Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

21 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I was surprised when his name was even rumoured with Montreal 

I'm sure MB is interested. Just don't know why Jumbo would be - other than using us as a negotiation chip 

I don't see how we're not truly contenders if we were to have added him. Our forwards corps would matchup with every team out there with players like Thornton, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Radulov, Gallagher, Drouin, Lehkonen.... 20 goal scorer Byron... Former 1st liner Danault... Etc. on the team.

Our defense would be weak but we have Weber (Markov) and Price back there.

It won't happen but I think it's the move you try to make if you want to win this year. Hopefully some more, and even better opportunities present themselves at the trade deadline if nothing happens this summer.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I'm sure MB is interested. Just don't know why Jumbo would be - other than using us as a negotiation chip 

Martin Lapointe is now an assistant GM in Montreal. Probably so he can sniff out players doing what he did to Montreal.

31 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Martin Lapointe is now an assistant GM in Montreal. Probably so he can sniff out players doing what he did to Montreal.

Well based on how well player development has gone, I think that being a sniffer may be his only role with the team 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Basically the Radulov/Habs situation is that Radulov wants a long term deal and Montreal doesn't want to give it. Makes me wonder if acquiring Drouin was because they didn't want to sign Radulov long term. Plan was never both.

Lateral moves R us

That Markov rumour is shocking.

45 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Lateral moves R us

That Markov rumour is shocking.

Lol

Do you think the Habs should give Radulov the term he is asking for?

I am really sad to hear about Markov.

12 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Lol

Do you think the Habs should give Radulov the term he is asking for?

I am really sad to hear about Markov.

No, but I'd five him six years before if even consider giving it to Alzner

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No, but I'd five him six years before if even consider giving it to Alzner

I would do five not sure about six though. In the end I don't think Radulov wants to find a middle ground with the Habs he wants to test the market and when he finds out not a lot of teams will be willing to dish out that term I'm hoping he circles back to Montreal.

Alzner is a different discussion.

30 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I would do five not sure about six though. In the end I don't think Radulov wants to find a middle ground with the Habs he wants to test the market and when he finds out not a lot of teams will be willing to dish out that term I'm hoping he circles back to Montreal.

Here's a good question: how many unsigned players circle back to their original teams in free agency? 

36 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I wouldn't sign alzner for more than two years and wouldn't pay him more than $2.5m.  Not sure why he is so valued 

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I wouldn't sign alzner for more than two years and wouldn't pay him more than $2.5m.  Not sure why he is so valued 

His reputation (justified or otherwise) is that he's a premier shut down defender.  At $2.5 million, you'd be asking him to take a pay cut which isn't at all realistic.  He's also one of the top blueliners in a weak market which will help his bargaining leverage.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to wait and throw Markov money at Kulikov first, 27yrs old. I love Markov but.. If Kulikov can be got for 4.5, I' have to let Marky walky.

Im staying far away from Alzner unless he's under 3 million and will permit Petry to talk some smaller liberties.

Kulikov Weber

Alzner Petry

Schlemko Benn

Jerabek Davidson

Mmmm nevermind.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

His reputation (justified or otherwise) is that he's a premier shut down defender.  At $2.5 million, you'd be asking him to take a pay cut which isn't at all realistic.  He's also one of the top blueliners in a weak market which will help his bargaining leverage.

I'd be curious about his advanced stats. The buzz around him seems disproportionate - more a symptom of what you note, a weak UFA class, than his inherent excellence, but maybe I'm underrating what he brings.

2 minutes ago, nihilz said:

Wouldn't it be a better idea to wait and throw Markov money at Kulikov first, 27yrs old. I love Markov but.. If Kulikov can be got for 4.5, I' have to let Marky walky.

I don't think it will take that much to get Kulikov.  He's coming off a woefully awful season.  Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a one year deal somewhere to try to restore his value and in that case, he may look for fit over top dollar.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Oh, I know it's half of what he will probably get.  I just don't value him and don't really consider him a true shut down dman - based on what Ive sen of him.

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think it will take that much to get Kulikov.  He's coming off a woefully awful season.  Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a one year deal somewhere to try to restore his value and in that case, he may look for fit over top dollar.

I'd take a flyer on him. Played on a bad/injured Florida team. A rebuilding roughshot Buffalo squad. He had some back injuries last year. If he's taking less than what Emelin made last year it's worth a gamble.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nihilz said:

I'd take a flyer on him. Played on a bad/injured Florida team. A rebuilding roughshot Buffalo squad. He had some back injuries last year. If he's taking less than what Emelin made last year it's worth a gamble.

He's near the top of my replacement list as well.

37 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Here's a good question: how many unsigned players circle back to their original teams in free agency? 

I'd say not many.

Thanks for shattering my hopes and dreams Lovett!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

But really, for really real. I can't not look for trade possibilities and come back to a Pacioretty package for Tavares. I'm haunted. If we have Tavares & Price signed tomorrow to 8 year 9 million deals. I'll find God.

• Upvote 2