Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

15 hours ago, Commandant said:

Winnipeg is in win now mode.  I don't think they want prospects or picks. 

They also have 17.5 million in space right now... (though they'd need three more forwards even after Laine and Connor)

17.5 million  and 5 forwards to sign. 2 of them "want" 10+ mill each.

Domi will get 8 if he can repeat LY success.

Maybe it is Drouin and his affordable 5 million. he and Ehlers can re unite.

Nonetheless I'd have to believe 5+ million would be the max salary going the other way 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

17.5 million  and 5 forwards to sign. 2 of them "want" 10+ mill each.

Domi will get 8 if he can repeat LY success.

Maybe it is Drouin and his affordable 5 million. he and Ehlers can re unite.

Nonetheless I'd have to believe 5+ million would be the max salary going the other way 

By the time Domi gets to RFA the cap will have gone up.   The Jets will also be out from Kulikov's 4.3 million which is an over pay and can be replaced cheaper.  Lets say they replace him at the same level. 

3 of those forwards will make a total of under 3 million.   Probably closer to 2.5 or 2.6, but lets say 3. 

They'd have 14.5 million + cap increase in 2020 for both Domi and Connor.  Not an issue. 

The jets are in win now mode.  They want talent. 

Well, if by some miracle the Jets are (a) dumb enough to trade Laine and (b) dumb enough to prefer Drouin over Domi, why, we should be all over that like Ron Hextall on Chris Chelios.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, if by some miracle the Jets are (a) dumb enough to trade Laine and (b) dumb enough to prefer Drouin over Domi, why, we should be all over that like Ron Hextall on Chris Chelios.

100%

If you can build a trade around Drouin being the main piece you do it. I like Drouin and still think he can be a impact player but like we all know Laine could become a superstar.

Domi I’m definitely very hesitant though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

how about a trade where we send Drouin for Connor? What would that look like?

21 hours ago, ehjay said:

how about a trade where we send Drouin for Connor? What would that look like?

Is like comparing Apples-Oranges, players arnt in same ballpark.

Connor 75g 123pts in 1st 2 years.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Is like comparing Apples-Oranges, players arnt in same ballpark.

Connor 75g 123pts in 1st 2 years.

Sry if that came across as a 1v1 trade, I would imagine WIN would want something else with Drouin but I also think it would be less then what they would want with Drouin for Laine.

I just don't know what MB would have to give up in that trade or even if it would take a 3rd team to make it happen

11 hours ago, ehjay said:

Sry if that came across as a 1v1 trade, I would imagine WIN would want something else with Drouin but I also think it would be less then what they would want with Drouin for Laine.

I just don't know what MB would have to give up in that trade or even if it would take a 3rd team to make it happen

I'm not sure that Connor would be all that much less expensive than Laine.

31 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I'm not sure that Connor would be all that much less expensive than Laine.

High Qc taxes have me being frugal more and more lolllll I want give less anywhere these days for fair value :D

(expand edit)

Connor I think might be a good fit too. Man can play C/W sounds good. Laine got the badman Shot but from what I saw (last year the few WIN game I saw), Connor seems to have a bit more sand paper (heart) in in his game. With whatever it might cost less, I take Connor if I can swing a deal between the 2

Drouin had his golf tournament and a couple tweets came out about him calling up Ducharme and working on some of his struggles from last year, also did a bit of work with Julien as well.

Its promising to see him admit his faults and actively trying to improve.

I remember reading an article on Nathan Mackinnon about how the last couple years he made an effort to start doing the things that separate good players from elite players. And he has absolutely broken out to a top 5 player in the league with this mindset as before just trying to get by on his skill alone just wasn’t getting him there.

I think the same can happen for Drouin if he decides to take up this mindset because the skill is there. Now I’m not saying he will rise to a Mackinnon level but at least become the guy people thought he would be when he was drafted.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

When I saw this thread bumped, I thought it might be for this:

I wonder what they're still discussing...we know they made a big move last September.

Given that I'm one of the inexplicably small number of Habs fans who actually thinks MB should have done something to improve the team, I sure would welcome a September surprise. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

My guess is that they take on a contract from a team who needs room to sign one of their rfas 

The question is.

Will they get an actual player for super cheap?

Or are they taking on a bad contract and adding prospects and draft picks.

• Upvote 1

A minor note - apparently the Habs were interested in signing Gaetan Haas over the last year or two.  He mentioned that there was a team that tried to sign him last summer but he didn't have an opt-out in his contract.  Considering the amount of turnover down the middle over the last year, I wonder if Montreal was that team that was trying to get him back in 2018.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/swiss-forward-gaetan-haas-could-fill-the-3c-hole-for-edmonton-oilers/wcm/b1ed91c8-da71-42ff-a458-5a5f9b1d9db2

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Two things:

1) Apologies for the forum outage yesterday.  We're trying to update some stuff but it hasn't been going as well as we'd hoped.  It's still being looked at.

2)

There goes that..

Surprised MB didn’t come in with a. higher offer than Carolina.