Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

25 teams, at least, are interested.  Who is Priskie interested in?

It sounds like Carolina is the top contender at this point which is an odd choice for someone who wants to get NHL time quickly.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Hayden Hawkey must be a fairly desirable free agent now too, right?

I think he should get some interest but he turns 25 partway through this coming season which may scare a few teams off when it comes to his upside.  He looks more like a 3/4 goalie than a possible backup now.  It's telling that the Habs didn't try to sign him before trading him to Edmonton and then the Oilers didn't even offer him a contract.  I wonder if he'll have to settle for an AHL deal as a result. 

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

My buddy who moved to Winnipeg for work says Bergevin is in town with Martin LaPointe and Trevor  Timmons.... anyone see / read/ hear anything on this?

If true ... there must be a major deal in the works to send three of the top guys there in person. Whether anything comes of it we'll see, but it's at least nice to see some activity this month.

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I've looked everywhere online... nothing suggesting they are in winnipeg. 

Where would you look to find such specific information?

It seems a strange rumour anyways. 

I mean when Drouin was traded... we didn't go to Tampa and Yzerman didn't come to Montreal. 
When Subban for Weber went down there was no flights for management. 
Same for Pacioretty, Domi, etc... all of our recent big trades. 

its 2019, why is anyone flying to Winnipeg to make a trade? Just get on Skype/Facetime/Zoom etc....

So I think someone was just pulling your leg on this rumour. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

its 2019, why is anyone flying to Winnipeg to make a trade? Just get on Skype/Facetime/Zoom etc....

I'm officially starting a rumour that they are visiting Winnipeg so that we can buy the Jets and make them our ECHL team since we don't have one (we may have some call-ups after we do that).

Let the rumours fly:

On twitter posted at 4:27pm Aug 16th.

If you are Bergevin and Kevin Cheveldayoff offers you Patrick Laine for Max Domi + Josh Brook ..... do you do it ? #habs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chips said:
Let the rumours fly:

If you are Bergevin and Kevin Cheveldayoff offers you Patrick Laine for Max Domi + Josh Brook ..... do you do it ? #habs

Personally I don’t. 

For one, although Domi Isn’t the pure goal scorer Laine is, I’d argue he’s actually the better all around player at the moment (the Laine could blossom in the next couple year.

Second, Brook has high potential to be a legit top 4, 30+ point D man. 

Third, Laine’s struggles last year are flashing a few warning lights for me. I get that he has superstar potential but he also has enigma potential.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chips said:
Let the rumours fly:

Nope.

Max Domi is our best forward and finally fixed our centre problems, plays a solid game and is a guy  you win with. Laine is a player you add to play with Domi.

Josh Brook is our best defensive prospect and hopefully Weber’s replacement when the time comes.

I’m not sure if I would do Domi for Laine straight up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Max Domi is our best forward and finally fixed our centre problems, plays a solid game and is a guy  you win with. Laine is a player you add to play with Domi.

This. Domi is not only playing great, but he has such a positive, winning attitude that is bound to rub off on his teammates. And that's very much not Laine. If we could ave Laine playing with Domi it would be great, but I would not happy swapping the two.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Gym registries.

Lmao

As for Laine... he "struggled" last year and still scored 30. Has already scored 30 in 3 straight seasons with 44 in his sophomore season. He's 21 years old. HES A BEAST.

With that said, I dont  think Domi is the guy they'd want because Domis looking to get paid as well after next season. Its more likely a poehling or Suzuki going the other way with a D prospect and a 1st rounder or 2nd round depending on the d prospect... 

6 hours ago, Chips said:
Let the rumours fly:

yes, he is three years younger at 21 and has 110g already, so i think is better than Domi and Brook is just an unproven prospect.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Lmao

As for Laine... he "struggled" last year and still scored 30. Has already scored 30 in 3 straight seasons with 44 in his sophomore season. He's 21 years old. HES A BEAST.

With that said, I dont  think Domi is the guy they'd want because Domis looking to get paid as well after next season. Its more likely a poehling or Suzuki going the other way with a D prospect and a 1st rounder or 2nd round depending on the d prospect... 

I basically guarantee they’ll need a proven roster player going back. Drouin at the least 

Its a tough deal, and if we didn't have the centre depth in Kotkaniemi, Danault, Poehling, Suzuki, I'd say no cause we've looked for a #1 centre for so long.  

but I think I would do it at the end of the day. 

Its just hard to trade the centre for the winger, but hey Laine is better long-term I'd say (even though Domi had more points last season). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, much as I love Domi, Laine is a potential superstar. You make that deal.

Agreed... gotta get that Superstar scorer if you can..

Kots can slide up to the 2nd line role..