Washington @ Habs: GAME 4

bar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of Hammer on the PP is that Martin wants Gorges and Gill to match up against Ovie at all possible times. Ovechkin doesn't play the PK, so you know he'll probably be the first one out after the powerplay, which means Gorges and Gill need to be ready. That leaves 4 D to take 4 point slots, unless you put a forward back there; probably not the best experiment to try in a playoff game.

Of course it is. Hammer does what he can, but he doesnt have the wheels to recover anymore. Just the same as back when we had Souray, but at least Souray would make up for it with rockets and goals.

Hammer needs to play a stay-at-home style and Martin needs to finds someone else to send on that PP. I keep saying to send Sergei K. The kid has hockey smarts, vision and passing skills. Why he doesnt get any PP time is mind-boggling, especially since our PP is having regular problems controlling the puck.

Anyway, good period ruined by a bonehead coaching decision.

I'm amazed SK74 is in the lineup! Martin obviously dislikes him. Carbo had SK on the PP before and he did look pretty good - I think he would be good option as well. They also tried AK46, but AK46 is too much of a defensive liablity to put on the point.

What I don't get is why Markov and MAB can't play the whole PP or most of the PP. Hell, Ovechkin was on the ice for a minute before the Caps PP and was on the ice for the whole PP as well. So again - to me this is on Martin again! If Doughty can play 30 min a game as a 2nd year pro, why can't Markov??? He has played that much in the past - why not in the playoffs???

I don't know why they didn't sign four six foot five forty goal scorers. What were they thinking!

MAB has been bad, but he saved our butts there.

Price saves our asterisk