Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DON said:

Give it to him (formerly) Mr. Potato-Head!:hammer:

🥊 🥊 Put them up, *jab* * hook* *jab* 🥊🥊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

they have weak prospect pools now, but I think they had OK depth at the beginning of their dominant runs. They traded some of their prospects to patch holes in their lineups

 

The point is that its almost impossible to do both... keep filling the prospect pool so it stays strong while also contending.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely appears to be a bit of a sellers market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Definitely appears to be a bit of a sellers market.

 

I don't think they get a 2nd.  I could see a third and a conditional pick (depending on individual production/team playoff success) but the optics are different with Kovalchuk than anyone else given that he was available for free six weeks ago.

 

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

 

Quote

13. There’ve been a lot of rumours about Max Domi, but I did have one source call them “Fake News.” (The source wasn’t Donald Trump.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

 

I don't think they get a 2nd.  I could see a third and a conditional pick (depending on individual production/team playoff success) but the optics are different with Kovalchuk than anyone else given that he was available for free six weeks ago.

Scandella cost a 4th six weeks ago. Circumstances change. Pay up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Scandella cost a 4th six weeks ago. Circumstances change. Pay up.

 

I know values change but Doug Armstrong can justify paying the higher price tag with the 50% retention.  Had Buffalo done that, they would have gotten more than a 4th initially.  Kovalchuk being a free agent (and starting to slow down lately) is going to linger.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting to see the return on Petry and Tatar 

 

I's be happy with a 2nd in 2021 for kavalev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kovachuk, lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I don't think they get a 2nd.  I could see a third and a conditional pick (depending on individual production/team playoff success) but the optics are different with Kovalchuk than anyone else given that he was available for free six weeks ago.

 

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

 

 

 

The optics on scandella were that he was available for a lot less 6 weeks ago too....  its the same optics IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

 

The optics on scandella were that he was available for a lot less 6 weeks ago too....  its the same optics IMO.

Bergevin just got a 2nd for scandella. If he gets Bergevin a 2nd, then kovalchuk gets him a 1st.

 

This is for all the Bergevin lovers on here well done Bergevin 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

 

 

This is for all the Bergevin lovers on here well done Bergevin 👍

 

I'm just quoting so I have a historical moment captured on my profile 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

I'm just quoting so I have a historical moment captured on my profile 

Hey I had to go take a cold shower after I felt sick 😎🤒

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado has interest in Tatar according to  Avs beat writer. 
 

Not sure how much steam this has but would love Conor Timmins + in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also reports saying MB won't move tatar or petry because he wants to be in the hunt for playoffs next year

 

Hopefully that is not the case 

 

Avs gruebauer is also out long term 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EMELINATOR said:

Colorado has interest in Tatar according to  Avs beat writer. 
 

Not sure how much steam this has but would love Conor Timmins + in return.

 

I'm assuming this is the source on that one?  Dater breaks the odd thing but he is also wrong a ton.

 

 

Tatar is also mentioned here but Kiszla is more of a columnist than a beat reporter.

 

A request to everyone - please post the links as to where you're finding reports from.  It makes it easier for everyone to see rather than having to go dig it up themselves if they want to find out where it's coming from.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I'm assuming this is the source on that one?  Dater breaks the odd thing but he is also wrong a ton.

 

 

Tatar is also mentioned here but Kiszla is more of a columnist than a beat reporter.

 

A request to everyone - please post the links as to where you're finding reports from.  It makes it easier for everyone to see rather than having to go dig it up themselves if they want to find out where it's coming from.

 

Yeah that’s the one. Thanks for the link. also, noted 📝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on what Coleman got.... (and yes, his contract is 1.8 per year)... if the Habs retain 50% on Tatar, you have to be able to get at least the same package.  Tatar is just a much better player than Coleman.  And yes that includes the PK prowess of Coleman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bergevin can't get a 1st for kovalchuk, I will package the 2nd round pick we just got from St.Louis along with kovalchuk for a 1st round pick coming back to us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

If Bergevin can't get a 1st for kovalchuk, I will package the 2nd round pick we just got from St.Louis along with kovalchuk for a 1st round pick coming back to us.

 

Youre probably better off waiting to the draft to trade 2 2mds for a first.  Then you only move up if the guy you like is available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Youre probably better off waiting to the draft to trade 2 2mds for a first.  Then you only move up if the guy you like is available 

If Montreal offers teams Kovalchuk and a 2nd round pick for a 1st, they don’t need to wait tell the draft. If they wait tell the draft Kovalchuk value becomes useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Bergevin and Mellanby were at TB/COL yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tatar would be good in Colorado, for something like Timmins and a 1st. ... or for Newhook and a 1st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...