GDT: Game 5, Montreal vs Washington

dlbalr

I have no faith in Halak. So not expecting a great performance tonight...terrible call on JMs part. We had one goalie with confidence problems..by starting Halak we now have two. Add this to the list of questionable tactics by JM, including handling of young players vs. vets, line shifting, the list goes on. Round peg is what he wants in a team, and this team is a square hole.

The handling of goalies is actually the only thing Martin seems to have done right all season long. It makes perfect sense to come back with Halak. Price allowed 4 goals and took 2 dumb indiscipline penalties. If, say, Laps or SKost would have had two penalties that dumb you can bet your ass they'd have been healthy scratches tonight.é You dont reward a backup who comes up with that kind of performance with another start.

Besides, the Habs are facing elimination. If you're to go down, you do it with your best players.

I just hope Halak is rested. He usually comes out with good performances when he is.

Well, the key is simple: Habs have to show up to play 60 mins. Not 20, not 40: 60.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that you mention it though, because animosity between myself and Sens' fans is at an all-time low. There seems to be a shared belief in the conspiracy that the NHL is out to get our respective teams, as "they" want a Pittsburgh/Washington matchup, and that the Habs and Sens are getting screwed over in the process. ^_^

And here I thought it'd be at least another week before those conspiracies started being discussed!

The handling of goalies is actually the only thing Martin seems to have done right all season long. It makes perfect sense to come back with Halak. Price allowed 4 goals and took 2 dumb indiscipline penalties. If, say, Laps or SKost would have had two penalties that dumb you can bet your ass they'd have been healthy scratches tonight.é You dont reward a backup who comes up with that kind of performance with another start.

Besides, the Habs are facing elimination. If you're to go down, you do it with your best players.

I just hope Halak is rested. He usually comes out with good performances when he is.

Well, the key is simple: Habs have to show up to play 60 mins. Not 20, not 40: 60.

Halak is playing well when rested.. but also when he is not expected to do great. Nobody expect the Habs/Halak to win tonight. Halak has proven people wrong his whole career. He'll be unstoppable tonight.

Cant watch tonight because of work tomorrow but I hope there will be at least one more habs game to catch on tv this season.

GO HABS GO! I hope Hal Gill catches Ovechkin of guard and nails him big time.

We do have a chance tonight.. the Caps have a lot less motivation and pressure tonight then the habs... we better out play them at least.

and there we go.. we get the trailer so that we have a guy rushing the net... not so easy to stop Cammy with traffic ...

We do have a chance tonight.. the Caps have a lot less motivation and pressure tonight then the habs... we better out play them at least.

and there we go.. we get the trailer so that we have a guy rushing the net... not so easy to stop Cammy with traffic ...

We have solidly outplayd Washington from the get go in all games. We have a very good team that is showing some wear particularly on D as Hammer had to fill in for the long loss of Markov. Then we lost big offensive chunks, Cam and MAB.

And we improved.

We have a good team that could easlily beat these guys.

Them's my boys! Great play. All of them .. Yea boys.

Them's my boys! Great play. All of them .. Yea boys.

What kind of stupid is that

I'm not arguing with Pierre.....just the fact he's been harping on it (even before Moen scored)

FARK OFF PLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You miss a breakaway by not skating then take a stupid penalry