Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

@renhockey

Tomas Plekanec agent, Rick Curren said his client is not willing to waive the no-trade clause.

Rick Curren: "We never had a discussion about this. Never. This is not true."

@RealKyper

#SNtrade. Told Plekanec has never been approached to lift his no move clause and hasn't even given a minute thought of leaving #Canadiens.

@renhockey

Tomas Plekanec agent, Rick Curren said his client is not willing to waive the no-trade clause.

Rick Curren: "We never had a discussion about this. Never. This is not true."

@RealKyper

#SNtrade. Told Plekanec has never been approached to lift his no move clause and hasn't even given a minute thought of leaving #Canadiens.

LOL... Since we are in a cone of silence, I expect more made up crap.

Is Pat Hickey usually that frivolous with information?  I don't seem to recall him so willing to post a big rumour like that without some legs to it but I have tried to avoid Montreal media for a while.

Hickey has fallen apart lately ever since the feud with fleury.

Louis Jean ‏ @SNLouisJean

Rick Curran, Plekanec's agent on rumour "I never had a conversation w/ Tomas about a trade. We have never approached Mtl of the sort."

I've been looking into Plekanec' rumour last 3 days. None of the teams I spoke to heard his name. Also told never expressed desire to leave.

Plekanec is our Koivu now. Our perfect 2nd line center. Now we still have to adress the problem we have had since before year 2000... a real no1 center.

Dont want to trade Pleks unless its in a package for one of those at the maximum age of 27-28-ish.

Hickey looks bad, but note that despite the back-pedalling about waiving the NTC, this statement remains intact:

Tomas Plekanec, who has been with the Canadiens his entire NHL career, has been the subject of talks with several teams. While the Canadiens have dropped out of the playoff hunt and are looking forward to next season, they want an established player in return for Plekanec, preferably a winger with some size.

It might be reasonable to infer either that the Habs have some sort of plan to acquire a replacement C this summer, or else they are willing to roll the dice on Eller/Desharnais (!).

It makes sense to me. Plekanec is not a bad player, but he certainly is not a 1st line center. The big problem with him is that he is not a great passer, and he is not very good either at carrying the puck. On the minus side, he has been absolutely terrible in the playoffs for the last two years. On the plus side, he has excellent work ethic and is dependable as a 2nd or 3rd line center.

While I am high on Eller and even higher on Desharnais, dumping Pleks would leave us terribly weak down the middle. I doubt it's true for that reason alone.

It's too early to say which kind of player Eller will become. As for Desharnais, he is not a bad playmaker, but he is unable to carry the puck. Most of his passes are in the crease.

Hickey looks bad, but note that despite the back-pedalling about waiving the NTC, this statement remains intact:

Tomas Plekanec, who has been with the Canadiens his entire NHL career, has been the subject of talks with several teams. While the Canadiens have dropped out of the playoff hunt and are looking forward to next season, they want an established player in return for Plekanec, preferably a winger with some size.

It might be reasonable to infer either that the Habs have some sort of plan to acquire a replacement C this summer, or else they are willing to roll the dice on Eller/Desharnais (!).

A big winger, huh? The Habs' biggest need? No, this sounds like Hickey laying the groundwork for an "I told you so" (or an "Itodaso") by relating (though indirectly) Plekanec to Nash. In the long shot case the Habs get Nash and Plekanec is involved (which isn't too crazy to believe), Hickey can point to this as evidence that the Earth turns around the sun at the precise speed that he desires.

I mean, come on. When do we ever hear of the Habs shopping anyone? This is more about the guy writing the piece than the guy the piece is written about.

How was pleks terrible in the playoffs?? His job was to shutdown the top line - which he did.

It makes sense to me. Plekanec is not a bad player, but he certainly is not a 1st line center. The big problem with him is that he is not a great passer, and he is not very good either at carrying the puck. On the minus side, he has been absolutely terrible in the playoffs for the last two years. On the plus side, he has excellent work ethic and is dependable as a 2nd or 3rd line center.

It's too early to say which kind of player Eller will become. As for Desharnais, he is not a bad playmaker, but he is unable to carry the puck. Most of his passes are in the crease.

• Upvote 1

How was pleks terrible in the playoffs?? His job was to shutdown the top line - which he did.

Big time he new he was scraficing points but he wanted the role.

Now 3 years ago aginst Boston when he played like a girl yes but he is a competitor now.

I don't buy that Pleks is not a 1st line center. Anyone care to explain that to me?

It depends on what your definition of a 1st line ctr is. Pleks averages around 58 pts/yrs. And on pace for that again. That said,he may be the Habs best all around player.

I don't buy that Pleks is not a 1st line center. Anyone care to explain that to me?

1st line centre means top 30 in the league

In no particular order

Spezza

Bergeron

Tavares

Richards (brad)

Staal (eric) (jordan)

Malkin

Crosby

Seuin

Stamkos

Lecaviller

Weiss

Elias

Sedin

Datsyk

Thornton

Coture

Kopitar

Kessler

Backes

Backstrom

Getzlaf

Krejeci

Towes

Carter

O'Reiley

Filpulla

Stasney

Mikko Koivu

Roy

Would any of those teams trade the above players straight up for Plekanec.. possibly

I think he is a top 30 centre for sure

but is he a #1 on a Cup contender I highly doubt it.

So I see that Molson,Boivin jr.,BG and PG are all here in Fla. Scary times for this franchise.

Or just down south for some golf and sun

After are they are all millionaires living the high life.