TV: TSN, RDS
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Game 5 Highlights:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE that PK is called up! But hopefully it is not for S.Kost!

Lines should be

Moen - Gomez - Gionta

Cammy - Pleks - A.Kost

Pouliot - Laps - S.Kost

Metro - Moore - Pyatt

Markov - OByrne

Gill - Subban

Hamrlik - Gorges

But, I'm not the coach so we'll see...

GO HABS GO!

I don't mind if PK plays D and then they use MAB as a 4th line forward and on the PP. That will give us Markov, Subban, and MAB for the points on the PP, an area we need to improve in.

Frankly, our 4th line should see limited minutes unless we have the game well in hand.

I don't mind if PK plays D and then they use MAB as a 4th line forward and on the PP. That will give us Markov, Subban, and MAB for the points on the PP, an area we need to improve in.

Frankly, our 4th line should see limited minutes unless we have the game well in hand.

The one small issue with playing Subban on D is that he's a lot like Bergeron; he makes a lot of bad decisions that make you pull your hair out. Granted, he makes a lot of good ones too, but is it better to go with the devil you know or the devil you don't? Also, does anyone feel safe with Hamrlik backing up any potential miscues the way he's been playing lately? (I do expect a bounce back game from him though).

The AHL doesn't track ice time stats but I heard Subban's name a ton yesterday, gotta wonder if fatigue could set in, especially with overnight travel. He may be better off seeing mostly PP time and just spelling Bergeron at even strength once or twice a period.

I really hope that PK means that MAB sits. Although I'm sure he'll be benched, I'd like to see Sergei out there.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

The one small issue with playing Subban on D is that he's a lot like Bergeron; he makes a lot of bad decisions that make you pull your hair out. Granted, he makes a lot of good ones too, but is it better to go with the devil you know or the devil you don't? Also, does anyone feel safe with Hamrlik backing up any potential miscues the way he's been playing lately? (I do expect a bounce back game from him though).

The AHL doesn't track ice time stats but I heard Subban's name a ton yesterday, gotta wonder if fatigue could set in, especially with overnight travel. He may be better off seeing mostly PP time and just spelling Bergeron at even strength once or twice a period.

If Subban struggles, then you shift MAB back there. It's funny, because I think MAB's best games as a d-man have occured when he's been asked to switch back to D mid-game.

Pregame audio: The media couldn't talk to Subban so instead they talked to Metropolit...about Subban. Not a bad listen, though you can tell very early on that even Metropolit isn't too familiar with PK. Considering he's only played 2 games with the Habs, I don't think anyone aside from the Hamilton recalls (Maxwell, Pyatt, and Darche) would be able to really say much about him.

How does Subban compare to John Carlson?

Carlson is younger and has only played 20 games in the NHL. He has 4 pts this series and plays 20+ min

How does Subban compare to John Carlson?

Carlson is younger and has only played 20 games in the NHL. He has 4 pts this series and plays 20+ min

I think Carlson's the more polished d-man, particularly with his overall two-way play - he's a factor both offensively and defensively. I'd put Subban's offensive game ahead of Carlson's, but Carlson's defensive game over Subban.

For those near a TV/radio, Hab talk coming up on Sportsnet's Hockey Central @ Noon with the latest on the lineup moves and whatnot.

PK is a machine.. don't worry about fatigue with him.

As for his defensive capabilities, I have often pointed this out as his main area of focus for improvement. I watched him plenty in Belleville and he takes big chances and makes some scary moves at times. That said, he usually recovered due to his speed.

The last year and a bit has seen a dramatic improvement in PKs defensive game. He certainly played well in the regular season. As long as his partner and wingers support him when he makes his move (ie.. if you see him behind the other team's net, someone cover the point :) ) he will add a lot of speed and offensive threat.

I for one look forward to seeing him play. Oh, and if MAB plays less and just the PP, I expect to see him more effective offensively too. Win win.

Subban is a game time decision, but i can only assume if they called him up its so that he plays. Anyways Habs need a brilliant effort from Halak tonight to have and chance and we have to capitalize on all of our chances. We were fortunate enough to get away with it last game but I doubt we can hold the caps to one goal for two games straight.

Subban is a game time decision, but i can only assume if they called him up its so that he plays. Anyways Habs need a brilliant effort from Halak tonight to have and chance and we have to capitalize on all of our chances. We were fortunate enough to get away with it last game but I doubt we can hold the caps to one goal for two games straight.

For sure, since the Habs had 1 call-up remaining before the Bulldogs get eliminated

Edited by rafikz

Subban is in if Spacek can't go. Bergeron is playing forward tonight, can't see why they'd call up Subban to play forward, a position he has never played. Bergeron has played forward for us in the past and is -8 on the blueline for the series.

If Subban is a wreck out there, Bergeron can replace him mid-game on the blueline. Right now, Jacques is trying to improve his blueline in Spacek's absence.... this is his last option. Seeing Hamrlik-Bergeron in Game 5 was enough to tip the scales for this move.

I'll be at the game tonight. Can't wait to see Subban in action. Even if our boys lose this game, i'll be satisfied with the season. I didn't really expect them to win this series. That's why no matter what the outcome of the game will be, I'll be happy! Obviously, if we can force a game 7, i'll be really happy!!

Washington notes: Morrisonn will return to the lineup, I presume for Sloan. David Steckel is also supposed to play, though no one has a clue who comes out. I've tossed him in the lineup but your guess is as good as mine as to who comes out. (Tomas Fleischmann may also sit). Semin didn't skate today but is expected to play. This much I do know, the plan is to change 2 or 3 of their lines so I wouldn't count on these lines being particularly accurate.

From Elliotte Friedman of CBC:

Prediction: No matter what happens with the Canadiens tonight - or afterward, should they beat Washington - Jaroslav Halak will not re-sign there unless Montreal makes an obscene offer.

Now I'm not saying Elliotte deserves any respect, but ya have to wonder what (if anything) Halak's thoughts are on his future with the Habs..