Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund reporting Montreal is one for 4 teams expecting to have a deal done by the end of this week coming. Edmonton, Carolina and NYI are the other 3 teams.

My guess is Edmonton and Montreal would be making a deal, and knowing how our management works, probably bringing in Horcoff, overpaid and underachieving. This is pure speculation, but Edmonton does have 3 center, 2 are good the other is Horcoff.

It was reported today.

I know. Just having a little fun since his track record with the Habs is spotty at best and his source is a text message he got with no specific reference as to the date it was sent.

The trade freeze starts on the 19th, I believe, so teams have until next Monday to make a deal (or wait till the 29th)

Correct, the roster freeze (also applies to AHL demotions) starts on the 19th. It lasts until the 27th.

Montreal working a trade but do you expect something big.

We have Yannick Weber and/or Campoli right now who can both be dealt. I mean how does either one get into the line-up barring an injury?

We have Yannick Weber and/or Campoli right now who can both be dealt. I mean how does either one get into the line-up barring an injury?

Given our unbelievable string of injuries to d-men last season and this season, I would be in no hurry to move either of those guys unless the return was significant.

Unless there's another injury (bite my tongue), I expect Weber to be dealt this week.

Dealing Weber seems to be a bit counter-productive to me. We have a bad PP and Weber has proven so far this year to be our best trigger man on the point. There were reports of Montreal talking to Brian McCabe, but that was before we got Kaberle. McCabe would be a great addition for the PP as he does have a bomb from the point. Question is will he sign for cheap enough.

There were reports of Montreal talking to Brian McCabe, but that was before we got Kaberle. McCabe would be a great addition for the PP as he does have a bomb from the point. Question is will he sign for cheap enough.

I don't know about anybody else, but I do not want Kaberle AND McCabe on this team. If that's the case, may as well scoop up Darcy Tucker and Mats Sundin while we're at it.

I don't know about anybody else, but I do not want Kaberle AND McCabe on this team. If that's the case, may as well scoop up Darcy Tucker and Mats Sundin while we're at it.

+1

We already have Erik Cole and Kaberle, enough with adding guys with high spot on my "most hated NHL players" list...

+1

We already have Erik Cole and Kaberle, enough with adding guys with high spot on my "most hated NHL players" list...

Yeh, I'm already concerned about Justin Williams joining us.

Not starting shit. Just a rumour I heard from someone I know. Personally.

Here's another one: Crosby will hang 'em up for the year. May retire if things aren't better at the end of the season. I suspect that's less of a rumour, though, and more prudence over someone's life.

EDIT: I seriously hope I've garnered a little more respect here than to be accused of arbitrarily tossing out shit. ;-) I only did that in HWL because everyone there was an easy mark. :-P

Ya know, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Cammy is unhappy. Really, he only seemed really happy in his first year with us (2010). Since then his regular season performance and his overall demeanour have soured somewhat.

It may not be a coincidence that both he and Gomez has sub-standard seasons last year. Gomez was the acknowledged ring-leader of the clique that, during 2010 when this team was finding itself, wanted to play an offence-oriented, up-tempo style. (Gill led the charge in the other direction, eventually winning the argument during the run to the semi-finals). It's possible that Cammy was with Gomez, and that that's one reason that both had morose seasons last year. The team as a whole had bought into what JM was selling, and they hadn't. The difference is that Gomez was SO bad that he is probably genuinely motivated to do better, while Cammy may still be frustrated.

All just speculation on my part...but informed speculation, maybe.

Happy rumour. Cammalleri doesn't want to be in Montreal anymore. Something about the coach...

From Martins' interview with Stubbs a few weeks back, I pretty much inferrred he was referring to Gomez, Cammy, AK46 and possibly Subban.

The question is...if Cammy is to be moved, what kind of return can be expected of him?

I think Cammy has a bit of value. His contract brings it down a bit yet none the less he is a 30 goal a yr guy, right? I would LOVE it if PG get a pair in his stocking this yr and puts them on before they expire and makes a trade for Nash.

Cammy, AK and a 1st has a nice ring to it. I would even give them Gomez with all the sticks they want :P