Beauchemin and Fichaud re-signed...

puck7x

Looks like the Bulldogs have their goalies set for 03-04 , Fichaud and Michaud... hehehe

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#82372

Beauchemin = 2 year deal

Fichaud = Habs exercised option , one year.

Canadiens.com link : http://www.canadiens.com/english/presse/co...dex.cfm?id=1753

Good news.

[Edited on 2003/6/17 by puck7x]

Beauchemin & Bouillon with new deals in the off-season means the Habs:

- are not optimist about Souray's wrist

- plan to dump Dykhuis & Traverse ASAP

- are contemplating trading Hainsey

- simply enjoy being 7 guys deep at LD

???

A lot of uncertainty at LD, the whole Brisebois mess at RD... lots of work for Gainey & friends.

Originally posted by Habs77

Beauchemin & Bouillon with new deals in the off-season means the Habs:

- are not optimist about Souray's wrist

- plan to dump Dykhuis & Traverse ASAP

- are contemplating trading Hainsey

- simply enjoy being 7 guys deep at LD

???

A lot of uncertainty at LD, the whole Brisebois mess at RD... lots of work for Gainey & friends.

I dont think it has anything to do with Sourays health. Beauchemin had to be signed even if Souray was healthy , Beauchemin either makes the habs as a #6-8 or will be a top d-man for the Bulldogs again , had nothing to do with Souray. We werent going to lose Beauchemin for nothing...

I think your reading too much into the signing. :) Its a move that we had to make , why lose him for nothing?

I said Beauchemin & Bouillon to start my post... obviously all these questions come the combined presence of these two on top of all the other LDs we have at the moment.

But of course, we weren't about to let Beauchemin go for nothing... duh ;)

Originally posted by Habs77

I said Beauchemin & Bouillon to start my post... obviously all these questions come the combined presence of these two on top of all the other LDs we have at the moment.

But of course, we weren't about to let Beauchemin go for nothing... duh ;)

Well then why didnt you bring up the Souray-health issue now? Why not when we signed Bouillon? (You might of anyways... I forget) ...

Wow , we've got way too many LD's ... And not enough RD's....

Archer is like our 4th string RD (not including Brisebois) , that is crazy. Though that doesnt mean we'd call him up if we suffer injuries , we'd probably just use Traverse or Dykhuis as RD's if that happened.

Beauchemin can play both sides.

And Habs 77, sorry but that makes no sense. When a good player whos developping wells contract expires, you sign him for that reason, not because you want to trade someone else or you are skeptic about a player. Beauchemin was a solid defensemen who made a lot of progress, they werent gonna let him go, his contract wont be huge.

I repeat what I said to puck... the Beauchemin signing alone does not warrant all those questions,

It had more to do with Bouillon but I used Beauchemin's signing as a segway... it just got me thinking about our overall picture on defense, sue me :)

Fact is we have 7 LDs.. that's a lot, and eventually something will have to give.

Will it be Souray who might never play again?

Dykhuis/Traverse traded?

Hainsey traded?

Bouillon/Beauchemin simply never make it to the bigs again?

Depth is good, but I could do without the Dykhuis/Traverse kinda depth.

Beauchemin is coming a career year, where he was the top Bulldogs defensemen, and one of the top defensemen in the entire AHL. It's hard to believe that he was in the ECHL last year, and this year he was on the top pairing on the top team in the AHL, talk about your turnarounds.

I listened to an interview Savard did during the Bulldogs playoffs and he had a lot of good things to say about Beauchemin (and Ryder). I expect Beauchemin to be the dogs top defensemen next year, with a call up here and there (but waivers get in the way). He does need to work on his positioning, and leaving his feet too often, as we need a better defense coach, IMO. :hlogo:

Originally posted by montreal

Beauchemin is coming a career year, where he was the top Bulldogs defensemen, and one of the top defensemen in the entire AHL. It's hard to believe that he was in the ECHL last year, and this year he was on the top pairing on the top team in the AHL, talk about your turnarounds.

I listened to an interview Savard did during the Bulldogs playoffs and he had a lot of good things to say about Beauchemin (and Ryder). I expect Beauchemin to be the dogs top defensemen next year, with a call up here and there (but waivers get in the way). He does need to work on his positioning, and leaving his feet too often, as we need a better defense coach, IMO. :hlogo:

The dogs are really going to need Beauchemin next year on defense , they'll be without the Oilers guys (made up 1/2 of the defense) they'll be without Komisarek , and they will possibly be without Bouillon (Habs spare maybe?) and Hainsey (if he makes the habs) .... I bet the Dogs are going to have to sign some AHL-filler types to fill out the roster...

Dogs defense : Beauchemin , Archer .... then question marks... Shasby (if we sign him) , Bouillon , Hainsey , Blouin (lol , I know... but he can play defense)

Btw : Totally agree about getting a new defensive coach , I dont think anyone out there wants Rick Green teaching our d-men how to play the game.

[Edited on 2003/6/20 by puck7x]

I think Fichaud could still turn out to be a solid netminder. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a starter in the NHL. Just that I could see him being a capable 12-18 game starter as a back-up to a good goalie.

I'm not sold on Michaud...

Originally posted by puck7x

The dogs are really going to need Beauchemin next year on defense , they'll be without the Oilers guys (made up 1/2 of the defense) they'll be without Komisarek , and they will possibly be without Bouillon (Habs spare maybe?) and Hainsey (if he makes the habs) .... I bet the Dogs are going to have to sign some AHL-filler types to fill out the roster...

Dogs defense : Beauchemin , Archer .... then question marks... Shasby (if we sign him) , Bouillon , Hainsey , Blouin (lol , I know... but he can play defense)

Btw : Totally agree about getting a new defensive coach , I dont think anyone out there wants Rick Green teaching our d-men how to play the game.

