GDT: Montreal (39-32-8) vs New York I. (33-35-10)

dlbalr

canadiens_vs_nyi_102209_ryanremiorz_01.j

Projected lines for Montreal (39-32-8):

Left Wing Centre Right Wing Defence/Goalies
Cammalleri Plekanec A. Kostitsyn Markov O'Byrne
Pouliot Gomez Gionta Hamrlik Spacek
Moen Moore S. Kostitsyn Gill Gorges
Bergeron Lapierre Pyatt* Halak Price

Other Notes:
Injuries:, Mara, Metropolit
Scratches: Darche*, Laraque, Maxwell

Projected lines for New York (33-35-10):

Left Wing Centre Right Wing Defence/Goalies
Bergenheim Tavares Comeau Streit Hillen
Moulson Bailey Okposo Meyer MacDonald
Sim Neilsen Hunter Reese Flood
Gillies Park Jackman Roloson Biron

Other Notes:
Injuries: DiPietro, Gervais, Kohn, Martinek, Schremp, Weight
Scratches: Tambellini
NYI D Mark Flood is a former Hab draft pick - 188th in 2003 - (Habs never signed him)

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure one more win and the Habs are essentially in. This will be tough though since most would say that we are up against non playoff teams it will be quite easy to win a game. These three teams upcoming are playing very loose since they have nothing to lose. The Habs have to be careful and play as hard as they can. Go Habs Go!

I figure one more win and the Habs are essentially in. This will be tough though since most would say that we are up against non playoff teams it will be quite easy to win a game. These three teams upcoming are playing very loose since they have nothing to lose. The Habs have to be careful and play as hard as they can. Go Habs Go!

I agree that the habs should take every game seriously, but I hate this argument. Would you rather that the habs were playing a team fighting for its playoff life? Teams out of the playoffs are usually out of the playoffs for a reason - they are not as good as the teams in the playoffs.

That being said, don't take this game for granted. GO HABS GO!

Yea, as long as they come out and play a game with intensity and hard work they should be fine tonight. i also agree 1 more win locks up a playoff spot. Probably not 6th but they'll be in. They definitely should be urgent to get it done tonight.

Am I the only one who hates MAB on the 4th line? This team playes much better with some grit on that line, when JM roles those 4 lines, they play better.

It's not like the PP is rolloing with him back there, I would argue they are so predictible on the PP, the other 4 players just stand around waiting for the bomb from the point.

Yea, as long as they come out and play a game with intensity and hard work they should be fine tonight. i also agree 1 more win locks up a playoff spot. Probably not 6th but they'll be in. They definitely should be urgent to get it done tonight.

Am I the only one who hates MAB on the 4th line? This team playes much better with some grit on that line, when JM roles those 4 lines, they play better.

It's not like the PP is rolloing with him back there, I would argue they are so predictible on the PP, the other 4 players just stand around waiting for the bomb from the point.

A win tonight would all but clinch a spot, but the Habs need either the Rags or Philly to lose in regulation OR both teams to lose in in OT/SO.

I oddly have faith in the Habs' ability to get things done tonight... hopefully my faith isn't misplaced.

I too, prefer a MAB-less 4th line, but I think that until Subban comes up for good, we need his bomb from the point. Right now it's been rendered ineffective, but once Cammy gets his groove back, I think we'll see better results.

GO HABS GO!!!!

The maximum the Thrashers can achieve in points is 87. If the Rangers lose in regulation their best possible output will equal 88 points. If the Habs win tonight they'll hit 88 points. Also if we win tonight we'll hit 40 wins. The Rangers have 36 wins presently meaning if they lose tonight, the best outcome for the Rangers for wins will be 39.

DONE AND DONE :)

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

#6 Montreal Canadiens would clinch a playoff berth...

* if they defeat the New York Islanders AND either the New York Rangers or Philadelphia Flyers lose in regulation to the Buffalo Sabres or Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

OR

* if they defeat the New York Islanders AND both the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers lose (in regulation or overtime/shootout) to the Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

OR

* if they get one point against the New York Islanders AND both the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers lose in regulation to the Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs, respectively

I hate him on the 4th line too, but with the team's lethargic offence I understand why he's getting shifts. I just wish that when Martin gets to the third, he subs him out of the 4th line rotation and double shifts a guy like Gionta instead of benching the entire line.

if Kostitsyn keeps playing like he has so far tonight, I'll feel much better about the playoffs.
Yeah, there could be a secret weapon to add to the playoff potential picture. I love the way both are playing right now. Sergei is getting into the dirty areas and he's winning takeaways for some time now. His Olympic experience seems to have waken him up.

Shutout streak ends for Halak at 132:29 :(

I agree that the habs should take every game seriously, but I hate this argument. Would you rather that the habs were playing a team fighting for its playoff life? Teams out of the playoffs are usually out of the playoffs for a reason - they are not as good as the teams in the playoffs.

HAHAHAHA!

Teams out of the playoffs are usually out of the playoffs for a reason - they are not as good as the teams in the playoffs.

:D

C'mooooon Habs!

Islanders have ben playig great! Great :puke:

Let's start with... .SHOW UP!!!!

F*&*ing team, playing like headless chickens again... How can a team look so helpless when playing a young team with a bunch of no-names Dmen? For crying out loud! ATTACK! MAIM! KILL!

very flat first .....the dmen are being very irresponsible ...maybe it's because they're shocked at how boring the crowd is? :puke:

I think you could hear crickets chirping during commercial breaks