New line combos today

dlbalr

Quiet day and no more games for 2 more days, so we need to find something to talk about. So, the new line combos from today:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn

Darche - Gomez - Gionta

Moen - Moore - Pyatt

Pouliot - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

If nothing else, I like the balance and the fact the 4th line has some scoring potential. Unfortunately, given Martin's propensity to roll 3 lines, that may be negated somewhat. Also interesting to note that Bergeron's not in there nor on the D pairings, though La Presse's lines had Maxwell-Bergeron as a 4th defence pairing. (On that note, can Maxwell please go back to Hamilton already? We're wasting cap space and the Bulldogs are undermanned to the extent that they can't ice a full lineup).

2 games of note tonight on the scoreboard watch, Atlanta hosts Carolina while the Bruins host Buffalo.

There's a limit on the amount of callups you can make post-deadline, I remember reading about that before. I think that might be why Maxwell has stuck around.

Yep, 4 recalls per team max (Article 13.12(l)(i)). We're at 2 currently, both Maxwell and have healthy scratches at both positions. I think they'd be safe sending one of Maxwell/Pyatt down if they're concerned about the limit, though probably not both until closer to season's end.

I think the team does better with a line up as above. When Martin rolled 4 lines without (MAB) that was the best they looked all year, much better balance, a semi checking line.

I certainly hope they practiced special teams, they have been awfull the 5 games.

Bufalo and Carolina can certainly help the habs tonight.

I am waiting for the habs to help themselves to a few wins this week.

Well, I'd have liked to see Pouliot on the 1rst (or 2nd depending how you call this line) for the entire season, creating chemistry with Gionta and Gomez. Guess Martin doesn't like his play without the puck, cuz his offensive contribution can't be the cause of his "demotion" with 9 pts in 13 games.

Yep, 4 recalls per team max (Article 13.12(l)(i)). We're at 2 currently, both Maxwell and have healthy scratches at both positions. I think they'd be safe sending one of Maxwell/Pyatt down if they're concerned about the limit, though probably not both until closer to season's end.

What's the likely overage when you don't include the bonuses that will not be achieved, including Price's?

Well, I'd have liked to see Pouliot on the 1rst (or 2nd depending how you call this line) for the entire season, creating chemistry with Gionta and Gomez. Guess Martin doesn't like his play without the puck, cuz his offensive contribution can't be the cause of his "demotion" with 9 pts in 13 games.

Ya, I don't get moving Benny down. WTF.

What's the likely overage when you don't include the bonuses that will not be achieved, including Price's?

Hard to estimate since I don't have too many specifics on the clauses within the deals. We have about $85,000 that will come off no matter what (guys like Carle, Weber, etc who were called up but didn't hit their bonuses). I still say about half of Price's 'A' bonuses won't be hit (so about $425,000 there, no idea on the 'B' ones. I'm not sure Pyatt will hit all of his, nor Sergei Kostitsyn, and I know Maxwell when he was down was projected to miss some of his. In the end, the cumulative deduction could be anywhere from $500,000 to I suppose the ~ $1.3 mil we're currently over.