Washington @ Habs: GAME 3

bar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodnight guys! It's been fun. Yet another playoff failure from what's turned into a joke of a franchise.

I don't agree. The guys were playing terrific hockey and can't even be faulted much for the two goals. The same things that put wind in our sails can also take the wind out of us, and this happened.

We've been playing very well. We're just going through a bad spot here; as someone said, we're skating in quicksand so no need to climb on to them.

I don't agree. The guys were playing terrific hockey and can't even be faulted much for the two goals. The same things that put wind in our sails can also take the wind out of us, and this happened.

We've been playing very well. We're just going through a bad spot here; as someone said, we're skating in quicksand so no need to climb on to them.

Except we stopped playing when we let ONE GOAL in. That's not the mark of a winning team. That's the mark of a team that's used to losing.

Seriously, we are going to score if we start going hard to the net, getting guys in front, and winning the battles at the lip of the crease. They scored some easy goals on Theo, now they all think they can just shoot from bad angles with no support.

We shall see if JM can make an adjustment for the next game, but I am not holding out much hope.

Well this is the first series that really looks now like a one versus eight matchup.

I think, weare on the way to 4-0 to get knocked out. Only solace to take from that is that gauthier may actually grow a pair and CAN Martin!!

Seriously, we are going to score if we start going hard to the net, getting guys in front, and winning the battles at the lip of the crease. They scored some easy goals on Theo, now they all think they can just shoot from bad angles with no support.

We shall see if JM can make an adjustment for the next game, but I am not holding out much hope.

We haven't seen JM make any adjustments all year, what makes you think its going to happen next game?

If JM actually spoke up at the bullshit calls and non-calls last game, Pleks wouldn't have to be taking the misconduct penalty now.

LOL. as I said, not holding out much hope... maybe Muller can drug him and take over...

Well this is the first series that really looks now like a one versus eight matchup.

I think, weare on the way to 4-0 to get knocked out. Only solace to take from that is that gauthier may actually grow a pair and CAN Martin!!

We haven't seen JM make any adjustments all year, what makes you think its going to happen next game?

If JM actually spoke up at the bullshit calls and non-calls last game, Pleks wouldn't have to be taking the misconduct penalty now.

RDS highlited him ripping the refs a new one...

It seems to me that we fans are doing what we're accusing them of doing. They got some really bad breaks, and the Caps capitalized. So what. We were outplaying them. Shp hattens.

+1

I fully expected Washington to beat us in the series, but they could give the boys a chance..

I can take a more talented team beating us to the punch. I can't take the refs having a 2nd epic fail in a row. Just disgusting.

lol, we touch Varm.. and Pleks get a penalty and an extra... what a joke... now its time to protect the goalies I guess...

I'm not big on complaining about refs, but the last 5 minutes were absurd.

Gionta's love taps get called after the Caps are all over Price and then Pleks gets 4 min? Nonsense.

Edited by Wamsley01

Oh, and I hope Gauthier fixes the size/aggression issue this summer. Wasnt Moen supposed to be some hard-nosed playoffs warrior? He's invisible and barely touched anyone so far in 3 games. Moore is nice, but another small guy who can't push anyone around. Oh, and Hamrlik is spent. They squeezed whatever juice was left in his old legs by playing him 20+ mins earlier this season when Markov went down.

RDS highlited him ripping the refs a new one...

Too little too late. He needed to speak up when Halak was being interfered with last game,when Markov was highsticked last game. Game is over and JM decides to speak up about washington sending too many guys out prior to a faceoff. Big shit.

The guy is a terrible coach - when was the last time this guy actually won a playoff series - hell the guy's been out of the playoffs so long, that he's probably just happy to be in the playoffs and get to play golf early.

I'm not big on complaining about refs, but the last 5 minutes were absurd.

Gionta's love taps get called after the Caps are all over Price and then Pleks gets 4 min? Nonsense.

Would be a good time to sacrifice a fringe player by asking him to go do a hack job on Backstrom. Yeah, 70's hockey tactics rules.

Too little too late. He needed to speak up when Halak was being interfered with last game,when Markov was highsticked last game. Game is over and JM decides to speak up about washington sending too many guys out prior to a faceoff. Big shit.

The guy is a terrible coach - when was the last time this guy actually won a playoff series - hell the guy's been out of the playoffs so long, that he's probably just happy to be in the playoffs and get to play golf early.

2003. The Sens lost to the Devils in the Conference Finals.

I'm not entirely sure, but I could swear I heard JM got a huge bonus for getting us into the playoffs. You might have a point there hab29.

I'm not a fan of Martin, but at a certain point you have to also realize the limits of the horses he has to run with. The Habs were small before and got even smaller this year. When only Pouliot can hit with authority, you know your roster is grossly lacking size and grit.

Habs can't play all types of games. When it comes down to a trenches war, we're done.

2003. The Sens lost to the Devils in the Conference Finals.

Exactly - 7 fXckin years and that is after year's of getting knocked out by the leafs in the 1st or 2nd round.

Exactly - 7 fXckin years and that is after year's of getting knocked out by the leafs in the 1st or 2nd round.

He actually only played 1 series since then as he couldn't get the Panthers into the playoffs from 2006-08.

He is a relic, probably one of the oldest coaches in the NHL. His first season was 1987-88.

It seems to me that we fans are doing what we're accusing them of doing. They got some really bad breaks, and the Caps capitalized. So what. We were outplaying them. Shp hattens.

Martin almost had us up by two and had us out flying toniht. As my philosophy professor used to say, "Man proposes, Allah disposes."

Fan up there guys!

Go Habs Go!