Habs @ Washington: GAME 1

bar

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to take a mile wide gulp! Is there a doctor in the house? :lol:

Now the true grade of what Gainey has built can be evaluated. It all depends on which story unfolds. Hockey's a b/tch :hockey: Hopefully the Hockey Gods smile on us tonight. The biggest thing I'm looking for is the Canadiens playing well without the puck, positionally frustrating Washington. That is key.

We'll have a much better idea of this series after the 1st. Let the Habs stars align in the sky tonight. :hlogo:

Sigh.. we can't take those penalties all night.. but at least Halak is not going to be "cold" like in the leaf game.. he should be seeing lots of rubber tonight.

lol, gionta wins the physical battle with Ovie... I love Gionta.. all compete in that guy.

shots 11 - 3.. I think its safe to say that Halak is holding us in... at some point, our guys have to start shooting. It doesn't really matter how Theo plays if we don't test him.

awesome PP.. MAB, Markov, Cammy.. all good work...

Let's hope they don't try to sit on this lead. :)

You know I kinda like it when WE get the first!

I was hoping to see him start to put them in from that position. He's been deadly there.

how did we charge from 6 inches away.. lol.. hit from behind maybe.. but a charge?

Pouliot jumped to hit the washington player..that's why he was called for charging!

I gotta say that i'm pleasantly surprised to see us with the leed!!

What I'm finding is that we aren't doing anything with the puck even when we get it with some time. It might just be nerves but the guys are giving it right back as soon as they touch it.

However 1-1 is ok

Cammy scoring was huge. The Habs know they need Cammy producing to go any where. Nothing better for him to have got out off his slump right now.

Shocked nobody has mentioned the elbow on Spacek. I thought it was uber dirty.

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Too sloppy in our own zone but really not that bad of a period. The 1st was always going to be the challenging one, let's get it going in the 2nd!

!

I think you guys are right; that we'll lose the nerves a little and start to play better.