Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Moen - Moore - S. Kostitsyn
Pyatt- Metro - Bergeron

Defence:
Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Halak

This is the line up from Wednesday. I suspect Metro will be back in, Laps out, but for now go with this til confirmation of lines for tonight. Edited by bar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what as happen to Laps .....he as become useless and should be moved in the off season....What happen to all the fan that what him to wear the C :rolleyes: ..

but i really thought he was a usefull player and was going to be our thrid line C for years to come...its sad how bad he as become..i think he needs a new start..

what as happen to Laps .....he as become useless and should be moved in the off season....What happen to all the fan that what him to wear the C :rolleyes: ..

but i really thought he was a usefull player and was going to be our thrid line C for years to come...its sad how bad he as become..i think he needs a new start..

:lol::clap:

I agree he's been next to useless this year, but I think it'd be foolish to give up on him so soon. His level of efficiency has consistently spiked and dropped throughout his career, so it's not too crazy to hope that with the right coaching he'll rise again and hopefully maintain a consistent level. That being said, Metro is a much better option than Laps at this point.

:rolleyes:

He went from being trusted by his coach, get PK time and playing with Lats and Kosto; to being thrown in the dogout right from the start, getting no PK time at all and playing with, who? Laraque, MAB and all the other castoffs we had to use with all the injuries. I can deal with Martin not liking Lats, Chips and givings all sorts of chances to Pacioretty, Metropolit, D'Agostini; but the way he's handling Laps is one case where Martin's playing favorites just makes no sense. Especially when considering that Tom Pyatt gets every sort of break imaginable despite having all the upside of a hole in the ground. What's Laps supposed to do to earn Martin's trust, that's what I'm wondering. He cut down the indiscipline, bad penalties and defensive blunders, he's more aggressive in the offensive zone, he goes to the net. What else does Martin wants?

Nice thread bar. I had just started developing one. Too late :P

Glad to see Lapierre sitting again. I am a fan but that's secondary considering what is on the line and his recent play.

And once again, here's Charlie Kischel:

23016523.png

"Kill 'em, Kill the B_st_rds!"

"You oughta put some ****in' Downy in these jerseys, Charlie".

:rolleyes:

He went from being trusted by his coach, get PK time and playing with Lats and Kosto; to being thrown in the dogout right from the start, getting no PK time at all and playing with, who? Laraque, MAB and all the other castoffs we had to use with all the injuries. I can deal with Martin not liking Lats, Chips and givings all sorts of chances to Pacioretty, Metropolit, D'Agostini; but the way he's handling Laps is one case where Martin's playing favorites just makes no sense. Especially when considering that Tom Pyatt gets every sort of break imaginable despite having all the upside of a hole in the ground. What's Laps supposed to do to earn Martin's trust, that's what I'm wondering. He cut down the indiscipline, bad penalties and defensive blunders, he's more aggressive in the offensive zone, he goes to the net. What else does Martin wants?

U just dont end of in the dog house for no reason...you cant blame the coach for laps losing his job because his being out work by other players...I dont think martins is playing favorites because he didnt know any of the players and they all start off frensh in his books this year..laps as just been really bad this year..he dont look like he cares...pyatt as look way better most night then laps....Its on laps now to earn his spot with the team..i like him alot but iam not blind to how bad his been this year...

I agree Lapierre has had the work ethic lately. He is driving to the net but there are no results. His ethic is there but he seems to be on the wrong side of the puck/play far too often lately. That suspension has really thrown him off albeit it's not his fault. It sucks to be in his situation but it is what it is...

...IMO

U just dont end of in the dog house for no reason...you cant blame the coach for laps losing his job because his being out work by other players...I dont think martins is playing favorites because he didnt know any of the players and they all start off frensh in his books this year..laps as just been really bad this year..he dont look like he cares...pyatt as look way better most night then laps....Its on laps now to earn his spot with the team..i like him alot but iam not blind to how bad his been this year...

Please. Right from the start of the season Laps got the PK taken away from him in favor of Gomez and Gionta. Martin made tons of questionable calls pertaining to his use of such and such player this year. How can anyone explain the 1000 chances D'Agostini got this season despite never showing 1% of an ounce of desire? And Pyatt? Dont make me laugh. Go out in your street, kick down the nearest trashcan you'll see and there'll be a dozen of Pyatts coming out. Guys with zero skill or offensive talent who make it to the NHL because they developed some aptitude at playing anti-hockey and therefore earns the favors of some coach clinging to his antiquated 90's trap system has very little to no respect in my books. I'll take an unpredictable passionate player with upside over a bland run-of-the-mill plumber any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But hey, I'm not the flatlined archaic golem behind the Habs bench, so dont mind me. I'll just be over there counting down days before Guy Boucher finally comes over to give us a modern system and a modern approach to personnel management.

Kozed... what scares me is that we lose Boucher to another organization. As Martin has a long contract. Sure he'd like to coach the canadiens one day. But money talks.

Kozed... what scares me is that we lose Boucher to another organization. As Martin has a long contract. Sure he'd like to coach the canadiens one day. But money talks.

I know. And Martin is Gauthier's buddy all the way back to the Nords days. I just pray that Boucher can be patient and enjoy the AHL for the 2 years it'll take for Martin to be exposed and lose the players and medias.

