Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Au Contraire: I never accepted your vision of what we were doing on that narrow pathway any more than you accepted mine

I give up. It's not a vision. It's the fundamental of sports. The team plays to win. If you don't understand that they're not following your vision, there's not much to say. Your vision is not all that deep. We get it, finish low, hope that the team selects a great young player. I'm not against that.

There are rumblings Geoffrion is called up.  Make of that what you will but I suspect it's in case some of the sick players can't go, not necessarily a trade.  Note that the Habs only announce recalls after 5 PM (aka, smart cap management) so we won't know for sure for a bit.

False report, a dumb reporter mistaked the Habs video coach for Blake Geoffrion and saw him getting on the Habs bus.

False report, a dumb reporter mistaked the Habs video coach for Blake Geoffrion and saw him getting on the Habs bus.

Good, the Bulldogs will need him for as long as they can get him (I've suspected since the deal that he's coming up after the deadline which means they won't have him for long).

I give up. It's not a vision. It's the fundamental of sports. The team plays to win. If you don't understand that they're not following your vision, there's not much to say. Your vision is not all that deep. We get it, finish low, hope that the team selects a great young player. I'm not against that.

You can play as hard as you want. Look you are not doing very good this year. Take care of your assets. Move some veterans, look at your kids otherwise you will be doing the same thing next year. Watch Stevie Yzerman and learn.

You can play as hard as you want. Look you are not doing very good this year. Take care of your assets. Move some veterans, look at your kids otherwise you will be doing the same thing next year. Watch Stevie Yzerman and learn.

From reading this from afar, it appears the discussion stems from the definition of the word 'team.' From reading Habsy, I take it that he's saying the players (the team) are playing to win as well they should be. Players aren't concerned with future picks that could be there in a few years, their mantra is to try and win every night. You can't tell your players to go and lay the proverbial egg all the time (from recent play, they're capable of that without encouragement). From your point of view, you seem to be referring to management as the team. Management should be thinking big picture which makes perfect sense. Barring a miracle, this will be a playoff-less season in Montreal so like Yzerman, make some moves and build for the future. Both can be done simultaneously - Gauthier can be proactive for the future while the 18 skaters and 2 goalies that dress each night can do what their job is, try to go out and win. As trades happen, that becomes more difficult in theory but the players still have to give it their all.

Who are you telling to watch and learn? If it's me, you're taking this site too seriously. You're a nobody, a zero, so are we all. You've added nothing to the discussion by saying take care of assets, move veterans, look at kids. That's obvious common sense. You singled me out for thoughts on another thread. Like dlbalr backed me up on, it's about the players, who are playing to win. I never suggested hang on to vets, trade youth for rentals, all in the hopes of eking into 8th.

From reading this from afar, it appears the discussion stems from the definition of the word 'team.' From reading Habsy, I take it that he's saying the players (the team) are playing to win as well they should be. Players aren't concerned with future picks that could be there in a few years, their mantra is to try and win every night. You can't tell your players to go and lay the proverbial egg all the time (from recent play, they're capable of that without encouragement). From your point of view, you seem to be referring to management as the team. Management should be thinking big picture which makes perfect sense. Barring a miracle, this will be a playoff-less season in Montreal so like Yzerman, make some moves and build for the future. Both can be done simultaneously - Gauthier can be proactive for the future while the 18 skaters and 2 goalies that dress each night can do what their job is, try to go out and win. As trades happen, that becomes more difficult in theory but the players still have to give it their all.

Well said. I never, ever cheer for the Habs to lose. I've been bleeding Habs red for 40 years and it goes against every fibre of my being to do that. But should management maximize assets in a non-playoff year? Absolutely. Besides, I've seen a number of examples of a team selling off assets and actually doing better in the short run, as energetic youth step up. There's no necessary tension here.

Who are you telling to watch and learn? If it's me, you're taking this site too seriously. You're a nobody, a zero, so are we all. You've added nothing to the discussion by saying take care of assets, move veterans, look at kids. That's obvious common sense. You singled me out for thoughts on another thread. Like dlbalr backed me up on, it's about the players, who are playing to win. I never suggested hang on to vets, trade youth for rentals, all in the hopes of eking into 8th.

If you read Dlbairs post he clarifies were we both stand. I agree with him. I singled you out because I had applauded your wisdom previously and pointed out that I don't agree with anybody all the time, and pointed were I disagreed with you. I appologize if i have offended you. I just don't agree with you.

If you read Dlbairs post he clarifies were we both stand. I agree with him. I singled you out because I had applauded your wisdom previously and pointed out that I don't agree with anybody all the time, and pointed were I disagreed with you. I appologize if i have offended you. I just don't agree with you.

No offense taken. This isn't the first time this has come up. The players and coaches won't give up, and I hope they become spoilers, and give the younger players a chance. And hopefully some wins in the process.

I especially hope they prevent the Leafs from making the playoffs in that last game of the year. :pray:

• Upvote 1

No offense taken. This isn't the first time this has come up. The players and coaches won't give up, and I hope they become spoilers, and give the younger players a chance. And hopefully some wins in the process.

Deja vu, all over again! I believe on this board we are all pseudo managers to some degree. I like to believe I am. I deplore waste whether it is opportunity or my kids reluctant to eat their vegetables. I believe to succeed we got turn over all the stones better than the next guy. The competition for success is off the ice as much as on it.

Deja vu, all over again! I believe on this board we are all pseudo managers to some degree. I like to believe I am. I deplore waste whether it is opportunity or my kids reluctant to eat their vegetables. I believe to succeed we got turn over all the stones better than the next guy. The competition for success is off the ice as much as on it.

Get used to it. It's called reality. Unless they start Budaj the rest of the way, and start sitting the core of the team, they're going to compete and win some games. I'm not going to waste my time thinking what might or could be. I'm still going to enjoy it. I've never once questioned the common sense approach that the organization needs to take, the one I believe you called your vision. Anyway, Caps tonight? Hope we win 5-0, with players like Leblanc and Eller playing significant roles.
  • Upvote 1

According to Tony Marinaro, Geoff Molson is the defacto GM of the Habs with Gauthier cast aside. Two sentences earlier, he claimed Gauthier had to keep him apprised of all moves so he's more or less talking out of both sides of his mouth. Then he was quick to suggest that Molson won't do anything overtly to alert everyone of this more or less setting himself up so that he can't be proven wrong. So in other words, nothing to see here...but it's been a quiet day.

Apparently, a big scoop about the Habs will be announced in 10 minutes (6:45 PM EST) on CTV Montreal. If you're near a TV, might be worth having a looksee.

And? Did Schwartz's forget to giveTony Marinaro a dill pickle with his smoked meat sandwich?

According to Tony Marinaro, Geoff Molson is the defacto GM of the Habs with Gauthier cast aside. Two sentences earlier, he claimed Gauthier had to keep him apprised of all moves so he's more or less talking out of both sides of his mouth. Then he was quick to suggest that Molson won't do anything overtly to alert everyone of this more or less setting himself up so that he can't be proven wrong. So in other words, nothing to see here...but it's been a quiet day.

Ha ha, so this is what 'news reporting' has come to :scared: Hilarious.

And? Did Schwartz's forget to giveTony Marinaro a dill pickle with his smoked meat sandwich?

That would suggest he's paying for a sandwich. He has several Italian joints who "advertise" on his program. They probably comp him free food.

Is it true that Pierre Boivin's son is head of Player personnel ? I read that somewhere today.

President Molson

Dir play pers Boivin

GM Gauthier

"Special Adv" Gainey

It's no wonder we're in last and if those above positions stay the same,then we haven't seen anything yet.