Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Ninimaa's just a throw in for cap considerations - but why would they demand Rivet, Kostistyn and a 1st for a rental? Boggles the mind

agreed. If the habs ever did something this stupid, the entire mgmt team should be fired and made to wait to serve meals to Hould and the habs alumni association. I don't think Houle could ever do something this stupid.....oh wait, he did give away Roy for less then a bucket of pucks... scratch the last sentence.

Ninimaa's just a throw in for cap considerations - but why would they demand Rivet, Kostistyn and a 1st for a rental? Boggles the mind

If this is a true report we can see just how insane the rental price will be for these guys. I mean, Nashville screwed up IMO.

It's market price. Compare what Nagy got and then what Forsberg got. Guerin is in between. Rivet & Niinimaa are to even out salary. And then Guerin costs us a hit or miss prospect. Personally, I wouldn't do that trade but that's what the price is for a guy like that.

Only Ninimaa could be used as a salary weight.

Guerin's earning only 2M.

I wouldn't view it as market price at all. Kostityn and a 1st? Perhaps that's what they might be looking for..But a guy like Rivet isn't there solely for salary purposes and he does have trade value elsewhere.

I really doubt any team will trade a veteran defender like Rivet, a top prospect, and a first round pick for Guerin. When he moves, a prospect and a 1st, maybe.

Prospect = Kostitsyn

1st = 1st

Rivet = mid pick, if we're lucky (to not get any salary in return)

Niinimaa = untradeable - salary dump

Also, if he want Rivet he would return to us next year, I'm sure. That's if he want him back. We might not. If we don't then we might as well trade him now.

By the way, I can see us getting Guerin. Wasn't it rumoured last deadline as well?

I'm digging the current Pierre-Marc Bouchard rumors, as well as the one I've read with Mike Cammalleri suiting up for the red, white and bleu.

Both are gifted playmakers who could make anyone a 30+ goal scorer.

And both rumors involve Souray heading west.. so I hope one of them goes through. They can take Sheldon's 20 goals. And his stupid penalties and costly giveaways too. Let's keep Markov!

By the way, I haven't formerly introduced myself..

My name is Ryan and I really like this forum.

I'm glad to see so many people support my favourite team. Cheers.

I'm digging the current Pierre-Marc Bouchard rumors, as well as the one I've read with Mike Cammalleri suiting up for the red, white and bleu.

Both are gifted playmakers who could make anyone a 30+ goal scorer.

And both rumors involve Souray heading west.. so I hope one of them goes through. They can take Sheldon's 20 goals. And his stupid penalties and costly giveaways too. Let's keep Markov!

By the way, I haven't formerly introduced myself..

My name is Ryan and I really like this forum.

I'm glad to see so many people support my favourite team. Cheers.

Welcome Zore.

I hear ya. Anyway you slice it, the Souray situation is a pickle for sure.

I would love to pry Rolston out of Minny. Since they were also scouting Houston it could be a lot of people.

Rumour has been Bouchard mainly...but we can't forget the other Koivu. Belle would be nice too.

Lots of rumours out there right now. The one that makes my skin crawl is Esche coming to the Habs. Please bob, say it aint so.

dont even worry... it's surely coming from Philly... just like the Aebi for [insert name] we started season long.

guys, get real. Minny is ALL but a seller.

Look at their prospects or up and coming youngsters instead. They wont ship Rolston.

Could be the Habs are looking at Matt Foy in Houston (Minny's farm team). Leading his team in points and a tough SOB to boot. Not as talented as Steve Bernier but a little meaner. I don't think SJ Sharks will give up Bernier for Souray unless the Habs add something else...something good.

I would love to pry Rolston out of Minny. Since they were also scouting Houston it could be a lot of people.

Rumour has been Bouchard mainly...but we can't forget the other Koivu. Belle would be nice too.

belle as been playing for 3 teams already in 3 years. not good at all.

Maybe we could get Vlasic from SJ then??

:rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone posted this but:

"The Canadiens also have interest in Sanderson out of Philly.."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5592

why, why, why, why, why!!!! :?- :blink:

hopefully this is one of those BS rumours.