Should we re-sign Metropolit?

Love the guy. It all depends on his shoulder and what the team looks like mid-summer. At that point they'll see if they can fit in a useful player for $1 mil or less. I can't see him being scooped up too quickly July 1st. But you never know, he played well this season for the Habs.

Tricky question. I personally would. But the question is cap versus reward and will we even have enough cap space left to get this done after addressing everyone else that's important.

Only in a cap world could one possibly say, "We couldn't sign a guy for peanuts because of the cap".

Strange this cap thing. This cap life :lol:

I love Metro, but when he's another year older, will he be as effective? I'm not huge on Laps, but if he bounces back next season, and Moore is re-signed, there's no spot for Metro.

But really, we've got to see what money is left after the key players are re-signed.

No, although he is a good player, everyone can't get a raise on this team and still be under the cap.

I would rather sign Moore as a 3rd line center to play with Moen, then sign a physical, tough 2 way LW to play with them. A Torres type player.

If Lapierre can pull his head out of his a## he may win the 4th line center spot between Pyatt and White.

Pyatt, White, Subban and probably 1 more young player will make the team to get them under the cap.

No. He's weak 5 on 5 and we caught lightning in a bottle with his PP prowess. Work with Lapierre and maybe Trotter can step up and fill that PP role (another RH shot).

Signing Metro is the kind of move you make when your team is good enough as is. Newsflash: it ain't.

Nevertheless, I still think it's too early to really be discussing next year's team. Both the NHL (well, one would hope) and AHL teams have playoff runs to factor in.

If have the space left over, I would love to have Metropolit back. (That being said, Moore comes first.)

Was nice while it lasted Glen, but the 4th line is for cheap hungry kids.

Yeah, that makes sense in theory...but we saw with the acquistion of Moore and the expulsion of Laraque and D'agostini that these bottom-6ers can make a significant difference to team performance. And Metro, if he re-ups at $1 mil, is only marginally more expensive than 'kids.' So unless we have kids who are clearly ready to step into a responsible 4th-line role, this argument leaves me less than convinced.

I'm not sure if your joking or not BC, but it is the truth, the 3rd and 4th liners besides Moen are not truculant or tough at all. It's even worse when thye put MAB on a line.

From articles i read the new GM likes truculance and those types of players for the bottom 2 lines. So we'll see if he does something about it.

I was joking a little, but no honestly, I like Moore a lot, and much as I like Metro, (Unsung hero award for sure.) the team needs some sandpaper. White plays a gritty game, and I like him a lot.

Yea, I would like to see Torres Moore Moen, Pyatt White on the 4th with a center like an Adam Mair, Meyers, someone in that mold. Someone like Lapierre pretends to be.

Yep, i think they both bros are. A deal like the Phoenix Colorado deal, 2 for 1 top 6 guy.

Gomez line stays intact,

I think they'll move a goalie,

I think they'll move Hamrlik or Spacek

I don't think they'll resign Pleks

That is my position

Yep, i think they both bros are. A deal like the Phoenix Colorado deal, 2 for 1 top 6 guy.

Gomez line stays intact,

I think they'll move a goalie,

I think they'll move Hamrlik or Spacek

I don't think they'll resign Pleks

That is my position

It will be one or the other. Either Plex will be signed and a goalie moved, or Plex will go bye bye and both goalies will stay. I don't see anyone bighting on Hammer or Spacek, as much as I think that one needs to go. Kosty's won't be traded.

We'll see, there is a new GM in town and i don't see a reason to keep a 500 club together. I like the core vets that were signed, they are a pretty good team, not good enough to do any damage in the playoffs. Which should be the goal.

They are still too soft, too small on the bottom 2 lines.

Subban will really help the slow footed D out, plus an extra offensive Dman will certainly help.

If we assume one of Hammer and Spacey is gone we are left with: Markov, OB, Gorges, Subban, Gill, HamSpace. Would you see maybe moving of Gill/Gorges/OB?

A different player than Akost would be fine with me. Could Pac be ready for such a role next year after his AHL seasoning?

I don't know, I actually think Hammer will be moved, he only has 1 more year left on his contract, I really don't have a problem with Gorges Gill pairing, i think they are a really good bottom pair. Markov and O"Byrne are fine, Then i think you have Subban Spacek. It's a solid 6, more mobile for sure.

I think they need through trade / signings 3 new players, 4 if no Pleks. A 3rd line LW to play with moore and Moen, a proven tough 4th line center who wins faceoffs, a top 6 forward. Rplacement for Pleks if needed.

I don't know, I actually think Hammer will be moved, he only has 1 more year left on his contract, I really don't have a problem with Gorges Gill pairing, i think they are a really good bottom pair. Markov and O"Byrne are fine, Then i think you have Subban Spacek. It's a solid 6, more mobile for sure.

I think they need through trade / signings 3 new players, 4 if no Pleks. A 3rd line LW to play with moore and Moen, a proven tough 4th line center who wins faceoffs, a top 6 forward. Rplacement for Pleks if needed.

I still think it's an addition to the top lines that we need - that will push everyone back a spot. The problem is that in order to do so, we would have to trade Hamrlik (and/or Spacek) and then we'd be vulnerable on D.

Our roster with just one more legitimate top 6 forward (like Sharp, Kariya or Horton) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> our roster right now. One player is all it takes.