Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I really do not think I would trade Cammy I know things seem bad. But I would hate to see his clutch and playoff play leave town.

If the Habs make the playoffs no one will remember his regular season if he scored at .5 ggp in playoffs.

Ya, my bad on the addition. I was adding the numbers at eliteprospects and must have missed something. Forgot about capgeek.

But Penner and Brown for Cams and Campoli is interesting. Penner's contract is up at the end of the season. Depends on what they want in addition. A pick I would do - 2nd rounder, tops.

If Penner doesn;t work....fine he walks. We now have 3 top 2 line wingers with Brown, Pacioretty and Cole.......complimenting those small centers. Personally I liked Cammie being clutch but to wait 82 games and such ass just at that chance is hard to stomach some times.

I say no player is an untouchable but love what Gill does. I would part with him if it meant being able to get a guy like Brown but I think Gauthier is afradi to make a big move.

He did bring in kaberle that is a pretty big deal. Brown with cole patch ak is a very good start on a top 6 or nine with eller dd LL and pleks

Always been a fan of Brown. Would love to see him in a Habs uniform and his cap hit is a joke in todays NHL. Just imagine a playoff battle with Brown, Pacioretty, Cole seeing so many minutes. It would be extremely effective.

He did bring in kaberle that is a pretty big deal. Brown with cole patch ak is a very good start on a top 6 or nine with eller dd LL and pleks

I'm thinking it would be nice to see something like:

Ak46-Pleks-Brown

Pacioretty-DD-Cole

Gomez-Eller-Gionta

Could be 3 effective lines with speed and size and grit.

• Upvote 1

If Penner doesn;t work....fine he walks. We now have 3 top 2 line wingers with Brown, Pacioretty and Cole.......complimenting those small centers. Personally I liked Cammie being clutch but to wait 82 games and such ass just at that chance is hard to stomach some times.

Good point on penner i didn't know he was up at years end. I would try to keep cammy as well but no gm takes trash for gold

Always been a fan of Brown. Would love to see him in a Habs uniform and his cap hit is a joke in todays NHL. Just imagine a playoff battle with Brown, Pacioretty, Cole seeing so many minutes. It would be extremely effective.

I'm thinking it would be nice to see something like:

Ak46-Pleks-Brown

Pacioretty-DD-Cole

Gomez-Eller-Gionta

Could be 3 effective lines with speed and size and grit.

I like it!!!! It would be nice to convince gomez to retire and drive the zamboni or a ice girl you know the one that shovel off the ice

The more I think about this, the more sense it makes. Penner, though overpaid, walks at year end and provides some much needed depth on the wing in the meantime - the cupboard is pretty bare in Hammy!

The BIG Q here is whatelse does LA want? I'd bet they're asking for Tinordi or Beaulieu in on the deal. PG won't go there. He could offer one of the other D he just drafted, plus a 2nd round pick...

I do love the thought of Brown in the lineup, he is exactly what is needed. But it is hard to imagine LA trading their captain who is signed to a ridiculously low cap hit and also Mtl trading their best pure goal-scorer. Stranger things have happened though so we'll wait and see.

So... say we get Penner and Brown. That means we will have Max, Cole, AK, Penner and Brown as PF hahaha

We will have completely changed Montreal's identity haha!

We will become a haven for big men lol

I like it!!!! It would be nice to convince gomez to retire and drive the zamboni or a ice girl you know the one that shovel off the ice

You want Gomez to drive ice girls on the ice?

Personally, I don't like it. We need a centre, not another winger. I'd rather the devil you know, so to speak. And I think Cammi is the better option in the long run.

• Upvote 1

There's no way LA would even remotely consider this. Apparently, Cammalleri's term with the Kings previously didn't end too well so now that he makes double what he did then (while producing less), they'll want to trade their captain for him? Adding a Campoli or a Diaz won't help the deal either; if they were to remotely consider it, a much more valuable secondary piece would be necessary, one that the Habs wouldn't want to include.

• Upvote 1

There's no way LA would even remotely consider this. Apparently, Cammalleri's term with the Kings previously didn't end too well so now that he makes double what he did then (while producing less), they'll want to trade their captain for him? Adding a Campoli or a Diaz won't help the deal either; if they were to remotely consider it, a much more valuable secondary piece would be necessary, one that the Habs wouldn't want to include.

How bout Cammalleri and a slick centre from Alaska, for Kings stickboy?

Straight up, I'd would pull the trigger on this deal. AS much as I like Camms, he's small (listed at 5'9") and we all know how the Habs have a tendancy of listing their players 1 to 2 inches taller than they actually are. I ran into Camms at a Toys R Us in Brossard about 2 years ago. I'm 5'10" tall, and there's no way he was 1 inch shorter than me. It was closer to 3 inches.