[Edited on 2003/6/20 by puck7x]

Beauchemin, Hainsey, Jarventie, Bouillon, Archer, Blouin, O'dette, and hopefully Shasby. Also Descoteaux is still around as well.

Beauchemin, Hainsey, Jarventie, Bouillon, Archer, Blouin, O'dette, and hopefully Shasby. Also Descoteaux is still around as well.

Yeah a few hours after my post I remembered Jarventie , he said he'd be coming back to North America for next season. As for the others... I forgot about O'Dette , and wasnt aware that Descoteaux was in the habs future plans (since he's in Utah , or was... ) ... Its still a pretty weak defense though.

Ah well , I dont expect much from the dogs next year anyways... All I want is for our prospects to continue to develop.

Yeah a few hours after my post I remembered Jarventie , he said he'd be coming back to North America for next season. As for the others... I forgot about O'Dette , and wasnt aware that Descoteaux was in the habs future plans (since he's in Utah , or was... ) ... Its still a pretty weak defense though.

Ah well , I dont expect much from the dogs next year anyways... All I want is for our prospects to continue to develop.

Well O'dette needs to be resigned, I believe, so he may or may not be back next year. Descoteaux is under contract as far as I know, so unless he gets moved or retires, he should be in Hamilton.

Also, the Hamilton Bulldogs have resigned Ben Carpentier, a defensemen that is a good fighter. here's the link, http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/web_pages/.../pr17062003.php

And there's a Habs article at HF's main page on the Habs draft history under Savard plus all '03 picks, here's the link,

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?s...hreaded&order=0

Well O'dette needs to be resigned, I believe, so he may or may not be back next year. Descoteaux is under contract as far as I know, so unless he gets moved or retires, he should be in Hamilton.

Also, the Hamilton Bulldogs have resigned Ben Carpentier, a defensemen that is a good fighter. here's the link, http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/web_pages/.../pr17062003.php

And there's a Habs article at HF's main page on the Habs draft history under Savard plus all '03 picks, here's the link,

Well at least the dogs will have no shortage of goons for next season (Blouin , O'Dette , Carpentier) ... Wont get pushed around anyways :)

Good job on the article btw...

Man that Linhart pick really pisses me off. First of all we take him high in the draft when many other quality guys are still on the board , and second of all the guy totally bombs his 02-03 season in the OHL , playing on 3 seperate teams and being a scratch alot of the time... and when he did play he didnt do much.

I'll give Linhart another year to prove me wrong , but its looking pretty bleak for him at the moment... looking like a wasted pick.

Well at least the dogs will have no shortage of goons for next season (Blouin , O'Dette , Carpentier) ... Wont get pushed around anyways :)

Good job on the article btw...

Man that Linhart pick really pisses me off. First of all we take him high in the draft when many other quality guys are still on the board , and second of all the guy totally bombs his 02-03 season in the OHL , playing on 3 seperate teams and being a scratch alot of the time... and when he did play he didnt do much.

I'll give Linhart another year to prove me wrong , but its looking pretty bleak for him at the moment... looking like a wasted pick.

Yea the dogs will have some tough guys. Carpentier is one of the better fighters in the AHL.

About Linhart, he played for the Ice Dogs and London, what other team are you refering to? As for "totally bombs" I think that's a tad harsh. He was playing his first season in North America, where he didn't know hardly any English, and had a whole new culture and environment to adapt to. Not saying that things went well for him, but he was a + on a weak defensive Ice Dogs, and a + on a not much better London Knights team. Being benched in the playoffs is bad, but at 6'3 215 and 18/19 years old far from home, he still has a ways to go before I give up on him. But he will be playing for a contract this year or he'll reenter the '04 draft.

Oh must of been my mistake ... 2 teams it was.

As for the culture-shock excuse , well the same thing can be said for many other Euro's who have gone to the CHL , and most of them have adapted to the league with few problems.

Like I said , I havent given up on him yet... Their could of been other factors that contributed to his lousy season that we are unaware of...

Oh must of been my mistake ... 2 teams it was.

As for the culture-shock excuse , well the same thing can be said for many other Euro's who have gone to the CHL , and most of them have adapted to the league with few problems.

Like I said , I havent given up on him yet... Their could of been other factors that contributed to his lousy season that we are unaware of...

Culture shock can happen to some players but not others. It's easy to say it's just an excuse, but for young kids going somewhere far away from home, things can be tougher for some. It's part of developing ones character, and how he adapts next year will be an important step.

But I still wounldn't say he had a lousy season. He's not known for his offence abilities but for his crease clearing abilities and physical play. I admit I don't get to see the OHL, so I can't say if he was good or bad, but a +6 is respectable considereding all the factors, IMO. Getting benched in the playoffs is not a good sign, but I don't think I go as far as saying he was lousy. Not great. :-^

Culture shock can happen to some players but not others. It's easy to say it's just an excuse, but for young kids going somewhere far away from home, things can be tougher for some. It's part of developing ones character, and how he adapts next year will be an important step.

But I still wounldn't say he had a lousy season. He's not known for his offence abilities but for his crease clearing abilities and physical play. I admit I don't get to see the OHL, so I can't say if he was good or bad, but a +6 is respectable considereding all the factors, IMO. Getting benched in the playoffs is not a good sign, but I don't think I go as far as saying he was lousy. Not great. :-^

Like you I didnt get a chance to see Linhart play at all last season (Maybe I saw one sunday game on sportsnet) , I remember reading a few fan-reports saying he was "lousy" ... Though I'd like to see with my own eyes...

Lets put it this way , he didnt have a very good season :)

Hopefully he turns it around.