Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

8 mill for duchene is fine. 

I thought it would be 10 which i wouldn't have liked. 

Consider Hayes got over 7 

Stone is getting $9.5M, and for one year longer. I expected more than that for Duchene. A discount for the Predators?

Lee for $7.5M?

14 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

8 Mill is a good deal for the Preds, we all kinda saw that coming once Subban was traded.

I think our current group of centres will be just fine and Lee and Gardiner fill more holes on the roster than just Duchene.

Agree, again. Let’s just hope that Lee and Gardiner do turn out to be the outcome. I have a gut feeling about Lee, but Gardiner is harder to imagine, after all the crap he’s had to eat in TO.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree, again. Let’s just hope that Lee and Gardiner do turn out to be the outcome. I have a gut feeling about Lee, but Gardiner is harder to imagine, after all the crap he’s had to eat in TO.

I think he might be really intrigued about getting the opportunity to play with a real number one D in Weber. A guy that can carry the defensive load and the pairing and let Gardiner just do his thing, he has never had that opportunity in his time with the Leafs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

8mil for Duchene thank god we didn't pay that for him. Lee I had mentioned his name a few days ago so looks like I beat EK to the punch on that one if we do sign him ?

I would gladly pay 8 million for duschesne. 

This whole Jake Gardiner thing really seems likely now with all the different reports coming out on Twitter. I'm hoping playing with a Stalwart like Weber at his side, it really brings out the effectiveness of his game and he becomes another Petry on the Right side for us. 

I am also very happy to see all the Simmonds to Montreal talk die off over the last few days, that was getting nerve wracking.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I would gladly pay 8 million for duschesne. 

But the question is would it be 8mil here in Montreal. You're for getting about the taxes in Montreal.  Duchene would of been closer to 11mil here

59 minutes ago, Metallica said:

But the question is would it be 8mil here in Montreal. You're for getting about the taxes in Montreal.  Duchene would of been closer to 11mil here

Um... no... 9 and a bit.... not 11.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'm hearing two things

1) Habs are making space for Gardiner and Lee

2) Habs are making space to offer sheet Sebastian Aho. 

I think Gardiner and Lee would be perfect for our needs and I will be ecstatic if that happens.

8 mil for Duchene sounds cheap considering what others have gotten.

6 hours to go

8 hours ago, Link67 said:

I am also very happy to see all the Simmonds to Montreal talk die off over the last few days, that was getting nerve wracking.

It was mentioned in Friedman's piece that the Habs had sniffed around.  If anything, I'd suggest yesterday's Shaw trade makes a Simmonds signing more likely, not less.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It was mentioned in Friedman's piece that the Habs had sniffed around.  If anything, I'd suggest yesterday's Shaw trade makes a Simmonds signing more likely, not less.

I do hope you are wrong (about Simmonds) ...

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I’d be so upset if all this hype was for Wayne Simmonds.. (5 years ago I would have loved it).

Shaw > Simmonds these days. 

If it isnt Lee, Gardiner or both, count me as disappointed, and a little weary of Bergevin’s decision making for the first time in about a year.

From Scott Powers of The Athletic:

Teams have reached out to the Blackhawks regarding Jokiharju, according to multiple sources. The Montreal Canadiens are believed to be one of those teams. It doesn’t sound like the Blackhawks have any interest in moving Jokiharju, though.

https://theathletic.com/1056471/2019/07/01/powers-how-andrew-shaw-fits-the-blackhawks-roster-thoughts-and-last-minute-free-agency-talk/

I've been reading reports that MB has been talking with Carolina. IF that's true do you think Bergevin could be trying to do a Drouin for Aho trade?  Would we need to add a pick??  

What do you think? 

22 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I've been reading reports that MB has been talking with Carolina. IF that's true do you think Bergevin could be trying to do a Drouin for Aho trade?  Would we need to add a pick??  

What do you think? 

Offer sheet for $9.5 by Habs done (put in free agent thread).

fake tweek

45 minutes ago, REV-G said:

What do you think? 

Probably multiple first-rounders would need to be added from Montreal's end.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Probably multiple first-rounders would need to be added from Montreal's end.

Drouin + 2x 1st round? That would still be a win for us. The odds of a random 1st-round pick turning out as well as Aho are not all that high.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Drouin + 2x 1st round? That would still be a win for us. The odds of a random 1st-round pick turning out as well as Aho are not all that high.

next year is a "stack pick" year, draft in Town and all