Anyways, like I was saying, As much as I like Camms, I've seen an ugly side to his personnality this year. He's not the team player I thought he was. We can all agree that Camms has been strugling for the better part of this season, and instead of working harder, he gives up on plays too easily. His attitude is wrong this year. He looks indifferent on the ice.

Brown, on the other hand is bigger (listed at 6' and 208pds), younger and has been pretty steady all his career in point production (50-60 points). He's the type of player we need.

As far as adding a guy like Penner the the transaction, I'd would run away...run Forest RUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penner seems to be a cancer and a lazy bum. He's underachieved his entire career. Yes, he's HUGE (6'4" - 240 pds) but Like I said, he's a lazy bum, and we don't want that! He had the opportunity of playing with incredibly talented players (Getzlaf and Perry) the type which the Habs don't have. How ugly would it be under the constant spotlight of the Mecca of Hockey? Penner In Montreal would be a disaster.

I think dlbalr is absolutely right. THe Kings wouldn'T go for a Brown for Camms deal. It would be sweet for the Habs, but not soo sweet for the Kings.

I think dlbalr is absolutely right. THe Kings wouldn'T go for a Brown for Camms deal. It would be sweet for the Habs, but not soo sweet for the Kings.

I don't get this. The Kings are struggling more than the Habs this year and had even higher expectations. They just fired their coach. They want to shake things up. I have no clue really, but all the King's blogs I read say Brown is not a good captain - he doesn't lead. LA has two star centres and not enough firepower on the wings. Brown is an all round power forward, but not a pure goal scorer like Cammi. If we take Penner off their hands (for 3rd or 4th line depth, just for this year), offer a depth dman (needed in LA) and provide a pick or young prospect, I don't see why LA might not be interested...

And I don't see why Penner has to be a burden - he walks at the end of the year and provides some depth in the meantime. We just called up Blunden for god's sake! Penner has to be better than Blunden.

On the comment that LA wants Defence because they have a bunch of minus players

They might have a bunch of minus players, but its not because the defence sucks... its because they are the lowest scoring team in the NHL. Remember there are two components to +/-, goals for and goals against... if you don't score goals as a team, the team +/- is gonna suck.

On Brown

I'd love Brown, but I think LA still thinks of him as a key piece. He's their captain after all. And like I said, this is a team that needs to score more goals, and he's got offensive skills. He's also the key leader. Trading him would signify massive organizational changes. I don't see that happening soon. They fired Murray because they believe they have a good group on paper still... I bet the new coach gets a chance with this team before they start changing key pieces. Just my gut on this though.

On Cammy

I hate to move him. Playoff Beast. Part of his problems this year is being snake bit... seriously how many posts has he hit... another part is his skating doesn't look right, I wonder if the knee is still bothering him.

I wouldn't do it.... I like Brown, like him a lot, but I'd rather keep Cammy. I think Cammy's poor numbers are partially injury and partially bad luck (he must lead the league in posts). For all his "bad play" he also has 5 pts in 6 games.

Also i don't know if we fit as a trade partner for LA... even after trading Teubert LA has massive wealth of defence prospects... we also are stronger in the system on D than at forward. Doesn't seem to work. LA's biggest weakness right now is goal scoring anyway, not really D

Heard it again this morning, though don't really know what to make of it, since it's from a different source. Because Sutter might be taking over, and because he had Cammi in Calgary, and because Cammi loves LA, this rumour seems to have legs. In return, it's all talk of Brown. (Of course, there'd have to be something else in terms of $$$, but there ya go. If Montreal does something like this and takes Penner, for instance, that's $4M towards contract renewals, anyhow.) Like the situation in Pittsburgh re: getting a sniper for Crosby, it's the same in LA - getting a sniper for Kopitar.

I still don't like it except it does free $$$ for contracts. It doesn't address the deficiency at C, though.

Take it all for what you feel it's worth.

You want Gomez to drive ice girls on the ice?

I think that is false too. I think every Habs fan wants Gomez no where near the ice. Well maybe on a curling ice rink, but then he would be the piñata beaten with brooms

I think that is false too. I think every Habs fan wants Gomez no where near the ice. Well maybe on a curling ice rink, but then he would be the piñata beaten with brooms

No, not every fan. I for one am looking forward to his return as he was looking like he was starting to get things back on track before going down again.

No, not every fan. I for one am looking forward to his return as he was looking like he was starting to get things back on track before going down again.

my bad :(

I do wish he gets back into being Gomez the little $h!t on the ice with the great passing hands of yonder days. But I have not seen that G-Love in 2 yrs now and that is not even the Gomer I liked. My favorite Gummy was the one with Jersy pre-Rag money.