Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

Louis Jean mentioned on TVA that the Blues had offered Robert Thomas and/or Jordan Kyrou for Max Pacioretty.

I would be all over this, especially if it was for both.

I'm not sure how reliable Louis is, but I hope this goes down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EMELINATOR said:

Louis Jean mentioned on TVA that the Blues had offered Robert Thomas and/or Jordan Kyrou for Max Pacioretty.

I would be all over this, especially if it was for both.

I'm not sure how reliable Louis is, but I hope this goes down.

Nevermind he clarified on twitter that they didn't offer this deal even though he said it and apologized for confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah you got to love trade deadline week ever reporter trying to beat the other to a big scoop on a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Ah you got to love trade deadline week ever reporter trying to beat the other to a big scoop on a trade.

I have to remind myself that the Habs don't leak out trade rumors and usually our trades get announced without warning. They got me again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EMELINATOR said:

I have to remind myself that the Habs don't leak out trade rumors and usually our trades get announced without warning. They got me again!

If you want to know what teams we're not dealing with just check out EK, he is never right about the Habs. So when ever  he post a rumor about the Habs just cross❌❌ that player and team off the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling this is going to be the longest week ever ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I have a feeling this is going to be the longest week ever ?

 I have low espectations this week: really hoping for Pleks to be traded but nothing much beyond that

 

All in for Dahlin ! Fulll tank ahead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 I have low espectations this week: really hoping for Pleks to be traded but nothing much beyond that

 

All in for Dahlin ! Fulll tank ahead 

Me to but lost my faith in Bergevin so this week could be scary???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Me to but lost my faith in Bergevin so this week could be scary???

Let's hope he gets a bad flu and is out of commission for the week. 

 

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBrun on Plekanec:

 

Quote

1) The Canadiens haven’t decided for sure what they’re doing with the quality veteran who has played only for the Habs in his NHL career. 2) It’s not clear how excited he’d be to leave. But he has no real say in it. He doesn’t have a no-trade clause. It sure sounds like a Monday decision by the Habs on Plekanec but that can easily change with one phone call.

 

https://theathletic.com/248204/2018/02/21/lebrun-jim-rutherford-may-not-be-done-trying-to-improve-penguins-and-other-trade-deadline-notes/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow, there is no decision.

 

Trade him,

 

If Benn, Schlemko, maybe even petry are on the team after Monday, MB should be fired immediately. 

 

Patches, Galchenyuk and byron should be used to get 2 top 2 centers as well if possible

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Julien plays Plekanec you know he's freaking out over the idea of Plekanec getting traded. Even if Plek could just return in the summer on a $2.5 million contract. But hey he might sign with the Coyotes. Can't risk that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petry has a full no-move clause.  He isn't going anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look around the league.. all the best have two things in common.. 

 

They have at least one good center, and they manage their assets well. 

 

Pleks MUST be traded.. if it's for a 2nd round pick then so be it. 

Trade him to Pittsburgh for Jordy Bellerive or Linus Olund.. 

Trade him to Minnesota for Jordan Greenway or Ivan Lodnia

Trade him to San Jose for Noah Gregor or Dylan Gambrell.. 

 

Then, if he wants to be a Hab next year, you sign him on July 1. You still have Pleks, plus you have a prospect. It's pretty simple. 

 

Failure to trade him would be one of MB's worst moves, and that is saying something.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Failure to trade him would be one of MB's worst moves, and that is saying something.  

You are joking arnt you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DON said:

You are joking arnt you?

 

Nope.

We have seen him make good and bad trades. His staff is terrible. His handling of Raddy and Markov was terrible.

This is a prime chance to show he can manage assets and build something for next year. He’s had a terrible 8 months.. can’t afford a bad deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

 

Nope.

We have seen him make good and bad trades. His staff is terrible. His handling of Raddy and Markov was terrible.

This is a prime chance to show he can manage assets and build something for next year. He’s had a terrible 8 months.. can’t afford a bad deadline.

 

He's had a terrible 12 months... last year's deadline was a disaster.

He'll go back 24 months.... his last real good month was the 2016 deadline when he sold off Weise. 
We have the Subban trade in the 2016 off=season, the disastrous 2017 deadline, a bad 2017 off-season. 

 

He needs to be gone.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the latest 31 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman reiterates that Florida is a stealth team for Pacioretty, says Julien doesn't want Plekanec to be traded, and Elliotte also muses that the most valuable player the Habs have to trade is Brendan Gallagher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

He's had a terrible 12 months... last year's deadline was a disaster.

