Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Ok, I am not the best at reading french and google makes a mess of it (maybe someone else could clarify) but "sly" at:

http://montrealhabstrade.blogspot.com/

has these rumours. Please take with a grain of salt. These are all over the board.

The Habs are concerned about Koivu and are desperately trying to secure a replacement. They are anxious to see how Grabovsky makes out and if he is capable of playing in the NHL this year. He could centre Kovalev and Samsonov with Ribs between Ryder and Higgins. If Grabovsky and Koivu do not pan out then worst case scenario is having Kovavlev turning to centre between Samsonov and Perezhogin/Latendresse.

Gainey is really working the phones and has made offers to SJ and Toronto!

Gainey has offered Souray, Ryder, Plekanec & Kostitsyn for Marleau and Bell. If accepted, then Gainey also signs Leetch.

Gainey has also offered Toronto (this one blows my mind)...Rivet, Ryder, Huet and Chipchura for Sundin and a 2nd round pick.

The Habs have also made offers to Philadelphia for Gagne but Gainey prefers a centre. the rumoured offers to Philly are:

Montreal has offered Souray, Ryder and Chipchura for Gagne and a 2nd round pick.

Philly wants Ryder + Perezhogin or Emelin + Higgins for Gagne. ( not sure this is accurate translation) or Markov, Ryder and Price for Gagne and Pitkanen.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Ok, I am not the best at reading french and google makes a mess of it (maybe someone else could clarify) but "sly" at:

http://montrealhabstrade.blogspot.com/

has these rumours. Please take with a grain of salt. These are all over the board.

The Habs are concerned about Koivu and are desperately trying to secure a replacement. They are anxious to see how Grabovsky makes out and if he is capable of playing in the NHL this year. He could centre Kovalev and Samsonov with Ribs between Ryder and Higgins. If Grabovsky and Koivu do not pan out then worst case scenario is having Kovavlev turning to centre between Samsonov and Perezhogin/Latendresse.

Gainey is really working the phones and has made offers to SJ and Toronto!

Gainey has offered Souray, Ryder, Plekanec & Kostitsyn for Marleau and Bell. If accepted, then Gainey also signs Leetch.

Gainey has also offered Toronto (this one blows my mind)...Rivet, Ryder, Huet and Chipchura for Sundin and a 2nd round pick.

The Habs have also made offers to Philadelphia for Gagne but Gainey prefers a centre. the rumoured offers to Philly are:

Montreal has offered Souray, Ryder and Chipchura for Gagne and a 2nd round pick.

Philly wants Ryder + Perezhogin or Emelin + Higgins for Gagne. ( not sure this is accurate translation) or Markov, Ryder and Price for Gagne and Pitkanen.

Rather see Daze come in with no trade, if he holds together for a month or 2 Koivu may be healthy.

This brings up my bitching for the day....

How the hell is Williams off the hook for this? Why was it not reviewed by the league? I know this will bring some grumbles from pacifists out there, but I really hope somebody lays this bum out big time. Ever since the Beruzzi/Moore incident this has been considered taboo, but an eye for an eye anyone? If the league wont do anything somebody has to. They brought in these new rules trying to stop this from happening, but it happened, was over looked and needs to be addressed. I understand Gainey calling for restraint in the playoffs, but the first match with Carolina this season better see somebody man up and straighten this punk out.

yeah nasty... I'd just burn that bookmark. You'd need to take lot's wife with that site.

lol, good idea...I have already burned a couple...this one was good until this post.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

here is another one for you. :P

A proposal has been made between the 3 teams. Gainey has approved the trade. So have the Nucks. Waiting on word from Lou of this is going down...

Montreal would get... Ryan Kesler, Sami Salo, Ivan Khomutov

Vancouver would get Brian Gionta, Sheldon Souray, Alex Mogilny

Jersey gets Michael Grabner, Juraj Mikus, Maxim Lapierre.

Vancouver would have to follow this by making deals to get under the cap. Jersey gets 2 good prospects and Lapierre who would crack their line-up this year. Montreal gets a good centreman, a good defenceman, and a prospect. This is a DONE DEAL if Lou says yes.

I dont like any of these rumours. Especially any that involve Plex or trading D to get D.(Particularily because i dont know how good Salo is)

:hlogo:

I still dont like rumours involving Souray. Id take the Gagne Pitkanen trade in a heartbeat if we could sub Rivet and 2nd or sumthing instead of Markov.

