Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

plus it says Toskala! :puke: it cant be true

Don't panic about these goalie rumours. My guess is that Bob is considering a three-way move, or multiple moves, that would see Aebsicher dealt in return for a position player (or hopefully, a package involving several players) while still securing us a plausible NHLer in net.

Don't think it's a real thing, but one of my friend told me he heard Souray and a prospect to San Jose for Matt Carle and Joe Pavelski. Sounds good for me...

And keep Halak as the #1 for the rest of the season and maybe into the playoffs? That's insane.

Why? Cam Ward had all of 28 NHL games under his belt before leading the Canes to the Cup. Patrick Roy led the Habs to the Cup as rookie. Dryden led the Habs to a Cup with 6 career NHL starts before the playoffs arrived. Sometimes, there is just something about a rookie goalie.

Don't think it's a real thing, but one of my friend told me he heard Souray and a prospect to San Jose for Matt Carle and Joe Pavelski. Sounds good for me...

I would be shocked if San Jose pulled that off.

The Sharks will need to do something, they will have to match Anahiem and Nashville if they want to move on. They have alot of young prospects that could come back. I would take a deal like that. I would try and get EL Diablo "Parker" as well. The Habs need a real heavy weight, i'm tired of watching them getting pushed around every game.

Why? Cam Ward had all of 28 NHL games under his belt before leading the Canes to the Cup. Patrick Roy led the Habs to the Cup as rookie. Dryden led the Habs to a Cup with 6 career NHL starts before the playoffs arrived. Sometimes, there is just something about a rookie goalie.

I agree. The habs have had a lot of luck putting in young rookie goalies in the playoffs - Dryden, Penny, Roy, I think Theodore even did better that one year he played against NJ (habs still lost, but Theo was better then Thibault).

Moreover, I'm much more impressed with Halak's lateral movement and ability to get back into position then i've been with Aebiechar. Abby i always flopping around like a fish out of water and usually gets himself out of position.

Halak also looks WAY more confident handling the puck then Huet or Abby. When either of those two are out of their nets, I can feel knots in my stomach - with the impending doom that something is going to go wrong.

I also don't want the habs make a trade for a goalie, since that is the one position that they are deep in.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

\

That actually sounds like a trade and a seller and buyer trade together for the habs

FROM SPECTOR: SOURAY ASKED TO LEAVE PRACTICE, TRADE IMMINENT?

THE TEAM 990: reports Montreal Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray was asked to leave practice this morning, sparking rumours that a trade may be imminent.

Spector's Note: Hat tip to Shawn Perry, Jonathan Dubreuil and Robin Mongeau. Stay tuned, more to follow...

AC's take: Spector doesn't input trash on his page as a genearl rule. Uh oh!

The Sharks will need to do something, they will have to match Anahiem and Nashville if they want to move on. They have alot of young prospects that could come back. I would take a deal like that. I would try and get EL Diablo "Parker" as well. The Habs need a real heavy weight, i'm tired of watching them getting pushed around every game.

Chris...your after my own heart. Scott Parker is an animal that would do the Habs good. Fighting is creeping back in and getting the former first round pick would be great. Let's face it, Aaron Downey is a good team guy but he's no heavyweight. If (when) Souray leaves we'll have Komisarek left who can throw em. Like it or not fighting is part of hockey and is making a comeback. Doug Wilson loves Parker and don't think he'll throw him in. But ya never know!!

FROM SPECTOR: SOURAY ASKED TO LEAVE PRACTICE, TRADE IMMINENT?

THE TEAM 990: reports Montreal Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray was asked to leave practice this morning, sparking rumours that a trade may be imminent.

Spector's Note: Hat tip to Shawn Perry, Jonathan Dubreuil and Robin Mongeau. Stay tuned, more to follow...

AC's take: Spector doesn't input trash on his page as a genearl rule. Uh oh!

AC, your take is not true though. Spector reports EVERYTHING he's told and comments on it... What's good for his credibility is that he just reports the rumour and his source. What's good about this site are his comments on the rumour... He has good opinions and good contacts to assess the likeliness.

e.g. A caller from CJAD said that Souray was traded - I think it's likely that Souray can be traded

Well looks like Souray aint going anywhere yet that is.

He left the ice with minor injuries.

Eklund is such a dummy he just turned on team990 and says that he is on the phone what a Jerk.

yup, that's the difference. Eklund do not divulge his sources, do not verify the info and make the rumours as "his"...

e.g. Was listening to Radio, took my phone called the broomboy and it's E3 that he's traded... :wacko:

yup, that's the difference. Eklund do not divulge his sources, do not verify the info and make the rumours as "his"...

e.g. Was listening to Radio, took my phone called the broomboy and it's E3 that he's traded... :wacko:

Yeah, very few of EK's rumors turn in real deals. e4 are often right though. e1 and e2 are bullcrap

Still BG knows how much $ Souray and Markov are asking, and will trade souray if he thinks he can't sign him...

If he's to be traded, I want players, not picks! Picks enter the NHL only like 3-4 years after the draft... We need players that'll help the team as soon as next year, like Carle or Bernier or Pavelski.

Edited by Punkned

We'll find something out at gametime, if he is scratched I'm assuming they are close to a deal or maybe even the NHL is looking over paper work finalizing things.

Time will tell but i definitely am liking what i see from the youngsters. I actually saw 2 Habs in front of the net on 1 goal. I think it's the first time for that one.