He'll go back 24 months.... his last real good month was the 2016 deadline when he sold off Weise. 
We have the Subban trade in the 2016 off=season, the disastrous 2017 deadline, a bad 2017 off-season. 

 

He needs to be gone.... 

 

I agree he needs to be gone, but I am believe he'll be back. Does Molson pay him for four years to stay home? That's a big expense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

 

I agree he needs to be gone, but I am believe he'll be back. Does Molson pay him for four years to stay home? That's a big expense. 

 

Its a bigger expense to ruin the on-ice product and farm system, and to need a bigger and longer makeover than we need, with the lost costs of unsold seats, concessions, missed playoffs, less merch, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Its a bigger expense to ruin the on-ice product and farm system, and to need a bigger and longer makeover than we need, with the lost costs of unsold seats, concessions, missed playoffs, less merch, etc...

Habs profited over 90 million dollars last year.... They can afford to swallow the idiots contract. 

 

I seriously can't beilive this guy is going to get another chance at a rebuild with this team. #OnlyInMontreal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

From the latest 31 Thoughts podcast, Elliotte Friedman reiterates that Florida is a stealth team for Pacioretty, says Julien doesn't want Plekanec to be traded, and Elliotte also muses that the most valuable player the Habs have to trade is Brendan Gallagher.

 

There is no sense what so ever in keeping Plex! Resign him no problem but get an asset for him now. What a crap mistake it would be just to sit on him.

 

It would be a bigger mistake to trade Gallagher. Players like him are hard to find and given his age he is part of the core going forward. If he brings us Mcdavid then sure but trading him is a mistake.

 

As for MB being fired? I have no doubt that he will be here next year and I have no doubt that he will make lots of moves this summer. I wish he was fired this second but it isn't happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

 

There is no sense what so ever in keeping Plex! Resign him no problem but get an asset for him now. What a crap mistake it would be just to sit on him.

 

It would be a bigger mistake to trade Gallagher. Players like him are hard to find and given his age he is part of the core going forward. If he brings us Mcdavid then sure but trading him is a mistake.

If cant get a 2nd round pick for Plekanec, why wouldn't you retain him at a much reduced salary? Always liked him as a Hab and again say, would be great to see him retire a Hab.

 

Habs already have a Gallagher replacement in Shaw and as many were clamoring for him to be traded last year, when his value couldn't of been any lower...now it is the opposite and his value likely wont get any higher. Also, who is easier to replace, or do without, Pacioretty or Gallagher?

 

But is typical and fan favourites like Gallagher are seen as untradeable by many, when Pacioretty has been tossed under the bus at one point every year, until he rips off 10g in 10 games and scores a OT goal or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DON said:

If cant get a 2nd round pick for Plekanec, why wouldn't you retain him at a much reduced salary? Always liked him as a Hab and again say, would be great to see him retire a Hab.

 

Habs already have a Gallagher replacement in Shaw and as many were clamoring for him to be traded last year, when his value couldn't of been any lower...now it is the opposite and his value likely wont get any higher. Also, who is easier to replace, or do without, Pacioretty or Gallagher?

 

But is typical and fan favourites like Gallagher are seen as untradeable by many, when Pacioretty has been tossed under the bus at one point every year, until he rips off 10g in 10 games and scores a OT goal or two.

 

Trade him for what you can.

 

If he wants to retire a Hab he still can.  He can be resigned at that reduced salary in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DON said:

If cant get a 2nd round pick for Plekanec, why wouldn't you retain him at a much reduced salary? Always liked him as a Hab and again say, would be great to see him retire a Hab.

 

Habs already have a Gallagher replacement in Shaw and as many were clamoring for him to be traded last year, when his value couldn't of been any lower...now it is the opposite and his value likely wont get any higher. Also, who is easier to replace, or do without, Pacioretty or Gallagher?

 

But is typical and fan favourites like Gallagher are seen as untradeable by many, when Pacioretty has been tossed under the bus at one point every year, until he rips off 10g in 10 games and scores a OT goal or two.

 

Trade and resign Plex...any asset is better than no asset...Why not trade and sign?

 

Gallagher is much more than gritty, scrappy, annoying to play against. Shaw does indeed have those qualities but Gallagher scores and he can do that on any line with any line mates. There are very few players in the NHL that can do what Gallagher does.

 

Patches for me at least has never been about trading him because of his play. I suggested before the season started that we should trade him because he has significant value and he can get us a helpful return and hopefully he still can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...