Habs @ Kings GDT - March 6th, 2010

bar

I'm scared they are gonna keep sticking back instead of pressing forward.

Side note...it bothering anyone else how Weekes is pronouncing Canadiens? I know it's the more official sounding way but damn...haha cut it out!

Edited by bar

3 of 4 is on track to make the playoffs. Now do you put Price in tomorrow or Halak? Halak won tonight...looked a bit shakey...I'd probably go with Halak, he looks like he needs to get back into the game.

Edited by bar

Haha he has such a dry sense of humour...love it!

When you look at the big picture...injuries have robbed us of a full season, but when healthy... Plek/AK/Cammy and GPG lines...are very good IMO. The third line is coming together with Laps/Moen/Moore (I hope he gets resigned, just what they needed). If you had a line of White/Pyatt/Darche/Metro for the fourth line, next season looks promising.

Edited by bar

3 of 4 is on track to make the playoffs. Now do you put Price in tomorrow or Halak? Halak won tonight...looked a bit shakey...I'd probably go with Halak, he looks like he needs to get back into the game.

He looked shaky?????!!!!!

Not according to Hrudey and Healy in the postgame. They absolutely love him and don't understand why he didn't get a star. No 3 goalposts tonight and still only 2 goals allowed. While they praised Price for his last 2 games, they out and out said that Halak was the better goalie. Two former NHL goalies - I think they know what they're talking about.

BTW that move by Kopitar almost always ends up in a goal. The guy is skating faster and beats the goalie to the far side. i saw Glen Anderson score a goal like that against Patrick Roy in the forum once. The only possible defense against it is the poke check, and then you can get beaten like Miller was by Crosby in the Gold Medal overtime. (I've watched that goal in super slo-mo on my PVR a few times and I'm convinced Miller thought Crosby was going to the net a la Kopitar tonight. He was completely "not ready" for Crosby's shot.)

The 2nd goal was not the greatest, that I admit. But Halak made the saves when he had to.

And just like you, I'd probably go with Halak but for a different reason: because he gives us the best chance to win.

(Now that Halak is no longer our Olympic enemy, I'm back in his corner.)

LOL,, great interview by Gomez...

One thing he said is true: we need every damn point we can get. This is it. They are either starting their run to the playoffs now, or it's "see ya next year." We can't afford any more losing streaks. We need to win most of our games.

So Carey beats Boston, and is first star against San Jose, and we've got the same boring goalie commentary. From the same people in these parts. I didn't miss this during the olympics. Is that all there is??

He looked shaky?????!!!!!

Not according to Hrudey and Healy in the postgame. They absolutely love him and don't understand why he didn't get a star. No 3 goalposts tonight and still only 2 goals allowed. While they praised Price for his last 2 games, they out and out said that Halak was the better goalie. Two former NHL goalies - I think they know what they're talking about.

BTW that move by Kopitar almost always ends up in a goal. The guy is skating faster and beats the goalie to the far side. i saw Glen Anderson score a goal like that against Patrick Roy in the forum once. The only possible defense against it is the poke check, and then you can get beaten like Miller was by Crosby in the Gold Medal overtime. (I've watched that goal in super slo-mo on my PVR a few times and I'm convinced Miller thought Crosby was going to the net a la Kopitar tonight. He was completely "not ready" for Crosby's shot.)

The 2nd goal was not the greatest, that I admit. But Halak made the saves when he had to.

And just like you, I'd probably go with Halak but for a different reason: because he gives us the best chance to win.

(Now that Halak is no longer our Olympic enemy, I'm back in his corner.)

sorry, but this is really getting to be to much... we understand how much your in love with halak but seriously im starting to just skip your posts cause its always the same thing... i know i stressed the importance of getting MAB off the def and fourth line for a week but halak??? we've all witnessed his emergence this year, as well as his impressive olympics against the best of the best, we understand he's really starting to show his gift u dont need to drive it home every chance u get.

there is no controversy here. halak has been the guy for like 2 1/2 months now. with that said it could easily have been 8-2 SJ if not for price.....

IF WE WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS WE NEED BOTH!!!!!!!

goalies which ever ONE is in I repeat is not the problem.... it's which team shows up in front of them!

Edited by IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

So Carey beats Boston, and is first star against San Jose, and we've got the same boring goalie commentary. From the same people in these parts. I didn't miss this during the olympics. Is that all there is??

Mmhm.

How's this for perspective: Cammy is now the tenth player to go at least ten consecutive games without playing due to injury.

Edited by ForumGhost

sorry, but this is really getting to be to much... we understand how much your in love with halak but seriously im starting to just skip your posts cause its always the same thing... i know i stressed the importance of getting MAB off the def and fourth line for a week but halak??? we've all witnessed his emergence this year, as well as his impressive olympics against the best of the best, we understand he's really starting to show his gift u dont need to drive it home every chance u get.

there is no controversy here. halak has been the guy for like 2 1/2 months now. with that said it could easily have been 8-2 SJ if not for price.....

IF WE WANT TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS WE NEED BOTH!!!!!!!

goalies which ever ONE is in I repeat is not the problem.... it's which team shows up in front of them!

Well, you won't need to skip my posts anymore. I just knew I would draw a flurry of negative responses when trying to defend Halak. You guys seem to miss all the positive posts about Price. (There were at least *5* after the San Jose game). You're fed up of the argument only after I post. Why wasn't there any comments directed at Bar when he went on and on about how great Price played? If sociologists ever needed any proof of the herd instinct, they just have to come here.

I mean this is a discussion board, so people come here to discuss things. I brought up the point...back to back games...Price has looked better in his two games than Halak did last night, wasn't saying one goalie was better than another, wanted to know who people thought would get the start in tonights game.

Well, you won't need to skip my posts anymore. I just knew I would draw a flurry of negative responses when trying to defend Halak. You guys seem to miss all the positive posts about Price. (There were at least *5* after the San Jose game). You're fed up of the argument only after I post. Why wasn't there any comments directed at Bar when he went on and on about how great Price played? If sociologists ever needed any proof of the herd instinct, they just have to come here.

All I said was that Halak looked shakey tonight, and he did, there was no mention of my 'on and on' about Prices play? I don't know what you have against Price, but you're seeing stuff that isn't there. We have these questions all the time...back to back game...do you go with the hot hand, or with the goalie that won.