Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

it's been talked already in another thread.

schneider would bring leadership in the locker room and I think he'd be a better D than dandenault.

now that being said, if schneider comes to mtl, I hope it's for the right reasons, not just to end his career and enjoy mtl in the meantime.

Oh freakin' sweet, I've been talking about this for a while now and I hope he comes.

The Habs need character and he's got some. Not to mention that he'd be an EXCELLENT addition to the PP.

hehe

it's not anger. I just feel that whenever a member of montreal goes to the john, Roy has an opinion on it.

I understand that jurnalist ask the questions but I don't think that roy tries really hard to avoid them.

Yeah he always did love the attention..... a little too much for my liking!

My favourite was always the English language interview he did on CBC one night several years ago, when he kept stumbling over the word 'focus', which had to say at the very least, some absolutely hilarious consequences..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(But I have to admit that I do like hearing opinions on young players from people who are coaching in the various leagues the prospects are playing in - they get to see them so it helps a bit when gauging/discussing talent? Even if it is St. Patty on his pedestal?)

Edited by beliveau1

Um, he would be better then all the D besides markov. So just don't pick on Dandenault. Your letting others off the hook.

i would still go younger.

euh. no I'd still prefer Komisarek and Souray. anyway I agree with you : let's spend on a young D.

nobody said that esposito isn't a great player but I don't think hes what we need right now. so yes' I think that drafting esposito would be a mistake.

Um, he would be better then all the D besides markov. So just don't pick on Dandenault. Your letting others off the hook.

i would still go younger.

what I meant is that schneider would probably take dandy's spot. he would be a great mate with markov on PP.

nobody said that esposito isn't a great player but I don't think hes what we need right now. so yes' I think that drafting esposito would be a mistake.

I wasn't suggesting we should actually believe what Roy said and hope the Habs draft him - that is up to Gainey fortunately!

However opinions from coaches who get to see prospects on a regular basis are worth noting - but always with 'a pinch of salt' as they used to say!

Oh freakin' sweet, I've been talking about this for a while now and I hope he comes.

The Habs need character and he's got some. Not to mention that he'd be an EXCELLENT addition to the PP.

I bet we'd get him A LOT cheaper than Souray, could sign him, Markov, and another YOUNG, GOOD D and let Souray walk. I know he wouldn't put up as many points on the PP as Souray, obviously, but he'd help, be good in his own end at the same time, and save us more cap space to sign another D or forward...

Ideally, everyone would love to build a young team that has leadership and character but that's not easy to do.

The Habs have so many young guys in the team that an addition veteran presence is good. Especially a veteran presence from a roster player who's won the Stanley Cup. The only person on the current Habs roster to have done that is Kovalev (but it was in 1994!).

Ideally, everyone would love to build a young team that has leadership and character but that's not easy to do.

The Habs have so many young guys in the team that an addition veteran presence is good. Especially a veteran presence from a roster player who's won the Stanley Cup. The only person on the current Habs roster to have done that is Kovalev (but it was in 1994!).

Not to mention that despite his Cup, Kovy's not exactly a shining role model for our kids, nor the veteral presence we hope they look up to

Well despite all the stuff happening in the media with Kovalev, many youngsters on the Habs do say that Kovy is always there to give them tips and to mentor them to help out their game.

Maybe a playoff round this season could have also changed the image around him seeing how he thrives on playoff games.

My bad, I knew I was forgetting about someone. Thanks for reminding me about Dandy Chris.

i just read hockeybuzz an felt like throwing up - this is one time I hope that Ekland is on crack :wacko:

"Brisebois....The Habs may indeed make a pitch to get Patrice back in the fold. The other team I am hearing tied to Brisbois is the Islanders..."

The Isles do sound like a more realistic option since ever since they traded for MA Bergeron, he was their leading scorer. They probably loved what they saw of him and want to add another offensive-minded dman.

As for him coming back to Montreal? I don't even think Patrice is crazy enough to do so. I still won't forget the newspaper article from a couple of years back where he stated that playing in Montreal is like playing with a loaded gun point to your head where the fans could make it worth your while every night or become a living hell.

According to Muller, Souray is the most verbal guy in the room. If we lose him to UFA market, then we have to replace him both on the ice and in the room. Schneider, if his 38 years old body can bear it, could replace Souray both on and off the ice, at a lower cost. He hasn't Souray's rocket shot, but he's more responsible defensively and is a better passer.

Moreover, even if we have 2-3 young D that COULD be NHL ready, one thing's for sure is that we haven't anyone in the farm that could replace Souray on the PP in the near future (say next 2 years).

My point in brief: if we lose Souray, we have to replace him by an experienced D who has leadership and can contribute on the first PP unit. Schneider, among others, could fill that spot.

dandenault was in detroit..i I think he got 2 or 3 cups.

Schneider isn't exactly fast, and he does make some brain cramps, but that's no different than Souray. He's on his way out in Detroit by the looks of things (as in, look at that Kronwall contract plus Lebda and Quincey's emergences). He was a teammate of Gainey, Carbo, and Muller in Montreal. He's a left shot, so he'd likely not replace Dandenault.

I hope we wouldn't break the bank on a 38 year old, but as a stop gap measure you can do much worse.

This is more of a "see how it all plays out first" backup plan.

i just read hockeybuzz an felt like throwing up - this is one time I hope that Ekland is on crack :wacko:

"Brisebois....The Habs may indeed make a pitch to get Patrice back in the fold. The other team I am hearing tied to Brisbois is the Islanders..."

I'm experiencing nausea, headaches; I'm fevered and have the tremors doc - I'm really desperate.

Can you please recommend a prescription, something... anything please???????? :puke: :puke: :puke:

Edited by beliveau1

I'm experiencing nausea, headaches; I'm fevered and have the tremors doc - I'm really desperate.

Can you please recommend a prescription, something... anything please???????? :puke: :puke: :puke:

GO to EUROPE !!! :lol: