HabsWorld 2010 NHL Playoff Thread

Habsfan84

Game on it Detroit!!!! Go Sharks. Just started and no scoring yet. I expect Detroit to take this one, and then San Jose to win it in 5

5-0 Wings already!! Looks like its going to game 5.

Edited by Habsfan84

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Can't say that I like Vancouver's chances anymore.

Sucks, Vancouver were my pick in the West for SC final...

Somewhat related article...

http://passittobulis.blogspot.com/2010/05/...h-ruptured.html

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

Graham James is a piece of shite and doesn't deserve his own thread nevermind mention. A woodchipper is more suited for him. In that, I apologize even typing his crap slop name.

But, I can take solice in the fact that this is bad news for dickface. The media is crowing! Tomorrow night on the National Neil MacDonald catches up with the bastard. :D

Too bad his hiding scheme has failed. It's so wonderful knowing he's worried right now. Go get him Neil

Canucks were standing tall but it's a game of mistakes. Salo made one sort of. He should have stood up to the shooter. The center Wellwood was lousy on the back check but even bigger was; where was Salo's partner? That was the 1st goal.

The Versteeg goal is just a bummer. C'mon Vancouver :angry: - Lu needs goal support!!!

Tick tock tick tock

3-0 Hawks. Alain Vigneault is making mistakes. We're looking at a potential consecutive 2nd round loss to the Hawks. Considering the roster and expectations I wonder if they'll move in a new direction. Last I heard, Guy Boucher is available.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Demitra please go back to Slovakia.... I badly want the Canucks to disassmble alot of this team and add some grit, leadership and maybe some players who actually play well in the playoffs.
Don't get me started. Some teams have a stigma. For Boston, for so long after Moog they couldn't solve their goaltending for the life of them. Philly is stuck in this mode more recently as well. Some teams like the Rangers and the Leafs attempt to use money to change things. There are aptterns and the Canucks make me wonder.

Vancouver is a team that I have always associated as a bad inter-marriage. Call it locker room or bad chance - it's always something, anything other than real success. They hate it. Calgary and Edmonton fans subtlely remind them of it. A new direction whether it be coaching or personnel is a good idea. I would recommend not to disturb the nucleus and the team too much. I do moreso wonder about Vigneault

Demitra please go back to Slovakia.... I badly want the Canucks to disassmble alot of this team and add some grit, leadership and maybe some players who actually play well in the playoffs.

I hate to agree with Cherry, but they could benefit from a captain that isn't Luongo. Nothing against him, but it's a role not best suited to a G.

I hate to agree with Cherry, but they could benefit from a captain that isn't Luongo. Nothing against him, but it's a role not best suited to a G.

I personnaly think the team captain concept is overated. Habs just beat the Caps and brought the Pens to game 7 without any real captain. If the team think that Luongo is the guy who brings the more leadership, than be it. I don't think the Sedins have the personnality. Maybe a guy like O'Brian or Bieska... I just don't know them enough. Maybe Stealth and other guys form BC could tell.

I personnaly think the team captain concept is overated. Habs just beat the Caps and brought the Pens to game 7 without any real captain. If the team think that Luongo is the guy who brings the more leadership, than be it. I don't think the Sedins have the personnality. Maybe a guy like O'Brian or Bieska... I just don't know them enough. Maybe Stealth and other guys form BC could tell.

When everyone was talking about who our captain was theres was no clear cut guy, but I was definatly surprised about Luongo getting it.

I keep thinking I'd like them to keep the core together but they are the guys who played awful this series. H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, Grabner. When our best forward of a game is Kyle Wellwood you've got issues. I used to love Bieksa but his defensive gaffes this season and post season want him shipped out for a gritty forward.

How about Bieska for S. Kostitsyn :rolleyes:

Now who is Canada's team ? Please CBC join the boat and say a couple of positive things

about the Habs team even if it means a change of heart.

After all how's paying your wages ?

All the nation behind it will be a great party.

I thought about that too, but I think it's a different situation. With the Habs, they know that there's no captain, so everybody can step up and contribute. With Vancouver, they *do* have a captain... he just can't be there for them on the bench; as a result, I wonder if players will step up in the same way.

I thought about that too, but I think it's a different situation. With the Habs, they know that there's no captain, so everybody can step up and contribute. With Vancouver, they *do* have a captain... he just can't be there for them on the bench; as a result, I wonder if players will step up in the same way.

Well, Luongo can skate to the bench 2-3 times per period + talk to the players when they have faceoffs in their own zone. I don't think the captain has a huge power on the bench. I think it's more in the locker room during intermissions and outside of the ice rink with young players etc.

The point that bugs me with a goalie as Captain, is that he cannot drop the gloves. I know guys like Yzerman, Gretz, Koivu, Messier, etc were not fighting (or very very very rarely), but I've always loved the situations where guys like Scott Stevens or Jarome Iginla were getting into a big fight to wake the team up and send a message "Guys, I'll ###### this guy up, I'll take the 5 minutes, now do your job and score one or two."

Well, Luongo can skate to the bench 2-3 times per period + talk to the players when they have faceoffs in their own zone. I don't think the captain has a huge power on the bench. I think it's more in the locker room during intermissions and outside of the ice rink with young players etc.

The point that bugs me with a goalie as Captain, is that he cannot drop the gloves. I know guys like Yzerman, Gretz, Koivu, Messier, etc were not fighting (or very very very rarely), but I've always loved the situations where guys like Scott Stevens or Jarome Iginla were getting into a big fight to wake the team up and send a message "Guys, I'll ###### this guy up, I'll take the 5 minutes, now do your job and score one or two."

I agree with your points, but I just think it's a little different than having your captain on the bench, assuming the same role as everyone there. The captain can lead by example (for instance, fight like you said), but a goalie can only do what he can do. He's limited in his role whereas a forward or defenseman can more easily do more.

In theory anyway.

Phillie currently on top of Boston 2-0. hope Phillie wins and gives the Habs a bit of a break.

Edited by Habsfan84