:hlogo:

Eklund added a bit to the Habs Devils rumour today:

"Trade rumors continue to swirl around the Devils and Habs. One source said it this way, "The word is that Carbs feels the team needs a face, and a leadership core. There is a feeling that Gionta could be a part of that, and the Devils may also be intersted in Aebischer."

Eklund added a bit to the Habs Devils rumour today:

"Trade rumors continue to swirl around the Devils and Habs. One source said it this way, "The word is that Carbs feels the team needs a face, and a leadership core. There is a feeling that Gionta could be a part of that, and the Devils may also be intersted in Aebischer."

Why in the bluest of blazes would Aebischer be interested in going to NJ to get even less games behind Brodeur :blink:

Edited by riker

Why in the bluest of blazes would Aebischer be interested in going to NJ to get even less games behind Brodeur :blink:

He has no say in the matter. He very likely would hate going to NJ, but there's nothing he can do about it if he were traded there.

these trades are ridiculous. Sure, we need a center and possibly some more "grit" but why get rid of the youngsters? Trade the Rib and his salary and bring in a hungry young guy who's willing to go in the corners!

He has no say in the matter. He very likely would hate going to NJ, but there's nothing he can do about it if he were traded there.

True.

My question would be why would NJ want Aebischer when they have Brodeur? And surely Montreal could get more for him by peddling him to a team that needs a proven starting goalie, and not just a solid backup.

Seems to be a busy day on the rumour front...here is the latest from Code (involving the Habs)

1) The Habs have had interested in Gomez for a long time, but they are going after Briere and Marleau.

They also have Lang as their back-up plan.

2) The Habs are in talks with a few teams. I posted above the following players they are looking at. All the other stuff, that's just other "bloggers" just making stuff up to get Habs fans to come visit their site.

It's extremely hard to get anything from the Habs front office. I did recently get a really great Habs source who is really close to the front office, so when I read the stuff reported, and asked about it, the person just laughs it off as an (e1).

3) It does. Remember, the Canucks aren't the only team after Gagne. Even though they are the frontrunners for Gagne, being that the Flyers would like to land Naslund, the Habs are interested in him and so are the Caps.

4) With the Habs, they come out of nowhere and land big time players, so I'm not going to put percents on it. I'll say this though. They have as good as chance as any of the other teams looking to land them.

5) *Surprise with regards to the 3-way trade rumour involving the Habs/Devils/Canucks..."No truth to this rumor. Someone felt like playing fantasy hockey and posted it."

6) They Devils rather trade off Gionta than keep Gomez. Just remember that. Are the Habs interested. Of course, just like the rest of the teams out there. But they aren't going after him.

7) Regarding the fact that Gainey and Carb said they would not make any changes..."The Habs aren't going to tell anyone what they are doing. Just like every other GM, they'll give you the default answer to your questions."

8) Buffalo wants a lot for Briere. They want a package in the likes of what the Oilers got for Pronger. The Sabres always pull this move. The Sharks want a top 2 defensemen in return for Marleau. Lou just wants young NHL ready players who don't cost a lot.

9) The Caps are interested in Bonk, so it wouldn't be hard to dump him if the Habs land a top center.

I will edit post if anything else comes up.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I understand Gainey calling for restraint in the playoffs, but the first match with Carolina this season better see somebody man up and straighten this punk out.

I couldn't agree with you more! And then when he highsticked Markov??? If I don't see Begin, Murray, Komisarek, and Souray going after this guy, I think I'm gonna lose it again!

these trades are ridiculous. Sure, we need a center and possibly some more "grit" but why get rid of the youngsters? Trade the Rib and his salary and bring in a hungry young guy who's willing to go in the corners!

Now all we need to do is get Mike Milbury hired as GM of a team that possesses that young hungry forward.... :)

Alright well this stuff about Koivu retiring cuz of that vision stuff..umm he still has 2 eyes...Berard plays with one..why would periferal vision in one eye effect his game that much..HE STILL HAS THE OTHER lol

Totally different situations. Berard's game is all about his shot on the PP. He has always been an average defender with a great shot. That's what he's always been.

Saku Koivu's game relies solely on his vision. He is a playmaker. He has to be able to see the whole ice in order for him to be successful. You can't play center in the NHL if you can only see your right wing and not your left wing (Might be the other way around, don't remember off-hand which eye was injured). If Koivu does not regain his peripheral vision, he will either have to become a winger or retire. A center with one eye is no good to anybody.