more of a physical presence on the bottom line. Right now we don't need to build the 4th line for the playoffs. Unless we can get a solid PHYSICAL centre who absolutely DOMINATES on the faceoff and can take PK pressure off of Pleks, I'd rather start the season by giving a chance to some of the kids in Hamilton and use less cap room in the process. During the year, 4th liners can be picked up as needed if the kids aren't up to the task.

Moen is still on our first PK unit. And we have less PKers today than we did at the end of the season.

Really, he's hardly keeping a spot from anyone at this point. And his salary is perfectly acceptable as the team is nowhere near the cap.

Twitter rumour from incarceratedbob (?) is that Montreal will trade Spacek or Gomez tomorrow. NYI possibly involved.

Whatever. We'll see tomorrow.

The twitter name sounds pretty dubious, but this would be the best news possible. having $10.8M off the cap would be amazing. It kind of makes sense since I think the NYI are one of the teams that need to hit the floor, but can't sign anyone since no one wants to play for that pathetic excuse for a franchise - Mike Milbury/Charles Wang have done everything possible to tarnish the Isles of the Bossy/Potvin/Trottier era. To use Mad Mike's own description on himself - what a bunch of cockroaches!!!