Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I would love him to come here and laid out to Carbo the Wing's system blueprint under which

Detroit always plays well and is always a pleasure to watch.......cohesive and tight checking yet plenty of movement and great puck possession, creative, skillful ,......could be an hybrid system between the

Red Army and the MTL Canadien of the seventys......haaa life would be good.

Schneider would be great as long as the contract is short-term. We wouldn't want to get caught with an overpaid, over-the-hill player in 3 years.

One-to-two year contract please!

Only a 1 year contract IMO. Anyone 37 or older is playing year by year. And anyone who signs a contract after the age of 35 is a full 100% cap hit no matter what happens, except for a long term injury (Mogilny). A player aged 35 I could accept a 2 year deal on. But 37 or older? Forget it. Then we're getting into Tampa Bay territory of signing Andreychuk and Burke to multi-year deals post-lockout only to lose $2m in cap space the next season as a result.

Kind of a surprise about Schnieder, but not about Perezhogin.

He's been on the outs for some time in most fans (and likely front office's) eyes

we need more french Canadian players on the team, or rather players that grewup fans of the Habs. we need someone who wants to play here, not someone who gets paid to play here.(ie. Kovalev)

if schnieder wants to come here he would be very welcome

top two defence pairs would be Schnieder/Komisarik, and Souray/Markov

that would be nice

Edited by Davehab

we need more french Canadian players on the team, or rather players that grewup fans of the Habs. we need someone who wants to play here, not someone who gets paid to play here.(ie. Kovalev)

I doubt any of last year's Hurricanes grew up fans of that team. Or this year's Ducks. I know Cheechoo grew up a Sharks fan, but I'm sure he's the only one on that team.

If anything, this year's playoffs have shown what building from within does in the new NHL. Buffalo, Ottawa, and New Jersey all built from within, as did all 4 west teams, though Anaheim and Vancouver to lesser extent (a lot of trades helped out, but they acquired those assets through the draft mainly).

Actually, Vancouver is really odd in that most of their team's core (top 9 F, top 4 D, 1 G) was acquired through trade... Naslund, Morrison, Salo, Pyatt, Luongo, Smolinski, Linden (though there's an unbroken chain of transactions that goes from draft day '88 to present). Even depth players like Sopel, Krajicek, Santala, Cowan (waivers I include in this), Sabourin. Only Bulis & Mitchell are core free agents, and only the Sedins, Ohlund, Bieksa, Kesler, and Cooke are core draft picks. Interesting team, for sure.

I have been patient with Mr. Gainey to make his changes as he is after all one of MY all time favorite Habs.

Now that he has pretty well cleaned up past administrations decisions, he now has a chance to make his mark. I am looking forward to some changes in the lineup and hopefully some changes to Montreal's attitude toward attacking the puck in 2007/2008. He needs to assist Carbo by getting offensive help in coaching to put Montreal's team speed to good use. If Scnieder and Markov are both on Montreal next year I will be much happier. :hlogo: :hockey:

that would be nice

I doubt we'll get both Souray and Schneider. It's one or the other.

that would be nice

I just want the best damn players on the planet - I don't give a rats patootie if they are French, black, Irish, yellow, not a lifelong Habs fan, white, Mexican, spotted, Martian green, American, polka-dotted, European, from Timbuktu or covered with little frickin' red dots..... JUST THE BEST.....

:clap::hockey: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Edited by beliveau1

I just want the best damn players on the planet - I don't give a rats patootie if they a French, black, Irish, yellow, not a lifelong Habs fan, white, Mexican, spotted, Martian green, American, polka-dotted, European, from Timbuktu or covered with little frickin' red dots..... JUST THE BEST.....

:clap: WONDERFULLY SAID Beliveau1 :clap:

Go :hlogo: Go!

:clap: WONDERFULLY SAID Beliveau1 :clap:

Go :hlogo: Go!

:blush: B)

yep :hlogo: :hockey: ONLY THE BEST & NOTHING BUT THE BEST :hlogo: :hockey:

I just want the best damn players on the planet - I don't give a rats patootie if they are French, black, Irish, yellow, not a lifelong Habs fan, white, Mexican, spotted, Martian green, American, polka-dotted, European, from Timbuktu or covered with little frickin' red dots..... JUST THE BEST.....

I would have a problem with a couple of those, actually. I'm sure the other players who shower with them would mind too.

:clap:

Talent isn't the only aspect of a team, as certainly evidenced by this year's Canadiens team. With more consistent effort, the Habs were a sure fire playoff team.

that would be nice

we need players that are proud to play for this team.

there are alot of english or european born players that would be honored to play for montreal.

the last few quebecois players that we had did work too well.

I think guys like lapierre, bégin and latendresse will bring a sense of pride in this team but they will never have the numbers of a guy like vanek or lisdtrom....

as ofr a french superstar...I dont think they really want to come here, the media and fans are too vulture.

I would have a problem with a couple of those, actually. I'm sure the other players who shower with them would mind too.

:D I would probably want to shower first or by myself. But if they can win the Habs a Cup then I don't give a flying__________ what they look like, or where they come from..... :D