Canadian Olympic poll

JoeLassister

Canadian Olympic poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer as a Canada fan for the 2010 Olympics Games ?

• Canada finishing 1rst overall in terms of medals and both Canada hockey teams with the bronze or silver.
    • Canada finishing wherever in the standings in terms of medals and both Canada hockey team with the gold.

I picked the medals. Hockey is my main interest in the Olympics, but Canada isn't necessarily my favourite team. I also like Russia, Czech Republic and Slovakia (and Sweden and Finland). I don't care that much who wins.

I like the fact that I can take the next couple of weeks completely off sports. Good luck Canada. Good luck Hockey Team Canada. I don't care enough to watch.

Check that, I bet that Russian team is going to be dynamite to watch. If there's nothing better going on when they play, I might take a flyer.

hahahahaha I asked some friends the same question (not on this board)

the results would be something like 18 - 1 for option B.

Nobody cares about our overall ranking. HOCKEY MATTERS !!!

I look at it this way - I'm a Canadian and thus will cheer for all Canadians in the Olympics. For many of the athletes participating, this fulfills a lifelong dream, something they've worked hard at for so many years now. To simply say, "As long as Canada gets hockey gold, who cares about the rest?" simply doesn't seem fair considering what these other athletes have put in with regards to their time and effort. The more success stories, the better.

I look at it this way - I'm a Canadian and thus will cheer for all Canadians in the Olympics. For many of the athletes participating, this fulfills a lifelong dream, something they've worked hard at for so many years now. To simply say, "As long as Canada gets hockey gold, who cares about the rest?" simply doesn't seem fair considering what these other athletes have put in with regards to their time and effort. The more success stories, the better.

By that logic, you shouldn't be cheering for any country in particular, because every athlete who goes there have put in the time and effort to make it to the big stage. Of course, this is ultimately what the Olympics are *supposed* to be about... I'm not really sure why they make it a country competition as well as an individual/team competition.

No one has said who cares about the rest.

We just care about hockey the most. Seperate things.

No one has said who cares about the rest.

We just care about hockey the most. Seperate things.

I know, I'm not saying people on here in particular, but in general - heck, I'm the only one in my house who remotely cares about how Canada does the rest of the way. (To the point where they've even said the quote I referenced earlier).