Habs @ Leafers | Game Thread

6-7 truly elite goalies. Let me guess:

Miller, Lundqvist, Ward, Vokoun, Luongo, Kiprusoff and Hiller? Those are 7 goalies who have pretty consistently elevated their teams more so than the other way around (Hiller's new to this list, so tough to tell right now).

Pretty close :)

No Kipper for me. His stats declined every year in his supposed prime in Calgary and then

miraculously bounced back with the return of Sutter as coach.

Before 2010 his SV% dropped from .933 - .923 - .917 - .906 - .903 AND a GAA rise from 1.70 - 2.07 - 2.46 - 2.69 - 2.84.

This is what I wrote on my blog in Sept.

"So although the stats say that Kipper is getting worse, the appointment of Brent Sutter and the acquisition of Jay Bouwmeester say otherwise. Everything is set up for Kiprusoff having a monster year."

If I called his return to All-Star form after 4 straight declining seasons, it says that he is a product of his system.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, seriously? You are still arguing? Like a top 6 of Gilmour, Loob, Macdonald, Fleury, Hrdina and Nieuwendyk? Our top 6 averages the same or bigger. I still say the only truly big team to win the cup in forever years were teh Ducks. Big guys are great to have, and have a huge advantage in breaking the defense. They can take hits and give them. Is a massive top six absolutely neccessary? No.

It doesn't matter what anybody says, he has made up his mind and isn't even listening, so why bother?