Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I think the NYR are looking to add Hal Gill as insurance for the playoffs. No idea if Gauthier will take a roster player, prospect or draft pick back.

He must be at least looking at Roster player if hes been scouting them this much.

Doesnt mean it won't eventually be a prospect or pick, but if hes scouting their NHL team, he's at least considering a guy or guys playing in the NHL.... it only makes sense.

I don't mind that as long as the player is a long term solution,, not just this season.

He must be at least looking at Roster player if hes been scouting them this much.

Doesnt mean it won't eventually be a prospect or pick, but if hes scouting their NHL team, he's at least considering a guy or guys playing in the NHL.... it only makes sense.

I don't mind that as long as the player is a long term solution,, not just this season.

Well said. I would assume that Washington was being scouted or why the need to stay an extra night? There was a shot of Gainey at the Leafs game. I don't really see a roster player coming back from a playoff team unless he is small potatoes. The obsession on this board of acquiring a fourth liner role player is mind boggling. We need top end help up front so we should be targetting picks and early high end prospects.

I'm expecting Andrei Kostitsyn to be an LA King by the end of the deadline.Can't see LA having eyes on any available Habs aside from him.

Carolina is going to be a major seller, no reason to ssume any of those guys are here for us and not the Canes.

I'm sure some of those scouts are looking at our guys, but picking out any particular club is difficult.

Carolina is going to be a major seller, no reason to ssume any of those guys are here for us and not the Canes.

I'm sure some of those scouts are looking at our guys, but picking out any particular club is difficult.

Well yeah, but LA has had scouts at every Hab game in the last month it feels like.

I hope this is a sign that PG is doing what he should be doing and doing it right: that is making it known to other GMs who is available and making sure to squeeze every ounce of value out of the deals by waiting till close to the deadline. It helps that the Habs are showing signs of life, but in the end, he needs to have the testicular fortitude to pull the plug and take what he can get.

Heard that Gauthier was all over this guy :

KEEP TWO HANDS ON YOUR STICK!!!

here on the Calgary radio, i heard AK46 says he wants to be traded if he isn't going to get more icetime or get top 6 type of minutes. They also said that AK46 said salary isn't an issue and he is content with salary he is getting here.

Checked Habsinsideout and didn't see any mention of this.

I think its ridiculous the minutes Ak46 is given and I can see him going somewhere else and becoming the 30-35 goal scorer she should be. Its absolutely ridciulous the way he gets his ass nailed to the bench faster then any other hab I can remember. Given the choice of Bourque or AK46, I'd take AK46 in a heartbeat. He is easily the 3rd best healthy winger on this team and its ridiculous how the coaching staff under Martin and Cunneyworth has handled him. In what bizarro world does Darche get almost 5 times the minutes as AK46???

so - with Habs losing 3-1 after 2 periods and pretty much continuing to kill any hopes of a playoff appearance this year ... which Hab will PG trade during intermission?

If we want to trade AK, the coaches should stop devaluing him. Play the hell out of him. Sing his praises in the press. Don't question his work ethic even if it is true.

PG reminds me of the guy selling a car who starts the negotiation with "it doesn't run very well, but if you are interested in it...."

If we want to trade AK, the coaches should stop devaluing him. Play the hell out of him. Sing his praises in the press. Don't question his work ethic even if it is true.

PG reminds me of the guy selling a car who starts the negotiation with "it doesn't run very well, but if you are interested in it...."

You're absolutely right. And isn't trading a 20+ goal scorer when he's soon to be ufa another dumb move?

I've seen a few variations of 'the list,' first time I've seen a certain bolded team on there.

Let's start with Nash's no-movement clause in his contract, which puts him in control. He has reportedly given the club a list of teams he'd be willing to join. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported the list includes no more than 10 teams. The Rangers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Kings and Sharks are believed to be on the list.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254

I've seen a few variations of 'the list,' first time I've seen a certain bolded team on there.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=617254

Would be much more keen to try and sign Parise July 1st, than having to sell the farm + pay the Gomez like salary. But interesting if Habs really are on Nash's shortlist?