I think the biggest difference between Pyatt and Lapierre is that the former knows his role while the latter either doesn't or isn't willing to conform to that role (which granted has changed a lot). When I watch Lapierre, I see several different versions - the one who plays physical, the one who tries to bring the offensive game to the table, and the one who doesn't seem to much of anything out there. Stability is key for Martin and Lapierre for whatever reason hasn't provided it; with Pyatt, you know what you're going to get, there's not a lot of variation between the high and low end of his play. Although a lot of us question some of Martin's decisions, Lapierre can't be completely absolved of the blame either (nor is it on him completely) - he isn't bringing the same play he was last year when he was quickly becoming a core part of the team on a consistent enough basis.

Lapierre certainly could benefit from a change of scenery; although some may want Boucher up soon, it ain't happening. There's too much of a cost (coming out of Molson's pockets) when you consider 2 head coaches are already being paid. If I were a betting man, Lapierre will be dealt before there's a coaching change - my gut tells me he will not be with the Habs by training camp.

On a game note, the Devils can clinch the playoffs tonight, a little motivation on their part.

Please. Right from the start of the season Laps got the PK taken away from him in favor of Gomez and Gionta. Martin made tons of questionable calls pertaining to his use of such and such player this year. How can anyone explain the 1000 chances D'Agostini got this season despite never showing 1% of an ounce of desire? And Pyatt? Dont make me laugh. Go out in your street, kick down the nearest trashcan you'll see and there'll be a dozen of Pyatts coming out. Guys with zero skill or offensive talent who make it to the NHL because they developed some aptitude at playing anti-hockey and therefore earns the favors of some coach clinging to his antiquated 90's trap system has very little to no respect in my books. I'll take an unpredictable passionate player with upside over a bland run-of-the-mill plumber any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But hey, I'm not the flatlined archaic golem behind the Habs bench, so dont mind me. I'll just be over there counting down days before Guy Boucher finally comes over to give us a modern system and a modern approach to personnel management.

lmfao take it easy man your talking about 2 4th lines guys....i dont really care to be honest as long as we are winning..But thanks for the laught... :lol::lol::lol:

Regarding Laps, I wonder how much the intangibles cost him - we don't know what he's like in the dressing room or on the ice. What we do know is that he's a flaming ass in the face of the opposition consistently. That can be a good thing. But when it boils over to your own team, not so good. He's already been involved in a couple of small incidents we've heard about in practice - so the question, for me, begs: is he a disruptive aspect of the club? If so, no wonder Martin has no confidence in his consistent play.

KoZed I do not see your vision of Laps. Not this year anyway, his play has regressed. He doesn't hit, he doesn't even aggitate anymore. Pyatt forechecks, he hustles. I may be wrong, but your version of Laps and mine do not match.

KoZed I do not see your vision of Laps. Not this year anyway, his play has regressed. He doesn't hit, he doesn't even aggitate anymore. Pyatt forechecks, he hustles. I may be wrong, but your version of Laps and mine do not match.

My version of Laps this season is alot like what dlbalr said: a guy who shows a bit of everything but dont seem to know what his role is supposed to be. He's got too much offensive potential to play inside a very limited role like Pyatt (check, dump, check, dump) and not enough scoring potential to get lengthy tryouts on top lines like Dago and Pacioretty received on silver plates.

But hockey players dont change overnight. Just like I never lost faith in Plekanec last season when everybody was ready to dump him fort a 4th, just like I always had faith in Halak back when he was an obscure 21 yrs old afterthought, just like I kept saying Ribeiro had too much potential to be given up way before he eventually got traded; I still haven't lost an ounce of faith in Lapierre. He's one of the hardest worker in the training room, he was basically the only forward who showed up every night last season, the speed, big mouth and little offensive extra is still there. It just needs to be exploited.

The only difference this year is Martin, plain and simple. Martin is the reason Lapierre is regressing, for the right or wrong reasons. Dont get me wrong, I'm from the school that the coach is the boss and that players needs to conform to the system. But I'm also of the school that it's a coach's job to know how to get the maximum out of each and every player. This is where Martin is failing because we all saw last season that, if given responsabilities and ice-time Lapierre can be a sparkplug and a momentum shifter, two things we've sorely lack this year. Its not like Laps looks to have lost all confidence, taking awful shots or just getting rid of the puck as if it was a live-grenade -- signs of a player who dont want any part of the game, like SKost and Dago earlier this season -- but he does plays like he's confused as to what his coach wants to be satisfied. Maybe, as Colin said, there's something off ice... but all I've heard is that Laps is a training room addict and he pushes too much in practice, things that would be good marks on work ethic. So it goes back to Martin not really knowing how to utilize Laps to get the best out of him. The really sad thing is this Habs edition can be so emotionally flat in so many games, Laps could be the exact missing piece to get this team a notch higher.

Kozed, you cannot just blame a coach for players lack of skill/talent/agressiveness/intensity, it is up to the player to show that im sorry but you are completely off with Lapierre.

Right now Pyatt>Lapierre

Sorry it's just reality

Kozed, you cannot just blame a coach for players lack of skill/talent/agressiveness/intensity, it is up to the player to show that im sorry but you are completely off with Lapierre.

Right now Pyatt>Lapierre

Sorry it's just reality

You can't completely make abstraction of the coach either. Sorry, it's just reality.

PS: Koivu plays for the Anaheim Ducks now.

My biggest gripe is KoZed is maybe Laps is being treated unfairly, but he's not making the most of his chances, whether he's bitter at his demotion or what, but when he does get his chances, he's playing with the same passion as last year.