Devils @ Habs GDT: March 27th, 2010

bar

I had to laugh at our feeble attempt with Halak pulled. When you consider the onslaught Buffalo threw at us with Miller on the bench the other night. Not even close...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough, but expected loss when you don't pull out all the stops against NJ and you give them a lead. Our extra man strategy is terrible since it relies completely on the teams ability to win battles for the puck. We usually dump it in and never establish control. It usually ends up in our net eventually, as it did last night.

I am not really surprised they lost last night, but this is why losing those key games earlier in the week is so brutal. Had they hung on in buffalo and beat the leafs, they would be sitting pretty right now. Instead, we are losing at the wrong time and turning this into a desperate battle for 7th or 8th place. I won't be surprised if we end up playing the leafs on the last night for a playoff spot, which will be a nightmare.

As for people afraid to meet the devils in the playoffs, I don't see us beating NJ, Washington, or Pitts. Buffalo will be a huge challenge too given how Miller plays. Let's face it, we are not a true playoff team yet. I just hope they can maneuver themselves into a decent first round matchup and make it to the second round.

Washington is the easier team of the top 4. At least we match up better. Lets not forget couple years back the bruins/habs match up. Playoffs is whole other animal. How drastically different is this game without that Halak babble on the first goal? If the habs had of scored in that initial 4 min flurry? Not making excuses for anything, but I do not see it as dire as some people make it out to be.

The players or Martin or a combination didn't wake up in the 1st to address the 2 on 1 forecheck. Also, the Devil's challenged our attackers with a 2 on 1 defence. In the 2nd period the Habs started sending in 2 defenders deep to counter the 2 man forecheck by the Devil's and in the D zone responded by having 2 defenders in close proximity to the 2 Devil attackers.

It's not rocket science and I was pleased they finally adjusted but....too little too late.

Back to making the postseason the hard way :angry:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I won't be surprised if we end up playing the leafs on the last night for a playoff spot, which will be a nightmare.

I sure hope that by the last game of the season we will have secured our playoff spot...I don't want to see the Habs miss the playoffs cause of the leafs again!