Habs @ Washington: GAME 1

bar

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm none of our goal scorers were over 6 feet tall... that can't be right considering all we heard all week was that small players can't play in the playoffs.

btw I loved that Spacek picked up the assist on the GWG.

That we do!!!!!!

Imagine how quite this forum would of been if the results were different.

Imagine how NOT quiet the Bell Centre will be in a few days and maybe we can force it to 3 games at the Bell centre as well.

Pls everybody, I know we are all happy and very hopefull at the moment but please... PLEASE dont say anything jinxing now. Lets still know that we are underdogs in this series and that we just extended it by 1 game. With that said, Gnight.

I was not expecting a win tonight. I knew we could play, especially if Camshafted them and MAB loosened up, but I was prepared to lose tonight.

Instead, a damned good team showed up for the 2nd and 3rd.

I am very happy with our guys tonight. That was some hockey. Excellent hockey.

The Hockey gods answered my prayers!!

I'd like to officially appologize to Spacek. I've been hard on him this season, but Pierre McGuire was right, Spacek played a HUGE game for us. If Ovie didn't get a shot on net tonight, it's cause Spacek blocked them all. Also, did any of you see the play Spacek made against Backstrom on the 3 on 1 the Caps had just before we scored, he completely blocked all of Backstrom's options...a huge play by the spaceman!!!

Woohoo, we have home ice advantage!

Imagine how quite this forum would of been if the results were different.

Had the Habs lost in Overtime, I would have been satisfied by the effort. True we were dominated in the 1st period, but after thaT, WE TOOK IT TO THE CAPS!

Edited by Habsfan

Pls everybody, I know we are all happy and very hopefull at the moment but please... PLEASE dont say anything jinxing now. Lets still know that we are underdogs in this series and that we just extended it by 1 game. With that said, Gnight.

Wise words. Still, this was a GREAT win and we should savour every moment, especially since, realistically, we are still prohibitive underdogs. :clap: :hlogo:

Spacey and Laps...I apologize for all the things said during the season.

I second that notion. Also if this is the system JM was trying to play all season then I'll apologize to him to. He really seemed to have a feel for his match-ups and he and Muller were great when they shuffled the forward lines.

HAHA love the title of the tsn article. No-vechkin. Golden.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=318215

Although the shots may indicate that the Habs stole that game, they had just as many scoring chances as the Capitals.

When you bring in missed shots and blocked shots it shows how effective the Habs were tonight.

Throughout most of the season the Canadiens were on the lopsided end of the shots+blocks+misses.

Tonight those numbers were pretty even.

Although they gave up 93 shots at the goal, they put 88 shots at the Caps goal.

That is indicative of a pretty even game. For all the size on the Capitals end, they played a soft game.

They played into the Canadiens strengths and the Habs collapsed down low and continually blocked shots

in the slot. Halak and Theodore were strong tonight. I also loved Hal Gill's game tonight even though he had

tough luck on the 2nd goal.

Good start!

Edited by Wamsley01

Wow, what a game! I was at the edge of my seat for most of the game.

The team still has room to improve (Lapierre, Kostitsyns), but most of the Habs showed up to play. Even Spacek, who I was cursing for meekly turning over the puck which lead to the first Caps goal, stepped up with some very good plays in the rest of the game. I love the fact that the Habs beat Theodore at home, where he's been undefeated since mid-January. I won't be surprised if the Capitals come back with Varlamov, in either game 2 or 3.

I'll say this, though: watch out for the Caps in Game Two!! They will bring it ALL to the table for that first period. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shelled something like 5-2. BUT if we can somehow hang on and win *that* one, then we can really start to contemplate the unimaginable.

It'll be interesting.

Anyone see the Caps fan after the game was over? haha.. BITTER! :)

YEah I saw that...I was laughing pretty hard after that one!

I'll say this, though: watch out for the Caps in Game Two!! They will bring it ALL to the table for that first period. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shelled something like 5-2. BUT if we can somehow hang on and win *that* one, then we can really start to contemplate the unimaginable.

It'll be interesting.

I agree but it is mission accomplished at this point for the Habs. We needed to win one and we did that. It would be spectacular if we could put the cherry on top and take both, but at the very least we have taken home advantage.