Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I figure the only players Montreal could move are Sheldon Souray or Craig Rivet. Rivet to Pittsburgh makes some sense, but obviously (see my signature picture) I'd hate to see him go, especially to a team Montreal could potentially face in the playoffs.

You can read some of my other thoughts concerning the upcoming deadline by clicking here.

Read this one on Ekland.

Ducks are today really big players and trying to deal for Souray. The deal I am hearing is Bobby Ryan, a prospect, and a pick.

Don't know why we need another right winger. Maybe for the future, but it seems we are thick on the right wing. Doesn't make much sense to me. The Sharkes trade seems a lot better ... for either a center or a D.

I posted something regarding righthanded shooters in a thread before... to counter your statement just look at Buffalo... and count the number of rightshots : rightwingers turned Centers and Leftwingers there!

I am of the theory we cant get enough right shooters! ( me being one LOL)

Go lefties!!!

Read this one on Ekland.

Ducks are today really big players and trying to deal for Souray. The deal I am hearing is Bobby Ryan, a prospect, and a pick.

Don't know why we need another right winger. Maybe for the future, but it seems we are thick on the right wing. Doesn't make much sense to me. The Sharkes trade seems a lot better ... for either a center or a D.

I don't care which offer makes more sense, this has much better value (and the other "offer" was already very good). Bobby Ryan has superstar potential that none of our prospects have.

Ducks wouldn't give up Bobby Ryan for Forsburg they aren't giving him up for Souray, get real. :rolleyes:

Correct Burke has spoken on the cost for rentals and he is not happy. I doubt he blows the future for anything at all.

http://www.thinkupsports.com/TSN/TSN.html

From TSN.ca, Reports of Gary Roberts signing with the Ottawa Senators in exchange for F Mike Fisher and D Christoph Schubert has taken place.

You Have to admit, it is a pretty legitimate Hoax! :lol::D

Edited by justintb

I figure that they are after a center. Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Mikko Koivu, Wes Walz or Todd White make the most sense coming out of Minny. We seem to want a center.

The problem is that Bob did say that with the injuries the team is difficult to evaluate right now in the PC yesterday. Trades are very difficult for anyone to manufacture right now. Damien Cox from the Star is right. The deadline is too soon.

The best of the bunch is Mikko. We don't want to sacrifice kids but he's only 24. If we get Mikko it would be killer Habs. But, we might have to do some mortgaging we might not like to get him. No doubt the asking cost is Higgins. Hence why there has been no deal. Gainey doesn't need Mikko as much as he needs Higgins. And so it goes again and again between Riseborough, Gauthier and Gainey until tuesday. :blink:

As for Selanne, Burke probably wants Saku for the same reason we want Selanne and is unwilling to give us Selanne. Think about it. Just look at last years playoffs. As far as I'm concerned and I think Burke thinks this too. Selanne is a Stanley cup key player and is grounded in Duckland.

T-minus 4 days.

TRUST IN BOB. STAND PAT OR DEAL AND IT'LL BE GOOD. TRUST!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

http://www.thinkupsports.com/TSN/TSN.html

From TSN.ca, Reports of Gary Roberts signing with the Ottawa Senators in exchange for F Mike Fisher and D Christoph Schubert has taken place.

You Have to admit, it is a pretty legitimate Hoax! :lol::D

Send it to bob mackenzie :D

IT's not so far from reality for I think that roberts his ottawa bound within hours.

Send it to bob mackenzie :D

IT's not so far from reality for I think that roberts his ottawa bound within hours.

Roberts isn't worth Fisher let alone everything else listed though....the Man is 40 with maybe one year left!

Edited by Habitforming

Is it over after the loss to the Islanders is Gainey gonna sell?

Next game againts the Leafs is a crucial game. I think we're still in the race. It would be great to see Gainey make a move to land a superstar, like he did with Kovalev at the end of the year, two years ago.

Some of the things reported today.

Laraque has been told by Coyotes brass that he will be traded and asked him for a list of teams he would lift his no-trade clause too. (Sportsnet)

Zherdev and Berard are healthy scratched for tonights game. (That Eklund guy)

Rob Blake is willing to lift his no-trade clause (RDS)

Zubrus, Zednik and Muir likely to be dealt by Washington. Florida is shedding salary with Roberts, Gelinas and Bertuzzi. Phoenix is also is selling mode with Morris, Boynton and Nolan amoung players available. (TSN)

Sportsnet sez Bertuzzi won't be dealt;

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hear..._bertuzzi_trad/

"Here are two reasons why Todd Bertuzzi will not be moved at the deadline: The Panthers have set the price too high & Bert himself will not see game action before the February 27 deadline."

Not that I'm suggesting we go after him.....

---------------------

Damn online sim leagues... I'm looking at the habs the same way I'm looking at one of my teams...

"Ok. so I'm dealling souray for Pavelski (and more? I dont know pavelski well enough), then I can trade plekanec for Laraque (and maybe more, although i believe the price for big george is quite high), ok, then I turn around and I trade Perezhogin for Berard (or any other puck moving dman who's worth getting)

<

What we get:

legitimate 2nd line center

legitimate brawler who can somewhat play

replacing dman for souray...

other moves :

Rivet for Witt (way more grit)

Kovalev for J. Blake (at least blake can score!)

etc etc.

where do I have to click to make it happen?

OMFG I Can't beleive it

while I don't think coburn will be that great, he's still better then alexei zhitnik

to quote Lindy ruff: this is A joke !

Souray to Anaheim "Growing Possibility Tonight"

That according to a few sources. One Duck's source said to me the rumored deal was Souray for Ryan Shannon, Kent Huskins, Fourth Round pick. I have also heard that Bryzgalov could be involved in the deal. I have also heard the first round pick that came from Tampa tonight is "a necessity." Gotta love the west coast rumors….sleep is for the weak…

That's from Eklund and I don't know anything about Shannon or Huskins. Sounds like we could get lot more of that.

That's from Eklund and I don't know anything about Shannon or Huskins. Sounds like we could get lot more of that.

Ek later stated that Souray to the Ducks was unlikely. He mentioned EDM and the Sharks as possibilities.